Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lord of the Rings Marathon

Go down 
+12
martinsane
Fat Freddy
Sutekh
Addy
Metallic Blaze
bassman
DallasBlack
exact33
James B.
GrandNational
mc666
scottmitchell74
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Lord of the Rings Marathon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings Marathon   Lord of the Rings Marathon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 9:47 pm

exact33 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
exact33 wrote:
you can do Jaws 1 and 2. The others are not worth viewing...

And you can eat seafood with it! Very Happy

uhhh.. I would be scared of the seaford eating me!!

Lord of the Rings Marathon - Page 2 Funny-dog-pictures-nommed-jaws
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3169

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings Marathon   Lord of the Rings Marathon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 4:33 pm

Watched the animated version of the movie - great - 2 hours -
dark rich colors - great voices - originally done in 1978 or so ?
They redid it over - better definition.
So I'm watching the movies for the first time -
a pal gave me all the dvds - 3 years later - the time is right !
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings Marathon   Lord of the Rings Marathon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2016 4:37 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:

Hobbit food is basically English food from the 1800's. Lots of bread, butter and preserves. We also had bacon, mushrooms, onions, Ale, coffee, tarts, cake, fish & chips, mince pork pies, bacon and eggs.

That is NOT English food from the 1800!!

That is English food now, we call it breakfast lol!
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings Marathon   Lord of the Rings Marathon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2021 6:35 pm

So anyone excited about the Amazon series due to release next September? I just read an article where it says it's going to start off thousands of years before the actual LOTR series begins. So basically we're going to get The Silmarillion stuff, or at least some of it. I was hoping for this, but didn't expect it. Thought they would maybe do flashback scenes like the movies did from time to time, but if what I read is true, we might not meet Bilbo and Frodo for a couple seasons. Definitely need to revisit The Silmarillion again soon.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings Marathon   Lord of the Rings Marathon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2021 4:18 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
So anyone excited about the Amazon series due to release next September? I just read an article where it says it's going to start off thousands of years before the actual LOTR series begins. So basically we're going to get The Silmarillion stuff, or at least some of it. I was hoping for this, but didn't expect it. Thought they would maybe do flashback scenes like the movies did from time to time, but if what I read is true, we might not meet Bilbo and Frodo for a couple seasons. Definitely need to revisit The Silmarillion again soon.

I am excited for the new series. I really enjoyed the Silmarillion and am interested to see how they approach it. I am also interested in 'The Wheel of Time' series amazon is getting ready to release.

Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings Marathon   Lord of the Rings Marathon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2021 11:32 pm

exact33 wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

I am excited for the new series. I really enjoyed the Silmarillion and am interested to see how they approach it. I am also interested in 'The Wheel of Time' series amazon is getting ready to release.

I read the Wheel of Time series, and liked it okay, but thought it was way too long. If memory serves, the first two books were really similar to the LOTR books. I could be thinking of another series I read during that time, but I'm pretty sure it was that one. Either way, I had no idea they were making a show out of it. I will definitely be watching it when it comes out.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12614

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings Marathon   Lord of the Rings Marathon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2021 12:28 pm

Sounds promising

I'd like to see something done from the Fritz Leiber books with the Fafhrd & Gray Houser charachters or the original "Ringworld" story by Larry Niven. Favorites from my youth.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings Marathon   Lord of the Rings Marathon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2021 4:19 pm

James B. wrote:
Sounds promising

I'd like to see something done from the Fritz Leiber books with the Fafhrd & Gray Houser ocharachters or the original "Ringworld" story by Larry Niven. Favorites from my youth.

Ringworld would be cool. I did see they are making a series based off of the Foundation books by Isaac Asimov. Not sure which streaming platform it's going to be on though. Speaking of Larry Niven, I always wished they do a movie from his book Footfall. That's one of my favorite alien invasion books/stories.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings Marathon   Lord of the Rings Marathon - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lord of the Rings Marathon
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2