Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need recommendation

Go down 
+3
Jesusandmetal23
Stender
bgast1
7 posters
AuthorMessage
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

Need recommendation Empty
PostSubject: Need recommendation   Need recommendation Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 10:18 pm

I got a iTunes gift card $15.00. I need a recommendation. I was thinking possibly of Symphony X - Iconoclast but not sure. I don't know how good the album is. After that a few individual tunes with the balance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need recommendation   Need recommendation Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 10:25 pm

Find an album that has "itunes exclusive bonus tracks", something not available if you buy the physical CD.

Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Need recommendation   Need recommendation Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 11:08 pm

Cynic's "focus" album.
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: Need recommendation   Need recommendation Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 11:17 pm

Stender wrote:
Cynic's "focus" album.

x Infinity
Back to top Go down
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

PostSubject: Re: Need recommendation   Need recommendation Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 11:29 pm

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Need recommendation   Need recommendation Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 11:52 pm

your welcome.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Need recommendation   Need recommendation Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 12:48 am

grab Satan's Host - By the Hands Of The Devil. best album this year.

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Need recommendation   Need recommendation Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 7:28 am

S.D. wrote:
Find an album that has "itunes exclusive bonus tracks", something not available if you buy the physical CD.

Very good idea. I know Alice Cooper has some iTunes exlusives.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Need recommendation   Need recommendation Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 8:08 am

mc666 wrote:
Whilst I wouldn't go that far, it is rather good. Definitely worth checking out.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Need recommendation   Need recommendation Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 10:25 am

Smindas wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Whilst I wouldn't go that far, it is rather good. Definitely worth checking out.

I would go that far. I agree with mc666. This album kicks ass! More people need to check this out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need recommendation   Need recommendation Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 12:39 pm

When the last Mastodon album came out, the iTunes version contained the entire album in instrumental form, 2 albums for the price of one is a good thing.

Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Need recommendation   Need recommendation Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 2:39 pm

Joe wrote:
Smindas wrote:
mc666 wrote:

I would go that far. I agree with mc666. This album kicks ass! More people need to check this out.
As I said, it's a good album - it's strong through and through (I especially like the quirky 'Norwegian Wood' cover). But in a year when Devin Townsend put out Deconstruction and Hell finally released Human Remains, it's hard to compete for the metal album of the year spot ;P

Also, going back on topic, I wouldn't necessarily use the voucher to buy an album. Just pick up the individual iTunes bonus tracks to albums you already own and what not. It would be immeasurably useful if there was some kind of list of iTunes exclusive tracks, actually.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Need recommendation   Need recommendation Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 3:50 pm

Or, disregarding everything I said, there's an iTunes exclusive studio session EP with Slash. Sees him and his Myles Kennedy front band do a couple of the solo tracks, some Velvet Revolver, a little bit of Guns and a rather stonking cover of 'Communication Breakdown'. It was only £4 on the UK iTunes, so I imagine you'd have a fair bit left over on your gift card too.

PostSubject: Re: Need recommendation   Need recommendation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need recommendation
Page 1 of 1