Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bands by Country

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Bands by Country - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bands by Country   Bands by Country - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 2:38 pm

The UNITED STATES is next. Picking a band to represent America among the 17,000 or so bands listed might seem like a hard task, but if there is anyone band that should have deserved a bigger break and recognition if the members had not given into drugs, and if they had better backing by the record companies or a manager that could have made them shine, it would be Pentagram. Of all the bands I like, they are the biggest what if band I know. As a testament to Bobby's determination, they are still alive and kicking today with Victor Griffin and their 2011 album proves they still have what it takes to doom on. If you are a metal fan and there are no Pentagram albums in your collection, remedy it as soon as possible:

Last edited by GrandNational on Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Bands by Country   Bands by Country - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 2:31 pm

The South American country of URUGUAY is next. After Sabbath and Pentagram, everything else is a bit anti-climactic, but the end is coming soon.

This is band called Graf Spee and they released one album in 1989 with thrash/death leanings:

Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Bands by Country   Bands by Country - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 7:16 pm

The Central Asian country of UZBEKISTAN is next. They have next to nothing when it comes to bands except a few. This band is called Zindan and the music to me sounds a bit like really bad SOAD reject tunes with some modern crap thrown in even though they are labeled as a progressive death metal band:

Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Bands by Country   Bands by Country - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 2:07 pm

The South American country of VENEZUELA is next. They have a decent amount of bands, and like their brother countries, like their metal mostly in the heavier and faster styles. This is a thrash band called Natastor, and they have been around 20 years, but with a spotty recording history:

Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Bands by Country   Bands by Country - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 2:03 pm

Last but not least, we have VIETNAM, the final country on the list. Vietnam does not have any type of metal scene, but they do have a few bands worth looking into. This band called Black Infinity uses some of its folk instruments in its music, and I would say the vocals are really the weakest link:

Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Bands by Country   Bands by Country - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 2:12 pm

OK guys, now that this is over as far as countries go, I would love to know what you all thought about the concept of this thread.

I can't believe I've been posting on it nearly everyday since late May, 128 countries total. Let me know if you were following it, didn't care for it, thought it was a stupid idea, or if any of the bands posted made you check out a band and even purchased their music.

I had no idea from day to day what bands I would encounter on my search. So it was was a good way to expose myself and you to new music and hopefully have you guys enjoy some of the most obscure ones.

Also, please feel free now to post any videos you'd like or would have recommended for certain countries. I would love for this thread to continue with cool and obscure bands and videos from all over the world in places that may not have a big metal presence. Metal is worldwide, and we wouldn't want it any other way.

Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Bands by Country   Bands by Country - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 2:22 pm

as you know, i've been following the thread & have enjoyed it. one of the bands it opened me up to was Arsames. you don't really think of Iran when you think of death metal. i downloaded their Immortal Identity album from Amazon & enjoyed it quite a bit. i've always found that some of the most brutal music comes from the more oppressive or impoverished nations. it makes for authentic anger & aggression.

GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Bands by Country   Bands by Country - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 2:29 pm

Thanks MC. Did you also check out Nervecell? Their Preaching Venom album is something I think you'd dig if you weren't already familiar with them.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Bands by Country   Bands by Country - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 2:31 pm

i've been into Nervecell since their first ep. i think they are supposed to be opening some shows in the UAE for Metallica, which is good exposure for them.

chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Bands by Country   Bands by Country - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 11:12 pm

Good grief!!!!! Good thing I missed this post. lol!
GrandNational wrote:
it was was a good way to expose myself

But seriously, I did check out Arcturus and ended up liking their last two albums. I'll probably roll through it again to see what I might have missed (hopefully not that post above). Very informative.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Bands by Country   Bands by Country - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 11:47 pm

chewie wrote:
Good grief!!!!! Good thing I missed this post. lol!
GrandNational wrote:
it was was a good way to expose myself

But seriously, I did check out Arcturus and ended up liking their last two albums. I'll probably roll through it again to see what I might have missed (hopefully not that post above). Very informative.

Cool, thanks Chewie. And you can't just take out a portion of a sentence out of context without including the rest of the words. What are you, a theologian? Razz
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Bands by Country   Bands by Country - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 2:38 am

Not quite metal, but Afghanistan was not represented for obvious reasons, but this just came out today and maybe things are changing. There's even AC/DC at the end:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bands by Country   Bands by Country - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bands by Country
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: