Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Worst live performance?

Go down 
+12
bassman
snooloui
Ben Grimm
ultmetal
exact33
krokus
Smindas
Fat Freddy
powermacho
A Handful of Wayne
DeathCult
holydiver97595
16 posters
AuthorMessage
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

Worst live performance? Empty
PostSubject: Worst live performance?   Worst live performance? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 8:44 pm

I've always known that Dragonforce is pretty bad live, but this one is worse than usual. At 0:45, you'll know what I mean lame
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Worst live performance?   Worst live performance? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 9:07 pm

Venom is the worst live band I've ever seen.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Worst live performance?   Worst live performance? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 9:20 pm

What happens at 00:45? he lost his breath?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Worst live performance?   Worst live performance? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 10:13 pm

that is why dragonforce mixes playback on their concerts, When I saw them, they played live, but most of the times they used pre-recorded parts like fast drum beats, singing, lead guitars and even the keyboards. that's why they jump and run all the time, because they know they don't play live most of the time.

I guess this time at the tv appearance they could not use the fillers, and that shows on this video.
Back to top Go down
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

PostSubject: Re: Worst live performance?   Worst live performance? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 10:16 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:

The guitarist trips xD

And how are they bad, Deathcult? I've never seen 'em, so I wouldn't know Razz

Also, powermacho, I've heard that they do better than this, usually.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37640

PostSubject: Re: Worst live performance?   Worst live performance? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 10:24 pm

Worst I've ever seen was The Cult. Ian Astbury was drunk as a skunk and kept tripping over himself, blowing lyrics, etc. Love that band's records, but I wouldn't pay to see'em live again even if they were in my backyard.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Worst live performance?   Worst live performance? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 5:41 am

I've seen Dragonforce live a couple of times and they're never usually that bad. They're hardly the tightest of bands or anything, but they're quite fun.

Saw The Cult for the first time last year and was massively disappointed. Like Freddy said, Ian seemed to be off his face for the entire set, constantly forgetting words and never being able to hold a note for more than a second. Will be seeing them at a festival next week, I'm hoping it'll be less of a mess.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Worst live performance?   Worst live performance? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 6:40 am

AVENGER (UK) this year with only one original member. The rest were smurf poo modern looking faggs, very very bad. No metal attitude at all.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Worst live performance?   Worst live performance? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 8:14 am

or the tape had a dead spot...

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Worst live performance?   Worst live performance? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 8:28 am

Smindas wrote:
Saw The Cult for the first time last year and was massively disappointed. Like Freddy said, Ian seemed to be off his face for the entire set, constantly forgetting words and never being able to hold a note for more than a second. Will be seeing them at a festival next week, I'm hoping it'll be less of a mess.

Damn, so nothing's changed since I saw them in 1989 huh?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Worst live performance?   Worst live performance? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 10:15 am

I assumed you were talking about a recent gig. Crumbs, that's pretty appalling. Duffy was still on top form, though.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Worst live performance?   Worst live performance? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 10:22 am

Smindas wrote:
I assumed you were talking about a recent gig. Crumbs, that's pretty appalling.

To be fair, I saw them opening for Metallica ("Justice" tour) and it was near the end of their run w/them. As I understand it, they'd been getting hazed pretty mercilessly by the Metallica audience for the entire tour and by the time they reached my area, they'd pretty much given up trying.

Still, I was bummed cuz even though I may have been in the minority, I was there to see BOTH bands.

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Worst live performance?   Worst live performance? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 10:59 am

Worst show I've ever seen? King's X opening for Dio. I am a King's X fanatic, but Dug Pinnick was not in his right mind and they sucked. The show ended after three songs with Dug throwing his bass down on the stage, kikcing the microphone stage over and walking off stage. Terrible show. I was hugely disappointed, especially since I am such a big fan of them.

Second worst, Dokken. I've seen them several times live, but about 3 of those times, they were terrible. Don couldn't sing at all and you would swear someone stapled his feet to the stage, because he didn't move. The background vocals were better than the lead vocals.

I can't remember the name of the band, but Ulitmatum had a show booked one time and the club we played at booked an opening band. These guys had probably been together for less than two weeks. They were terrible. They were stopping in the middle of songs...just plain bad! Then the guitarist says he's gonna play the Star Spangled Banner and he's flubbing through it and only gets about half of it played and says, "that's all I know." How ridiculous! I was embarrassed for them and was irritated that the Ultimatum banner was hanging up behind them.

