Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Weightlifting music

Go down 
+12
metallicleora
metalinmyveins
adrian
Mglaffas81
mc666
powermacho
DallasBlack
Required Fields
troublemagnet
tohostudios
GrandNational
Stender
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Weightlifting music Empty
PostSubject: Weightlifting music   Weightlifting music Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 4:51 pm

I know both scotts lift and maybe a few others. What music do you bring when you workout at the gym or at home?
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Weightlifting music   Weightlifting music Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 4:53 pm

I listen to Cro mags quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Weightlifting music   Weightlifting music Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 5:05 pm

You lift weights? Or do the weights lift you? Razz
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Weightlifting music   Weightlifting music Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 5:06 pm

When I used to go to the gym, I'd take the most aggressive music I had. Ministry's Psalm 69 and Rage Against The Machine's S/T were frequent players.

The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Weightlifting music   Weightlifting music Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 5:24 pm

GrandNational wrote:
You lift weights? Or do the weights lift you? Razz

I just started, yeah they lift me..ha.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Weightlifting music   Weightlifting music Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 5:29 pm

Stay with it Stender. I wish I had started when I was your age. I didn't get into it until my early 30s. I had to back way off as I got older because joints just don't move as well as they used to.

Metal Conspiracist

Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: Weightlifting music   Weightlifting music Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 6:18 pm

Immortal or Slayer
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Weightlifting music   Weightlifting music Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 6:28 pm

Thrash metal is good music to work out to in general.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Weightlifting music   Weightlifting music Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 6:50 pm

If I can ever get myelf to lift weights again (too damn tired after work to do it), I usually stick with thrash or death metal.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Weightlifting music   Weightlifting music Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 6:52 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
If I can ever get myelf to lift weights again (too damn tired after work to do it), I usually stick with thrash or death metal.

You're still young yet DB. Just wait, it gets worse. I can't believe I used to go to the gym after work, battling rush hour traffic to get there.

These days I only lift on days I don't work. And even then, I do it in my basement. I bought several sets of dumbells that allow me to do most of what I did at the gym. I haven't seen a gym in 6+ years.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Weightlifting music   Weightlifting music Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 7:04 pm

I USED TO LISTEN TO THRASH, since Being distracted helped me not to get bored, and i didn't get tired that fast. I which I could still go to gym, but I'm busy learning the bass guitar.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Weightlifting music   Weightlifting music Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 7:17 pm

i like to have something fast & aggressive. i try to put on something that has no intros/outros, ballads, etc. as those tend to throw me off.

Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Weightlifting music   Weightlifting music Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 7:23 pm

Judas Priest is my most frequent work-out band, especially British Steel, Screaming for Vengeance and Demolition headbanger
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Weightlifting music   Weightlifting music Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 8:14 pm

I find Hirax's New of Terror album to be one of my very favorites for lifting weights. Also I'd throw in Kreator, Judas Priest, and the last few Exciter albums as regulars I use for weight lifting. Oh and Sadus.

However when I workout with my punching bag and speed bag I find the number one album is Fabulous Disaster.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Weightlifting music   Weightlifting music Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 8:53 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Stay with it Stender. I wish I had started when I was your age. I didn't get into it until my early 30s. I had to back way off as I got older because joints just don't move as well as they used to.

Yeah, im not demanding immediate results or anything. Im just not so sure Im meeting the Diet requirements to make the gains that im I want. Im finding it to be hard because the protein I get is mostly just from synthetic stuff like shakes, or nuts, and the occasional white meat etc. Im trying to cut out as much dairy and foods with animal products. I guess I would fall in the hardgainer group also, My metabolism has always been hella fast, I graduated highschool at 120 ish and now I weigh around 145.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Weightlifting music   Weightlifting music Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 8:58 pm

Believe it or not, I listen to nothing when I lift downstairs (in what I call the Rocky basement), nor do I listen to anything when I run (which is usually around 5 miles a day/four days a week). I probably should when I lift, but I'm to scared to listen to something when I'm running. I run outside, so I like to have my bearings on what is going on around me. Last fall, I was almost run down by a pit bull. That scared the piss out of me.
Back to top Go down
metallicleora
Metal student
Metal student
metallicleora

Number of posts : 142

PostSubject: Re: Weightlifting music   Weightlifting music Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 6:41 am

I agree on thrash for working out, usually I go for Overkill because I'm too lazy to go through and find the perfect album. Sorry dude for snickering at the pit bull story Wink
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Weightlifting music   Weightlifting music Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 11:38 am

I listen to a lot of thrash metal when I do cardio. I also find Sevendust to be great when working out. Not sure why, but it really gets me going.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Weightlifting music   Weightlifting music Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 12:39 pm

Brutal death metal is great for weight-lifting. Big, dumb, and strong music that is felt more than heard.

