Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album)

Go down 
+15
DallasBlack
Leatherface
Troublezone
arachnoplasma
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
Lari
Eyesore
exact33
mc666
thejokeriv
Rex
MetalGuy71
manny
Metal Misfit
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album) Empty
PostSubject: Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album)   Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 11:01 am

Thought this was interesting:

http://www.noisecreep.com/2011/09/13/judas-priest-set-to-release-the-chosen-few/

Quote :

Judas Priest is set to release a new compilation album titled 'The Chosen Few,' featuring hard rock and metal greats like Lars Ulrich, Ozzy Osbourne and Slipknot's Corey Taylor.

Each artist involved in the 17-track project was asked to pick their favorite Judas Priest song, record it and includes an intro about why or how they made that choice.

"This is a collection of songs chosen by our friends and respected peers," Priest frontman Rob Halford tells Rolling Stone. "So we hope all the metal maniacs out there will rock out to the tunes enjoyed by metal legends."

Judas Priest's farewell Epitaph world tour kicks off October 12 in San Antonio, Texas.

'The Chosen Few' tracklisting:

1) Diamonds And Rust (1977) - chosen by Joe Elliott (Def Leppard)
2) Dissident Aggressor (1977) - chosen by Steve Vai
3) Exciter (1978) - chosen by Accept
4) Beyond The Realms Of Death (1978) - chosen by Lars Ulrich (Metallica)
5) Delivering The Goods (1979) - chosen by Kerry King (Slayer)
6) The Green Manalishi (with the Two-Pronged Crown) (1979) - chosen by David Coverdale (Whitesnake) & Randy Blythe (Lamb of God)
7) The Ripper (1979) - chosen by Ozzy Osbourne
8 ) Victim Of Changes (1979) - chosen by James Hetfield (Metallica)
9) Breaking The Law (1980) - chosen by Lemmy (Motorhead)
10) Rapid Fire (1980) - chosen by Vinnie Paul (Pantera & Hellyeah!)
11) Grinder (1980) - chosen by Zakk Wylde (Black Label Society)
12) Living After Midnight (1980) - chosen by Alice Cooper & Geezer Butler (Black Sabbath)
13) Screaming For Vengeance (1982) - chosen by Slash (Guns N' Roses)
14) You've Got Another Thing Coming (1982) - chosen by Klaus Meine (Scorpions) & Corey Taylor (Slipknot)
15) The Sentinel (1984) - chosen by Chris Jericho
16) Turbo Lover (1986) - chosen by Jonathan Davis (\"thebandthatshallneverbementionedagain\")
17) Painkiller (1990) - chosen by Joe Satriani

Sounds pretty cool! Some great pairings here.

Last edited by Metal Misfit on Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album)   Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 11:16 am

That does sound very cool, and I will definitley check it out.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album)   Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 11:21 am

So these guys are actually playing the songs they chose, correct? I think I mis-read the original post I saw on Blabbermouth. I thought this was just another "Best of" comp of Priest tunes as chosen by other musicians.

I'm down for hearing Hetfield trying to tackle 'Victim of Changes' or Lemmy choking the life outta 'Breaking the Law'. Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album) 778825

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album)   Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 11:22 am

I don't think these other bands that are mentioned are actually going to play those JP songs....only that they are going to comment on them and it'll be in the liner notes or made into an intro for the songs or something.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album)   Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 11:24 am

Rex wrote:
I don't think these other bands that are mentioned are actually going to play those JP songs....only that they are going to comment on them and it'll be in the liner notes or made into an intro for the songs or something.

That's what I originally thought Rex, but this here states otherwise.

Quote :
Each artist involved in the 17-track project was asked to pick their favorite Judas Priest song, record it and includes an intro about why or how they made that choice.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album)   Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 11:52 am

Nice! I will need to pick this up!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album)   Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 12:34 pm

meh, i'll wait for the new studio album.

exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album)   Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 1:13 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Rex wrote:

That's what I originally thought Rex, but this here states otherwise.

Quote :

this is confusing. If its the latter I would be interested but if its just other artists picking their nos.. favorite songs then Ill pass..

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album)   Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 1:21 pm

Yeah, it'd be cool if these people were actually recording covers of these tunes, but I think they're probably just recording why they chose them. Which makes this thing lame as hell. Haha.

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album)   Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 1:29 pm

I don't think it's a cover album, dudes. The wording is just misleading. It's another compilation, just with intros recorded by heavy metal celebrities.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album)   Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 1:45 pm

Yeah, on JP's website, it doesn't say anything about the other artists recording their versions of these songs, nor does it mention it in the Rolling Stone article that broke the news.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album)   Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 2:01 pm

Sooooo, it's just another 'Best of Judas Priest' compilation, more or less. And I'm supposed to purchase this because Jonathan Davis liked 'Turbo Lover'? Alrighty then. Rolling Eyes

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album)   Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 2:19 pm

OK I am passing on it, I thought they were doing their own versions of the songs.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album)   Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 2:20 pm

manny wrote:
OK I am passing on it, I thought they were doing their own versions of the songs.

X2
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album)   Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 3:27 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Sooooo, it's just another 'Best of Judas Priest' compilation, more or less. And I'm supposed to purchase this because Jonathan Davis liked 'Turbo Lover'? Alrighty then. Rolling Eyes

He would like that song. Razz

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album)   Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 4:07 pm

ultmetal wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

He would like that song. Razz

No wonder he got picked on in high school. All those JP songs to pick from and he goes with 'Turbo Lover'.

Good grief!
Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album) Monkey

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album)   Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 4:15 pm

Yay! Another useless compilation album I can ignore!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album)   Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 7:51 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Yay! Another useless compilation album I can ignore!!

it will be on SACD in a few months...

arachnoplasma
Metal student
Metal student
arachnoplasma

Number of posts : 244

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album)   Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 10:19 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I'm down for hearing Hetfield trying to tackle 'Victim of Changes' or Lemmy choking the life outta 'Breaking the Law'. Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album) 778825

Well, if it's any consolation, there's always this... Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album) 604261

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album)   Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 10:44 pm

To hear Joe Satriani play a song like Painkiller would've been very interesting. Laughing
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album)   Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 9:41 am

arachnoplasma wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Well, if it's any consolation, there's always this... Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album) 604261

Yikes. Sorry I asked. Razz

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18952

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album)   Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 10:41 am

I'll pass, I think. I love Priest, but I've already got all this. No reason to double dip.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album)   Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 10:44 am

Pointless compilation, especially for those of us with a full JP discography.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album)   Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 1:03 pm

This doesn't even sound remotely interesting. I am a HUGE Priest fan and almost all of them are gonna suck.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album)   Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 7:33 pm

Now THIS is a great Priest tribute album(s).

I also have this but it ain't nearly as good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album)   Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Judas Priest - The Chosen Few (another compilation album)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next