Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Joseph Magazine

Go down 
+4
MetalGuy71
exact33
TheseGoTo11
Eyesore
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Joseph Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Joseph Magazine   Joseph Magazine Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 11:37 pm

Just ordered this one from Laser's Edge.

Ken Golden, owner of Laser's Edge, had this to say about it:

Quote :
WOW!! Here is an album of the year candidate. Joseph Magazine are a progressive metal band from Poland. Their stock in trade is epic symphonic metal with a touch of cyber metal thrown in. The sound is huge and very much synth driven but laced with crunch and blistering guitar solos. Primarily instrumental the album is sparsely populated with vocals and sound bites. The music has a comforting cinematic feel - you could easily envision this as a soundtrack. I'm reminded of bands like Gone, Riverside, and Dream Theater. I think its the band's objective to have their music remove you from reality and will put you into a prog metal dream state. MESMERIZING! BUY OR DIE!!!
Typically, when it comes to a music seller, you can't really believe their praise when they're trying to sell something. But in Golden's case, if you buy a lot from Laser's Edge, you'll see how honest he is. If he doesn't really dig something, he'll say so, even if he's trying to sell it.

It's weird, and maybe not the best way to run a business, but I like the honesty. And I really can't recall anything he's either released through his labels or praised being a letdown to my ears. So if he says buy or die, I buy.

Those clips above apparently have no vocals, so you can hear stuff with vocals here:

http://www.reverbnation.com/josephmagazine

Weird name, too. But I guess if Germans can get away with calling a band Guano Apes, then some Poles can call themselves Joseph Magazine.
Back to top Go down
TheseGoTo11
Metal novice
Metal novice
TheseGoTo11

Number of posts : 33

Joseph Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joseph Magazine   Joseph Magazine Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 3:21 am

Haha, bonus points for working in an obscure Guano Apes reference Razz

I don't listen to Symphonic/Prog/Power Metal (though I'll admit to watching HB vids for Johanna Joseph Magazine 61896) but I checked the clips out and these guys are definitely talented.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Joseph Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joseph Magazine   Joseph Magazine Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 4:02 am

I love Guano Apes. headbanger
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Joseph Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joseph Magazine   Joseph Magazine Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 8:29 am

nice! and Ken is right about Ken - very honest gu y (The LE Ken that is Very Happy The other one.. well..)

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Joseph Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joseph Magazine   Joseph Magazine Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 10:33 am

Stupid name. Maybe it sounds cooler in their native tongue. Music sounds pretty cool though. This description didn't exactly thrill me...

Quote :
Their stock in trade is epic symphonic metal with a touch of cyber metal thrown in. The sound is huge and very much synth driven

..but since the band Riverside was also referenced, I gave 'em a shot. Cool stuff if I'm in the right mood I think.

The King
exact33

Joseph Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joseph Magazine   Joseph Magazine Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 2:04 pm

I am diggin this more and more.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Joseph Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joseph Magazine   Joseph Magazine Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 2:08 pm

I can't wait to get it. I bought it, and the new albums by The Tangent and White Willow. Gonna be a prog week next week.

Have you heard Sun Caged? They've been around for a while, but I finally scored their debut a few days. It's excellent!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Joseph Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joseph Magazine   Joseph Magazine Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 2:10 pm

I am anxiously awaiting the new Haken. Those who got it at Progpower this year are raving about how good it is.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Joseph Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joseph Magazine   Joseph Magazine Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 3:11 pm

Yeah. Really looking forward to that one.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

Joseph Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joseph Magazine   Joseph Magazine Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 9:14 pm

I too just ordered this disc along with the latest Voyager disc from Ken/LE. I also picked up with it Kingcrow - Phlegethon because at $11.00, I could not find it cheaper.

I am also verymuch looking forward to the new Haken.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Joseph Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joseph Magazine   Joseph Magazine Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 9:37 pm

I want that Kingcrow, too. I've also been meaning to check out Voyager.

For those interested, new tunes from the other two album I bought, Comm by The Tangent and White Willow

Definitely waaaaay on the prog-rock side of thing, especially White Willow, but I love both bands.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Joseph Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joseph Magazine   Joseph Magazine Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 2:06 am

I got my copy last week but have not listened to it yet hopefully this weekend!

Wargod
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Joseph Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joseph Magazine   Joseph Magazine Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 7:16 pm

that The Tanget is excellent!

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Joseph Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joseph Magazine   Joseph Magazine Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 7:44 pm

exact33 wrote:
They're a great band. A lot like The Flower Kings, I guess. That kind of prog.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Joseph Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joseph Magazine   Joseph Magazine Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 7:52 pm

Eyesore wrote:
exact33 wrote:

i like this band alot more than Flower Kings. Looks like another LE order at some point...

exact33
The King
exact33

Joseph Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joseph Magazine   Joseph Magazine Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 8:17 am

Eyesore wrote:
exact33 wrote:

apparently they are sold out already...

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Joseph Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joseph Magazine   Joseph Magazine Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 1:31 pm

Lame. =(
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Joseph Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joseph Magazine   Joseph Magazine Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 7:55 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Lame. =(

Ill try to get it when the new haken is available or try though Greg @ Synphonic.

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Joseph Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joseph Magazine   Joseph Magazine Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 9:53 pm

Too many releases! Until I get a job (very soon methinks-fingers crossed) I'm going to have to wait. Sadly, even for the new Iced Earth. I do have the new Edguy comming to me and I already pre-ordered the new Redemtion several weeks ago.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Joseph Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joseph Magazine   Joseph Magazine Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 8:28 pm

Two full spins in, and this is blowing me away. I will say that these guys are a force to be reckoned with. Can say this will be in my top ten of 2011.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Joseph Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joseph Magazine   Joseph Magazine Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 9:19 pm

Yeah, it's a fantastic album.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Joseph Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joseph Magazine   Joseph Magazine Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 9:24 pm

I can honestly add the new Voyager to my top 10 of 2011 as well. And if the Kingcrow - Phlegethon disc was new this year, it too would have to be added. I hit the jackpot with my LE order this time.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Joseph Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joseph Magazine   Joseph Magazine Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 9:47 am

both are excellent. It will be soon time for a LE order headbanger

EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

Joseph Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joseph Magazine   Joseph Magazine Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 4:47 pm

I forgot how much I loved this kind of music. Sad
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Joseph Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joseph Magazine   Joseph Magazine Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 5:42 pm

new Haken and now Joseph Magazine. I am spoiled...

Sponsored content

Joseph Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Joseph Magazine   Joseph Magazine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Joseph Magazine
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next