Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Toxxic Toyz

Go down 
+2
nevermore
chilejay7
6 posters
AuthorMessage
chilejay7
Metal novice
Metal novice
chilejay7

Number of posts : 94

Toxxic Toyz Empty
PostSubject: Toxxic Toyz   Toxxic Toyz Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 3:15 pm

Anyone know anything about this band or listen to them? Opinions? I've been thinking about checking this out, but I hadn't ever heard of them before seeing their new album for sale at the distro. The songs they have up on their myspace page sound interesting.

Toxxic Toyz Toxxic_toyz
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Toxxic Toyz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toxxic Toyz   Toxxic Toyz Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 3:27 pm

I haven't heard them. But their singer David McBee used to live about 30 - 40 minutes from me. I've been meaning to pick up the new cd.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Toxxic Toyz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toxxic Toyz   Toxxic Toyz Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 3:47 pm

Never heard of them, but that album cover looks vaugely familiar. Almost like a tribute to some classic album or something that I can't put my finger on.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Toxxic Toyz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toxxic Toyz   Toxxic Toyz Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 3:59 pm

What style do they play? The album cover looks like it would be a power metal or thrash record, but the name looks like it would be a sleaze/glam band with the intentional misspellings.

Quote :
that album cover looks vaugely familiar

I thought the same thing, then I noticed that Wargod48 is currently using it as his avatar 'round here. So that's obviously where I've seen it before.

*EDIT* Apparently they're French and have two albums out... found'em on CDBaby... melodic power metal kinda stuff... decent but nothin' I'd kill to own

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/toxxictoyz/from/indiesweb

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Toxxic Toyz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toxxic Toyz   Toxxic Toyz Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 4:23 pm

Quote :
I thought the same thing, then I noticed that Wargod48 is currently using it as his avatar 'round here. So that's obviously where I've seen it before.

That's probably where I saw it too. Thought it was familair. Very Happy

Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

Toxxic Toyz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toxxic Toyz   Toxxic Toyz Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 5:55 pm

I own it. It is not bad, but just has not had as many spins as I thought it would.

The band is very talented, the songs are there, and it is nicely recorded/produced, but for whatever reason I do not play it that much. If anything, they have a bit of a mid-eighties hard rock/metal sound akin to Steeler and that ilk. Perhaps it is not a fall/winter album but a spring/summer blaster?
Back to top Go down
chilejay7
Metal novice
Metal novice
chilejay7

Number of posts : 94

Toxxic Toyz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toxxic Toyz   Toxxic Toyz Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 6:29 pm

metalken wrote:
I own it. It is not bad, but just has not had as many spins as I thought it would.

The band is very talented, the songs are there, and it is nicely recorded/produced, but for whatever reason I do not play it that much. If anything, they have a bit of a mid-eighties hard rock/metal sound akin to Steeler and that ilk. Perhaps it is not a fall/winter album but a spring/summer blaster?

Interesting take on the album. This is pretty much how I felt listening to the samples. It seems like an album that I would enjoy, but I'm just not sure how much play time it would actually get after the first couple of spins. I should probably just focus on albums that will get repeated listens seeing as how I have enough already sitting around that get limited playing time and just take up space.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Toxxic Toyz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toxxic Toyz   Toxxic Toyz Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 6:49 pm

I've had this since it first came out. It's power metal while it's nothing new it isn't to bad. The band is out of France.

I the cover as my avatar, I've had it there for months.

Wargod52
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Toxxic Toyz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toxxic Toyz   Toxxic Toyz Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Toxxic Toyz
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: