Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Matt Sorum / Cherie Currie

Go down 
+2
Wargod
Addy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Matt Sorum / Cherie Currie Empty
PostSubject: Matt Sorum / Cherie Currie   Matt Sorum / Cherie Currie Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 8:56 pm

Anyone see the episode of That Metal Show with Sorum and Cherie? I so want this album when it comes out
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Matt Sorum / Cherie Currie   Matt Sorum / Cherie Currie Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 10:23 am

Yes I watched it last week but Cherie was overshadowed by Matt, Eddie and the 2 other goof balls so she really didn't get to say much. But I am excited for her release to come out and I believe it is coming out midsummer.

Wargod52
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Matt Sorum / Cherie Currie   Matt Sorum / Cherie Currie Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 11:01 am

I wish they would've let her show-off her chainsaw skills. And give a little taste of what the album will be like. I'm thinking this album may be a release day purchase for me. A rarity these days.

I wonder why That Metal Show doesn't let the guess perform a song or two? There is certainly a lot they could cut out to allow time for it.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Matt Sorum / Cherie Currie   Matt Sorum / Cherie Currie Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 11:09 am

I just watched it this morning, looking forward to hearing it, and yes those dipsh!ts should have let Cherie talk more, I would love to have heard more from her, about the new album, more thoughts on the movie The Runaways, what she has been doing for the last thirty years and about the other girls (now women) in the band, damn it I should have my own show!!!
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Matt Sorum / Cherie Currie   Matt Sorum / Cherie Currie Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 12:45 pm

manny wrote:
I just watched it this morning, looking forward to hearing it, and yes those dipsh!ts should have let Cherie talk more, I would love to have heard more from her, about the new album, more thoughts on the movie The Runaways, what she has been doing for the last thirty years and about the other girls (now women) in the band, damn it I should have my own show!!!

The problem with that episode was, for the FIRST time, they decided for some unknown reason that it would be a wise choice to cram in four guests. I could've done without Jim Norton. It's even strange to see Joey Belladonna on the same stage with Matt Sorum and Cherie. They literally have nothing in common. Sometimes you see fun/friendly banter among those from different musical spectrums, but in this case it didn't work.

For instance, I remember when Jeff and Frank of Tesla were on last season w/Chuck Billy of Testament. What do they have in common? Not much music wise, but both of these bands are from Sacramento, so their paths have crossed there. I understand that they probably film multiple shows on a given day, due to the fact that these guys are all from New York City, but I think they need to do a better job of coordinating their guests for each segment.

Also, the editing for that show is so sub par. It's embarrassing....You can literally see the cut and paste job, especially when they are leading in and out of stuff like "Stump the Trunk", "Pick of the Week", and "Where are they Now" segment. Can you imagine if this show were live? With all of that being said, I like the show, but I feel they could improve on it...
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Matt Sorum / Cherie Currie   Matt Sorum / Cherie Currie Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 12:49 pm

I watched The Runaways movie and it was way too subjective, not to mention boring.

I believe that this is Matt Sorum's "tax right off" project. You know like what movie star's do... finance it for the sake of taking a loss financially. Sure he'll have some fun doing it, but......

my .02 worth

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Matt Sorum / Cherie Currie   Matt Sorum / Cherie Currie Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 1:21 pm

I agree IMO Cherie Is a Icon and she wasnt treated as such. I am excited to hear her new album though and since Matt Sorum is heavily involved in it I can understand him being a guest as well. Personally I think the show could do without Eddie Trunk he seems to just like to drop names for the sake of it. Replace him with a true metalhead hehe Im excited about the album because I know she's a big fan of David Bowie and would love to hear that part of her influence come out that and cuz Slash, and Duff are on it as well as Smashing Pumpkin's Billy Corgan
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Matt Sorum / Cherie Currie   Matt Sorum / Cherie Currie Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Matt Sorum / Cherie Currie
Page 1 of 1