Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Poodles

Go down 
+2
chewie
Metal Misfit
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

The Poodles Empty
PostSubject: The Poodles   The Poodles Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 10:28 pm

Great melodic rock/metal band from Sweden. I got into them thanks to their DVD release from last year. They seem like pretty cool down to Earth guys and the lead singer has a Vince Neil image going. I picked up the new album ('Performocracy') and love it! Who else likes these guys and has heard the new album? How do you feel about their other releases?
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

The Poodles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Poodles   The Poodles Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 12:29 am

I've got the first one and it's pretty cool. I haven't listened to it in a while though.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

The Poodles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Poodles   The Poodles Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 5:45 am

I like the earlier stuff better than Performocracy. They used to have more of a sleazy vibe; now they're just basic melodic hard rock.

I think this song from "Sweet Trade" is the best thing they've done:

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

The Poodles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Poodles   The Poodles Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 12:39 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I like the earlier stuff better than Performocracy. They used to have more of a sleazy vibe; now they're just basic melodic hard rock.

I think this song from "Sweet Trade" is the best thing they've done:

Sweet Trade is their best album imho. It is really catchy and consistent album they have released.

snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

The Poodles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Poodles   The Poodles Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 2:46 pm

Their song Band of Brothers is just awesome, some of their others are good too though.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

The Poodles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Poodles   The Poodles Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 3:34 pm

With a name like The Poodles, I'm afraid this band would fall into that dreaded category of bands-with-names-so-lame-that-I-wouldn't-even-give-them-a-chance-no-matter-how-good-the-music-might-be. However since Mr. Toho was kind enough to post a sample, I gave them a listen.

Still not my cuppa tea.

The Poodles Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Poodles   The Poodles Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Poodles
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: