Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

No NES for the wicked (8-bit retro thrash for the NES geeks)

Go down 
+4
Metalhunter
chewie
kmorg
stormspell
8 posters
AuthorMessage
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

No NES for the wicked (8-bit retro thrash for the NES geeks) Empty
PostSubject: No NES for the wicked (8-bit retro thrash for the NES geeks)   No NES for the wicked (8-bit retro thrash for the NES geeks) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 5:10 pm

No NES for the wicked (8-bit retro thrash for the NES geeks) 3261751136-1

Tom Martin said: "For no reason at all, we started making 8-bit, NES-style adaptations of some of our songs. This collection brings 9 of these blippy thrash metal anthems together, including 2 never before heard songs from the much-awaited fourth album: "Combat Mosh" and "Wage Slave." Why would you want to buy an album of thrash metal songs adapted to sound like it's coming out of an antique video game system? I dunno but what the hell, it's awesome!"

A micro-pressing limited to 300 hand-numbered cds coming out soon on Stormspell Records, specially priced at $6.99 plus shipping.

Sample video:

Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: No NES for the wicked (8-bit retro thrash for the NES geeks)   No NES for the wicked (8-bit retro thrash for the NES geeks) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 12:21 pm

Fun gimmick...

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: No NES for the wicked (8-bit retro thrash for the NES geeks)   No NES for the wicked (8-bit retro thrash for the NES geeks) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 12:48 pm

I think I might get this, It is a fun gimmick!
Back to top Go down
Metalhunter
Metal novice
Metal novice
Metalhunter

Number of posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: No NES for the wicked (8-bit retro thrash for the NES geeks)   No NES for the wicked (8-bit retro thrash for the NES geeks) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 1:47 pm

chewie wrote:
I think I might get this, It is a fun gimmick!

Please Iordan add me too...real funny thing cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.metal-treasures.com
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: No NES for the wicked (8-bit retro thrash for the NES geeks)   No NES for the wicked (8-bit retro thrash for the NES geeks) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 3:10 pm

I'd buy it if it was actually an NES game
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: No NES for the wicked (8-bit retro thrash for the NES geeks)   No NES for the wicked (8-bit retro thrash for the NES geeks) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 4:49 pm

EvyMetal wrote:

That would be too cool!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: No NES for the wicked (8-bit retro thrash for the NES geeks)   No NES for the wicked (8-bit retro thrash for the NES geeks) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 5:25 pm

EvyMetal wrote:

How about a 5.25" Floppy disk for Commodore C=64
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: No NES for the wicked (8-bit retro thrash for the NES geeks)   No NES for the wicked (8-bit retro thrash for the NES geeks) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 9:39 pm

EvyMetal wrote:
+1
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: No NES for the wicked (8-bit retro thrash for the NES geeks)   No NES for the wicked (8-bit retro thrash for the NES geeks) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 7:59 pm

adrian wrote:
EvyMetal wrote:
+1

Me too especially since I recently got the FC Twin. Plays old NES and SNES games and plays the old NES games much better than the origional system (unfortunatly doesn't accomadate the Game Genie very well which doesn't bode well for cheaters like me Very Happy ).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

PostSubject: Re: No NES for the wicked (8-bit retro thrash for the NES geeks)   No NES for the wicked (8-bit retro thrash for the NES geeks) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 8:05 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
adrian wrote:
EvyMetal wrote:
+1

Me too especially since I recently got the FC Twin. Plays old NES and SNES games and plays the old NES games much better than the origional system (unfortunatly doesn't accomadate the Game Genie very well which doesn't bode well for cheaters like me Very Happy ).
Nice! I had the Yobo FC (not twin) for almost a year, but about a month ago the connector broke when I was trying to pull out my Zelda 2 cartridge (gripped that one too tight!) I was able to gorilla glue it back together so it still can play though.

I just replaced it with the Retron NES system and it seems to work just as well without the connector being too tight.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: No NES for the wicked (8-bit retro thrash for the NES geeks)   No NES for the wicked (8-bit retro thrash for the NES geeks) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 6:45 pm

Well, I dont think we can hire a programmer to code a game from scratch and being able to walk from that without huge financial loss, unless any of you know an enthusiastic programmer willing to do it for the fame and glory - then please let me know.

The other thought which crossed my mind is to clone some obsolete old platform game with our mascot and music and then rep 20-30 cartridges for the sheer fun of it. Although I still need to find someone capable to do it and this is not on the agenda at the moment...

Any other creative and applicable ideas would be appreciated
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

PostSubject: Re: No NES for the wicked (8-bit retro thrash for the NES geeks)   No NES for the wicked (8-bit retro thrash for the NES geeks) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 7:57 pm

stormspell wrote:
The other thought which crossed my mind is to clone some obsolete old platform game with our mascot and music and then rep 20-30 cartridges for the sheer fun of it. Although I still need to find someone capable to do it and this is not on the agenda at the moment...

Any other creative and applicable ideas would be appreciated
I can't make any guarantees that I'm good enough to tackle something like this, but I am going to look into it. I did some mods a few years ago and might still know a little

Edit: I can definitely edit graphics for a NES game, it's music that'll be the trick. I'll keep looking into it as well as the best available option regarding getting games flashed to an actual cartridge
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: No NES for the wicked (8-bit retro thrash for the NES geeks)   No NES for the wicked (8-bit retro thrash for the NES geeks) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 8:51 pm

There are services which re-product homebrews/ROMs on NES carts. However, the real challenge is to find a developer with 6502 assembly knowledge...
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: No NES for the wicked (8-bit retro thrash for the NES geeks)   No NES for the wicked (8-bit retro thrash for the NES geeks) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 4:41 pm

That song rules.

Makes me want to play Mega Man or Castlevania.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No NES for the wicked (8-bit retro thrash for the NES geeks)   No NES for the wicked (8-bit retro thrash for the NES geeks) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No NES for the wicked (8-bit retro thrash for the NES geeks)
Page 1 of 1