Last edited by ultmetal on Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Worst live performance?   Worst live performance? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 11:09 am

ultmetal wrote:

I can't remember the name of the band, but Ulitmatum had a how booked one time and the club we played at booked an opening band. These guys had probably been together for less than two weeks. They were terrible. They were stopping in the middle of songs...just plain bad! Then the guitarist says he's gonna play the Star Spangled Banner and he's flubbing through it and only gets about half of it played and says, "that's all I know." How ridiculous! I was embarrassed for them and was irritated that the Ultimatum banner was hanging up behind them.

Laughing very hard If we're talking local bands, I've seen more than my share of those opening for national/signed acts. The last time I saw Savatage in 1996, the club booked a local hardcore band (!) called Murder One as the opening act. Needless to say, their music did not get much love from the Savatage audience, who were boo'ing, chanting Savatage's name, etc. The Murder One singer was being a typical snotty, punk-rock d*ckhead the whole time, baiting the audience, calling'em "morons," etc., till finally I guess he got tired of us so he dropped his pants onstage and waved his, errrr, wiener at the crowd. The bouncers quickly grabbed him and hustled him off stage and that was the end of Murder One's set. There was much rejoicing. I then turned to my then-girlfriend (now my wife) and said to her "I'm sorry you had to see that." Laughing very hard

I also saw a band called "Barrage" years ago when I was in college (I can't remember who they opened for now) who were just a rinky-dink local cover band, but they had flyers all over the club trumpeting the fact that this was the premiere gig of their "AMAZING new lineup." When they came on the singer screwed up lyrics to just about every song they played... and I'm not talking obscure stuff either, but things that everybody knows, like KISS' "Love Gun," Metallica's "Enter Sandman" (how the hell can you NOT know the lyrics to that one??), etc....they got hammered pretty mercilessly by the crowd too. If that was their "amazing new" lineup I would've hated to see their old one.

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Worst live performance?   Worst live performance? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 12:44 pm

I am not even in a band and I would think you should know your material before playing live - unless your Dragonforce or Milli Vanilli...

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Worst live performance?   Worst live performance? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 12:47 pm

exact33 wrote:
I am not even in a band and I would think you should know your material before playing live - unless your Dragonforce or Milli Vanilli...

Milli Vanilli knew "their" material. Their undoing was a faulty backing tape.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Worst live performance?   Worst live performance? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 4:09 pm

0.50 was better when Sam tripped over and fell on his ass,
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Worst live performance?   Worst live performance? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 4:18 pm

I saw Dragonforce live in a smaller club and they were fine live honestly one of the better shows I have seen.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: Worst live performance?   Worst live performance? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 5:06 pm

I don't see how that is a particularly bad performance.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Worst live performance?   Worst live performance? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 7:00 pm

I would have to say the worst big name group I have seen live was P.O.D. on Mainstage at Cornerstone a few years ago. Horrible performance, Sonny kept dropping lyrics, his pants were falling down, band wasn't tight at all.

Much different than the first time I saw them in the early 90's, that show rocked!
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

PostSubject: Re: Worst live performance?   Worst live performance? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 11:13 pm

I can say honestly that Van Halen on their 1984 tour was the worst performance by a big band I ever saw. I was so disappointed because the previous time I caught them (Fair Warning tour 1981) they were killer.
Eddie and Dave were so wasted that a lot of times Eddie would just lean against the amps and make noise instead of playing the songs; and Dave would often not sing the songs at all and start scat singing through the tunes. Too bad because Alex and Michael were solid.

I also caught the Cult when they were opening for Metallica and will agree that I was very underwhelmed. And I too loved the Cult at that time.
Back to top Go down
rawr!
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 372

PostSubject: Re: Worst live performance?   Worst live performance? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 2:55 am

the worst band i ever saw live was portal. the guitar distortion was the worst distortion ive ever heard come out of an amp, the bass sounded like it was using a shitty clip on mic except on the fretboard instead of down the body some. the drumming was, while not nearly as bad as the other instruments, somewhat sparse and shoddy. the entire venue was filled with fog from the fog machine, making sight almost impossible, and the performance was carried out in complete darkness save camera flashes while the band members wore ridiculous all black costumes (covering even their faces) with the vocalist sporting a sequined black pope hat. im sorry but i expect more from my metal.
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Worst live performance?   Worst live performance? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 1:51 pm

more than likely on the inhuman rampage tour. the band even said themselves that the tour was a disaster.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Worst live performance?   Worst live performance? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 10:40 pm

I probably just haven't been to enough live performances, but I have yet to witness a bad show.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst live performance?   Worst live performance? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worst live performance?
Page 1 of 1