Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trouble manic Frustration

Go down 
+10
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
Sutekh
SpectreFate
Cognitive Dissonance
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
Witchfinder
fingers
14 posters
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

Trouble manic Frustration Empty
PostSubject: Trouble manic Frustration   Trouble manic Frustration Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 6:31 am

Everyone seems to bag out this album I read a review in a March 1992 Guitar World the reviwer labelled it hippie kissing music. Cmon it may have lyrics that sound like theyve been written while they have been high on acid and pot but it has some killer riffs and still sounds like Trouble not some lovy dovy 60s rock band.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Trouble manic Frustration   Trouble manic Frustration Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 9:33 am

I love this album. That Guitar World review is nonsense and Manic Frustration sounds like prime Trouble to me.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Trouble manic Frustration   Trouble manic Frustration Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 10:00 am

I prefer the S/T album that preceded MANIC, but MF is still good stuff. Pretty much all Trouble is good Trouble in my book.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Trouble manic Frustration   Trouble manic Frustration Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 10:06 am

I only have the Skull and Psalm 9. Both are terrific. I've never seen any other Trouble cds in my journeys.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Trouble manic Frustration   Trouble manic Frustration Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 11:02 am

Manic Frustration is a great album. It just needs to be remixed/remastered.
(the treble is way too high in the mix)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trouble manic Frustration   Trouble manic Frustration Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 12:28 pm

I needs a complete remix, remastering won't fix Rubin's "ham-handed" production techniques.

It's a great album. Sure it's got some nods to the past, but so does Run To The Light and just about every other album they recorded.

Until someone purchases the masters I doubt it will be reissued by anyone.
Back to top Go down
Cognitive Dissonance
Metal student
Metal student
Cognitive Dissonance

Number of posts : 124

PostSubject: Re: Trouble manic Frustration   Trouble manic Frustration Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 1:08 pm

It took me years to realize how good Manic Frustration really was. It's very underated, not quite as good as TROUBLE s/t, but way better than Plastic Green Head. "Simple Mind Condition" is rather ordinary,maybe It'll grow on me too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trouble manic Frustration   Trouble manic Frustration Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 1:15 pm

I love Plastic Green Head, that one tends to be a "grower" as well.

Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Trouble manic Frustration   Trouble manic Frustration Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 1:20 pm

The S/T used to be my favorite album of all time. Anymore, I have a hard time making it through it. Manic Frustration and PGH never get played by me. However, Psalm 9 and The Skull never get old.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Trouble manic Frustration   Trouble manic Frustration Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 7:51 am

Big fan of Manic Depression here. Great riffs, great solos (love the one in Memory's Garden... just awesome), but it does take a little while to grow on you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trouble manic Frustration   Trouble manic Frustration Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 12:24 pm

Sutekh wrote:
Big fan of Manic Depression here.

FREUDIAN SLIP! Razz
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Trouble manic Frustration   Trouble manic Frustration Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 1:21 am

Shawn D. wrote:
Sutekh wrote:
Big fan of Manic Depression here.

FREUDIAN SLIP! Razz

Hehe -read that back just after posting, and went "oh, well". Maybe I should have gone "Oh God my life sucks!" instead Razz
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Trouble manic Frustration   Trouble manic Frustration Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 10:00 am

I've always enjoyed this album, but then again it was my first exposure to the band.

I recognized the name, so I bought the album at a used shop without hearing a single note. After the purchase, I read some luke-warm reviews, but I still found it to be a decent listen. I guess when you compare it to their older material, it might be too different, but I don't mind.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Trouble manic Frustration   Trouble manic Frustration Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 10:22 am

Great album, but I agree with Shawn - too much of the "rick rubin sound" on this one!
Back to top Go down
metallicleora
Metal student
Metal student
metallicleora

Number of posts : 142

PostSubject: Re: Trouble manic Frustration   Trouble manic Frustration Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 8:07 pm

I've been neglecting my Trouble CDs lately. But I think the one I play the least is their newest! All the others just sound like Trouble to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trouble manic Frustration   Trouble manic Frustration Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 8:14 pm

well, the last album could have been called "Simplistic Lazy Songwriting Condition".

the new album should be called "Kory Clarke is a no-talent hack".

Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Trouble manic Frustration   Trouble manic Frustration Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 8:31 pm

Great album, but the mix is terrible.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: Trouble manic Frustration   Trouble manic Frustration Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 11:11 am

I think it's a really good album. Not the greatest overall mix though. But I have to admit the S/T album is still my favorite.
Back to top Go down
labrekk
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 64

PostSubject: Re: Trouble manic Frustration   Trouble manic Frustration Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 1:16 pm

Shawn D. wrote:
well, the last album could have been called "Simplistic Lazy Songwriting Condition".

the new album should be called "Kory Clarke is a no-talent hack".

I think that Simple Mind Condition had some very good songs on it.

I agree with you, Kory Clarke is really ruining this great band. I can't believe the guys in the band don't hear that he sucks bad....I have no hopes for the new CD because of him...

About Manic Frustration, it's one of my fave Trouble discs (along with the 90s s/t). But yes, the mixing is not the best. Got to give it more bass and less treble...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trouble manic Frustration   Trouble manic Frustration Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trouble manic Frustration
Page 1 of 1