Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Psychostick

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

Psychostick Empty
PostSubject: Psychostick   Psychostick Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 9:04 pm

Psychostick are a "comedy" metal band...although critics disagree about the comedy part. Their kind of humor is dumb and their approach to music is just as dumb. Still, there's something appealing about the drunken frat-boy vibe they pull off in classic songs such as "Beer", "I Can Only Count To Four" (which is a parody of Drowning Pool's "Bodies"), "Do You Want A Taco?", and "This Is Not A Song, It's A Sandwich". A few weeks ago I got dragged to one of their concerts in Albuquerque, and it was eight bucks well spent (although I don't think I'd have wanted to spend any more than that).

Scattered across their two studio albums, "We Couldn't Think Of A Title" and "Sandwich" are a bunch of dumb heavy metal songs about mundane topics such as laundry or showering. Still, there are moments of brilliance among the stupidity, wish satirical tunes such as "#1 Radio Single" and "Fake My Own Death And Go Platinum" being standouts.

Psychostick is not for everybody. You may be turned off by their affinity for juvenile humor or their strange approach to their own music, but if you like music that doesn't have to be very good to still be entertaining, I'd give them a listen.

Their biggest hit, "Beer"

"Girl Directions", which features some funky slap-bass

"Do You Want A Taco?", probably the best no-budget music video of all time
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

Psychostick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psychostick   Psychostick Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 9:07 pm

I'v loved there work. Music isnt too bad and I don't think there's a non-funny song on sandwich.

But there will be those "This is immature!" people and I say screw em.
Back to top Go down

Psychostick
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: