Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Saviours

Go down 
+7
Thrasher73
Shawn Of Fire
chewie
DeathCult
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
Eyesore
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Saviours Empty
PostSubject: Saviours   Saviours Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 4:30 am

So I picked up the new Saviours disc today. Didn't even know they had one coming out. I can't keep up with music news these days.

Anyway, the new album is called Death's Procession, and it's another great one! If you've not heard these guys, check them out. They're kind of lumped in with that retro rock thing, especially being on Kemado Records. They do have a retro sound, but it mixes thrash, rock, and traditional metal. Even a little doom at times.

Such a great band.

headbanger
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Saviours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saviours   Saviours Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 8:17 am

These guys sound pretty good! I will have to add to my want list
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Saviours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saviours   Saviours Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 9:46 am

They'd fit perfectly on a bill with The Sword, Priestess and Early Man. I'll be adding these guys to the list, toot sweet! How many albums do they have? 2 you say?

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Saviours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saviours   Saviours Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 10:00 am

Pretty damn good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Saviours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saviours   Saviours Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 11:52 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
They'd fit perfectly on a bill with The Sword, Priestess and Early Man. I'll be adding these guys to the list, toot sweet! How many albums do they have? 2 you say?
On CD, they have three full-lengths and one EP. On vinyl, they have four EPs, one 12" and three 7". I missed out on the 7" EPs, which sucks. Only 500 were made. =(
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

Saviours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saviours   Saviours Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 12:06 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
On CD, they have three full-lengths and one EP. On vinyl, they have four EPs, one 12" and three 7". I missed out on the 7" EPs, which sucks. Only 500 were made. =(

Try Discogs:
http://www.discogs.com/artist/Saviours
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Saviours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saviours   Saviours Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 12:08 pm

I saw them open for Into Eternity & Iced Earth...kinda obnoxious on stage...but not bad.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Saviours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saviours   Saviours Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 10:24 am

Been spinning Into Abaddon quite a bit this week. The vocalist is the weak link here, but I'm getting used to it. Not quite as harsh as the dude from High on Fire and I like them just fine. I think I'll be investing in some more from these guys at some point.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Saviours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saviours   Saviours Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 3:30 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Been spinning Into Abaddon quite a bit this week. The vocalist is the weak link here, but I'm getting used to it. Not quite as harsh as the dude from High on Fire and I like them just fine. I think I'll be investing in some more from these guys at some point.
He takes some getting used to, yeah. When I picked up their debut EP, I thought I wasn't going to be able to handle it. And his vocals are harsher on that EP and their first full-length. But they grew on me.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Saviours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saviours   Saviours Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 3:45 pm

I dig em,of course I love all these retro sounding bands.His vocals arent an issue for me.He still sounds better than Lemmy.Haha
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Saviours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saviours   Saviours Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 4:05 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I saw them open for Into Eternity & Iced Earth...kinda obnoxious on stage...but not bad.

I saw them on this tour as well. I don't own any music by this band. But I didn't think they were bad live. I should probably check into picking up a cd by them.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

Saviours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saviours   Saviours Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 12:24 am

I bought Crucifire on a whim, and fell in love with it. This one is definitely on my want-list.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Saviours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saviours   Saviours Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 1:01 am

very good sound indeed!!!
Back to top Go down

Saviours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saviours   Saviours Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 10:25 pm

Not too shabby. I like the overall sound (especially the guitar harmonies), the singer doesn't bother me at all. The songwriting isn't all that memorable, but it's enjoyable enough while it's playing.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Saviours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saviours   Saviours Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 10:12 am

I still need to get their lastest, Death's Procession. Their other 2 have grown on me quite a bit. I still think the vocalist is the weak link here, but it works. From the sound clips I've heard, he's improved slightly from their earlier material.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Saviours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saviours   Saviours Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 3:35 pm

New Saviours album is coming! Weeeeeee!

Quote :
This Fall, California metallers, SAVIOURS, will drop the molten fruits of their new full-length this Fall via a new partnership with France’s Listenable Records. Titled Palace Of Vision, their first full-length in four years was captured at Type Foundry in Portland, Oregon with the inimitable Billy Anderson (Neurosis, Brothers Of The Sonic Cloth, Eyehategod, Taurus, Ommadon etc.) and boasts nine tracks of SAVIOURS’ signature brand of towering riffs, colossal rhythms, infectious guitar harmonies and an obsession with the end of times, the occult, psychedelics and the arcane. “It’s a natural and logical continuation of where we left off with (2011) Death’s Procession,” said drummer Scott Batiste of the offering. “There are some doomy crushers and faster ragers.” As an added bonus, the record comes sheathed in the fittingly dark, intricately transfixing cover renderings of Derrick Snodgrass (Obliterations, Lecherous Gaze).

In anticipation of its arrival, today Cvlt Nation offers up the first helping of Palace Of Vision in the form of opening bruiser, “Burning Shrine.” Comments Batiste, “‘Burning Shrine’ is about watching the world burn as it is ruined by religious zealots. Crank it up, live evil or die!”

Adds Cvlt Nation: “This motherf*cker is a straight raging jam! Fasten your seat belt, press play and let the mammoth riffs the band kicks out do the rest. Caution: SAVIOURS have been known to cause non-stop headbanging – you have been warned!”

Palace Of Vision Track Listing:

The Mountain
   Flesh Of Fire
   Devil’s Crown
   Palace Of Vision
   Burning Shrine
   Hell’s Floor
   The Beast Remains
   Cursed Night
   The Seeker

In related news, SAVIOURS will bring their riffs to the stage with a pair of east coast/west coast fest performances with additional live incursions to be announced in the coming weeks.

SAVIOURS:
9/05/2015 Cosmic Sonic Rendezvous Festival @ The Wick – Brooklyn, NY
11/1/3015 Day Of The Shred Festival @ The Observatory – Santa Ana, CA

Still building upon the foundation that Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Thin Lizzy and Motörhead laid, SAVIOURS enters their second decade in a new partnership with French label Listenable Records. Rooted in hardcore punk but preferring to cruise in outer space, the lysergic of SAVIOURS hessians have always brought a ton of swing and swagger to their forward-charging heavy metal. The band melds sounds from the New Wave Of British Heavy Metal, progressive rock, and proto-doom, and delivers it all with a snarling West Coast hardcore edge. The result is an absolute beast of a sound that is all SAVIOURS’ own.

Since the 2005 release of SAVIOURS‘ debut EP, Warship, the band has worked relentlessly, touring North America, Europe, and Japan with the likes of Mastodon, Corrosion Of Conformity, The Sword, High On Fire, Saint Vitus and Clutch. In a few short years, SAVIOURS have risen to become stalwarts of the world’s metal scene, ambassadors of an aggressive-yet-stoned West Coast vibe, inspired by the ‘70s but totally real and relevant in 2015.

SAVIOURS:
Austin Barber – guitar, vocals
Sonny Reinhardt – guitar, vocals
Scott Batiste – drums
Andy Anderson – bass

Palace Of Vision will be released via Listenable Records on October 30th, 2015. Preorders to be unveiled in the coming weeks.

“Cult heaviness…” – Spin

“A dual-guitar riff-fest inspired by NWOBHM and ‘70s proto-doom.” – Revolver

“You know you’re playing a good set when your music not only commands the attention of the likes of J Mascis and Matt Pike, but you’re sounding so tight that it compels the two guitar greats to air shred like a couple of Maiden fans circa 1980.” – Decibel

“Heavy metal heaven!” – Verbicide

Saviours SAVIOURSpalaceCover-1021x1024

headbanger
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Saviours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saviours   Saviours Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 3:59 pm

Wow.me likes. Me wants!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Saviours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saviours   Saviours Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2015 11:43 am

The above samples really blew me away; these guys have a killer groove that keeps propelling me forward. Call me a fan, although the latest clip isn't hooking me as much as the earlier ones.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Saviours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saviours   Saviours Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2015 11:50 pm

So much nice music released. It is impossible to catch up. But these guys are on the top of my want list now.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Saviours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saviours   Saviours Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 10:58 am

The new tune sounds decent enough. Still not completely sold on the vocals though. I'll have to revisit some of their older albums and see if I need to invest any further in these guys. My tolerance of harsh vocals is growing smaller and smaller by the day.

Saviours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saviours   Saviours Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Saviours
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: