Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kill Devil Hill (new band w/ Vinny Appice and Rex Brown)

Go down 
+8
nevermore
DallasBlack
Eyesore
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
Olafsto
MetalRob331
Troublezone
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Kill Devil Hill (new band w/ Vinny Appice and Rex Brown) Empty
PostSubject: Kill Devil Hill (new band w/ Vinny Appice and Rex Brown)   Kill Devil Hill (new band w/ Vinny Appice and Rex Brown) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 4:00 am

They sound pretty good to me (kinda like Brand New Sin). Not sure about the vocals though... I'll have to wait and hear the studio recording to know for sure.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=164394

Last edited by Troublezone on Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hill (new band w/ Vinny Appice and Rex Brown)   Kill Devil Hill (new band w/ Vinny Appice and Rex Brown) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 1:18 pm

Pretty badass album.. Very Sabbath influenced and Im very impressed.. Some killer tunes on this great piece of music...

Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hill (new band w/ Vinny Appice and Rex Brown)   Kill Devil Hill (new band w/ Vinny Appice and Rex Brown) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 1:34 pm

Sounds good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hill (new band w/ Vinny Appice and Rex Brown)   Kill Devil Hill (new band w/ Vinny Appice and Rex Brown) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 5:21 pm

This got a good review at sleazeroxx. Didn't sound like my kind of music so I didn't pursue it any further.

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/bands/killdevilhill/killdevil.shtml

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hill (new band w/ Vinny Appice and Rex Brown)   Kill Devil Hill (new band w/ Vinny Appice and Rex Brown) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 2:42 pm

I was initially interested in his project due to the contributing members, but the songs I heard didn't blow my skirt up. Not bad really, but nothing great. I might pick it up down the road at some point though if I saw it cheap enough.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hill (new band w/ Vinny Appice and Rex Brown)   Kill Devil Hill (new band w/ Vinny Appice and Rex Brown) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 2:49 pm

Same here. I was impressed with the songs, only on a "I dig it" level, though. I'll pick it up used someday.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hill (new band w/ Vinny Appice and Rex Brown)   Kill Devil Hill (new band w/ Vinny Appice and Rex Brown) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 5:29 pm

The debut is pretty good, but they need a little more time to play live and solidify their sound. It usually takes a few albums for a band to find themselves.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hill (new band w/ Vinny Appice and Rex Brown)   Kill Devil Hill (new band w/ Vinny Appice and Rex Brown) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 4:42 pm

Listening to it right now. Not bad at all.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hill (new band w/ Vinny Appice and Rex Brown)   Kill Devil Hill (new band w/ Vinny Appice and Rex Brown) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 10:20 pm

I've heard a couple of tracks from this. They really didn't do much for me.
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hill (new band w/ Vinny Appice and Rex Brown)   Kill Devil Hill (new band w/ Vinny Appice and Rex Brown) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 11:23 pm

As much as I want to love this project, I'll agree it doesn't do much for me.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hill (new band w/ Vinny Appice and Rex Brown)   Kill Devil Hill (new band w/ Vinny Appice and Rex Brown) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 1:16 am

They are actually going to be playing in this little town I call home in a couple of weeks. Odd, considering our town has like under 8000 people in it and the next big city (Calgary) is like a 90 minute highway drive away. Nothing out in our area except us.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hill (new band w/ Vinny Appice and Rex Brown)   Kill Devil Hill (new band w/ Vinny Appice and Rex Brown) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 12:57 pm

Sounds great to me. Perfect driving music.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hill (new band w/ Vinny Appice and Rex Brown)   Kill Devil Hill (new band w/ Vinny Appice and Rex Brown) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 2:54 am

Great show tonight. Very good live band. Could have done w/o the Appice drum solo. I do not have the cd, so can't really say what they played.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hill (new band w/ Vinny Appice and Rex Brown)   Kill Devil Hill (new band w/ Vinny Appice and Rex Brown) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 12:16 pm

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hill (new band w/ Vinny Appice and Rex Brown)   Kill Devil Hill (new band w/ Vinny Appice and Rex Brown) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 1:11 pm

That track sound better than anything on the first album, which was so forgettable I can't remember a song off it..
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hill (new band w/ Vinny Appice and Rex Brown)   Kill Devil Hill (new band w/ Vinny Appice and Rex Brown) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 1:19 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
That track sound better than anything on the first album, which was so forgettable I can't remember a song off it..
It had its moments. When I first heard that this band had members of Pissing Razors in it I WAS SOLD!! I'm still confused on that part LOL!!! It did kind of get stale afterwards though.. Looking forward to this album to see if it's the same approach or if these guys mellowed it out.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hill (new band w/ Vinny Appice and Rex Brown)   Kill Devil Hill (new band w/ Vinny Appice and Rex Brown) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 10:00 pm

Just heard the track NO WAY OUT and it rocks headbanger 

http://www.metalinsider.net/new-music/exclusive-premiere-kill-devil-hill-no-way-out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kill Devil Hill (new band w/ Vinny Appice and Rex Brown)   Kill Devil Hill (new band w/ Vinny Appice and Rex Brown) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kill Devil Hill (new band w/ Vinny Appice and Rex Brown)
Page 1 of 1