Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sigh-In Somniphobia

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

Sigh-In Somniphobia Empty
PostSubject: Sigh-In Somniphobia   Sigh-In Somniphobia Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 4:23 pm

Quote :
Japan's Sigh has announced the band new album will be titled "In Somniphobia," and the band has now checked in with the following update about the album:

"In Somniphobia is a sonic nightmare that lasts for more than an hour. The musical direction is pretty much far from that of the last two albums, 'Scenes from Hell' and 'Hangman's Hymn.' It is not easy to describe its direction, but probably one can say that it is something between 'Imaginary Sonicscape,' 'Hail Horror Hail,' and 'Gallows Gallery,' or rather, simply a nightmarish version of 'Imaginary Sonicscape.' Put heavy metal, classical music, jazz, Indian traditional music, Stockhausen, and Xenakis into a cauldron of hell and stir it, you'll get 'In Somniphobia.'

"The first two songs are VERY heavy metal, but from the third track, it begins. Five songs are woven together, which part is named 'Lucid Nightmares.' It is a pure sonic description of nightmares. This is surrealistic, ethnic, druggy, atmospheric and definitely scary! Lots of vintage gems are being used such as Minimoog, Prophet-5, Clavinet D-6, Roland RE-201 Space Echo etc. along with some ethnic instruments like Indian Sarangi, Sitar, Tampura, and Tabla. Kam Lee (ex-Massacre, Bone Gnawer etc.) and Metatron (The Meads of Asphodel) cooperated with the lyrics and the vocals for 'Lucid Nightmares.'

"Listen with Headphones is strictly recommended. Smoke before you try this. Bad trip guaranteed!"

Cant wait,I dont expect Imaginary Sonicscapes part 2 but if its anything like it than it wont disappoint.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Sigh-In Somniphobia   Sigh-In Somniphobia Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 8:14 pm

they always seem to come up with something interesting.

nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Sigh-In Somniphobia   Sigh-In Somniphobia Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 4:30 pm

I liked Imaginary Sonicscapes a lot. If this new album is like IS I'll be checking it out.
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

PostSubject: Re: Sigh-In Somniphobia   Sigh-In Somniphobia Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 4:49 pm

nevermore wrote:
I liked Imaginary Sonicscapes a lot. If this new album is like IS I'll be checking it out.
I dont think its possible for someone to really hate Imaginary Sonicscapes. That album was a masterpiece.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Sigh-In Somniphobia   Sigh-In Somniphobia Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 7:30 pm

metalhead777 wrote:
nevermore wrote:
I dont think its possible for someone to really hate Imaginary Sonicscapes. That album was a masterpiece.
i wouldn't go that far, but it was decent.

metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

PostSubject: Re: Sigh-In Somniphobia   Sigh-In Somniphobia Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 7:49 pm

mc666 wrote:
metalhead777 wrote:
nevermore wrote:
i wouldn't go that far, but it was decent.
its at least better than their other albums as a whole. It had the most songs I could get into and (unlike their more black metal releases) has quite a few good melodic,groovy hooks in the songs.

But,everyone has an opinion.
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

PostSubject: Re: Sigh-In Somniphobia   Sigh-In Somniphobia Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 3:30 pm

The album art just got released!
Sigh-In Somniphobia Sigh-In-Somniphobia
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sigh-In Somniphobia   Sigh-In Somniphobia Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sigh-In Somniphobia
Page 1 of 1