The Cure is the worst weightlifting music of all-time I think.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Weightlifting music   Weightlifting music Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 1:34 pm

Back when I was lifting on a regular basis I would listen to alot of Thrash and Hardcore music.Stuff like Pantera is good to work out to.I remember listening to alot of Living Sacrifice as well,especially Conceived in Fire and The Hammering Process.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Weightlifting music   Weightlifting music Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 4:19 pm

Cardio is pretty much anything fast and loud. Usually thrash. I don't like to lift with music because I tend to lose focus (and count) too easily. Plus the headphones were always getting in the way which I found irritating.

I look at my workouts as two separate levels. The lifting is all business - grind it out and get it done. The cardio is my music time.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Weightlifting music   Weightlifting music Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 7:28 pm

tohostudios wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

You're still young yet DB. Just wait, it gets worse. I can't believe I used to go to the gym after work, battling rush hour traffic to get there.

THANKS FOR THE WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT Very Happy .

FOR ME I WORK 10-11 HOUR DAYS FOR 7-9 HOURS OF PAY (8-9 IF I WORK MY BUTT OFF, WHICH COULD BE CONSIDERED A KIND OF WORKOUT). SO WHEN I HAVE TIME OFF, ALL I WANT TO DO IS SIT ON MY A$$ AND MOVE AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE. HOWEVER, I ONLY PLAN ON KEEPING THIS CRAP UP FOR ANOTHER YEAR WHEN I CAN GET MY ASE CERTIFICATION AND GET AN AUTOMOTIVE JOB WITH LESS CRAP TO DEAL WITH (I.E. NON COMMISSION AUTO JOB-OR HALF GUARANTEE AND HALF COMMISSION-WHERE I DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT GREEDY TEAM LEADERS WHO LIKE TO KEEP THE BEST WORK FOR HIMSELF, SLOW DAYS, OR CUSTOMERS WHO DON'T WANT TO BUY ANYTHING).
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Weightlifting music   Weightlifting music Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 7:54 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

THANKS FOR THE WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT Very Happy .

FOR ME I WORK 10-11 HOUR DAYS FOR 7-9 HOURS OF PAY (8-9 IF I WORK MY BUTT OFF, WHICH COULD BE CONSIDERED A KIND OF WORKOUT). SO WHEN I HAVE TIME OFF, ALL I WANT TO DO IS SIT ON MY A$$ AND MOVE AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE. HOWEVER, I ONLY PLAN ON KEEPING THIS CRAP UP FOR ANOTHER YEAR WHEN I CAN GET MY ASE CERTIFICATION AND GET AN AUTOMOTIVE JOB WITH LESS CRAP TO DEAL WITH (I.E. NON COMMISSION AUTO JOB-OR HALF GUARANTEE AND HALF COMMISSION-WHERE I DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT GREEDY TEAM LEADERS WHO LIKE TO KEEP THE BEST WORK FOR HIMSELF, SLOW DAYS, OR CUSTOMERS WHO DON'T WANT TO BUY ANYTHING).

It really helps if you can buy your own weights and do your lifting at home. Sure you don't get the range of motion that you do at a proper gym but I've found you're much more likely to stick with it if you don't have to leave your own place to do your lifting. Dumbells are relatively cheap and you can buy a decent weight bench that will incline, flat and decline for a hundred bucks or so.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Weightlifting music   Weightlifting music Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 9:18 pm

I actually have a reclinable bench and some free weights, I'm just too lazy to utilize them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weightlifting music   Weightlifting music Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weightlifting music
Page 1 of 1