Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Downloads, yes or no?

Go down 
+13
T-Roy
kmorg
Hamer12
TrogDawn
scottmitchell74
SAHB Healer
SideShowDisaSter
ultmetal
Wargod
Smindas
krokus
mc666
sovdat
17 posters

Downloads ...
I haven't downloaded a single song in my life
Downloads, yes or no? Vote_lcap13%Downloads, yes or no? Vote_rcap
 13% [ 4 ]
I always download before I buy
Downloads, yes or no? Vote_lcap6%Downloads, yes or no? Vote_rcap
 6% [ 2 ]
I check a song or two before buying
Downloads, yes or no? Vote_lcap32%Downloads, yes or no? Vote_rcap
 32% [ 10 ]
I just download, never buy (don't have money)
Downloads, yes or no? Vote_lcap6%Downloads, yes or no? Vote_rcap
 6% [ 2 ]
I just download, never buy (don't want to pay if I can get it for free)
Downloads, yes or no? Vote_lcap3%Downloads, yes or no? Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Other
Downloads, yes or no? Vote_lcap39%Downloads, yes or no? Vote_rcap
 39% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 31

AuthorMessage
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

Downloads, yes or no? Empty
PostSubject: Downloads, yes or no?   Downloads, yes or no? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 12:09 am

I was wondering what's your opinion about illegal mp3s ... for instance, I do download a lot, but I'm always after the originals (if I find album worthy of it by any meaning), and I must say that I wouldn't have a bunch of them if it wasn't for the mp3s. I still buy a lot of things I haven't heard before yet, too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Downloads, yes or no?   Downloads, yes or no? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 1:08 am

I always check out a few songs either by download or something like MySpace, and sometimes I download complete albums, as with Roadrunner releases while I wait for the reissues. But downloads are temporary. I need hardcopies.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Downloads, yes or no?   Downloads, yes or no? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 4:13 am

i selected other. i download when the album i want cannot be found. i also download when i cannot wait for the release date to hear the album.

i always buy the original when/if it becomes available. i'm one of those nerds who likes to have the actual plastic in my hands.

if i don't like the album, or once i buy it, i delete it from my hard drive.

krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Downloads, yes or no?   Downloads, yes or no? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 6:31 am

Of course MY SPACE is great because you can listen to some songs before buying a album but i never downloaded any MP3(no songs, no albums) and i dont think you guys are going to believe me but i even dont know how to do it. I think the right thing to do is to buy a album if you like it, thats a man thing to do because if we dont buy who will???? and we all want new albums to come out, no??? Come on guys and girls, BUY OR DIE!!!!
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Downloads, yes or no?   Downloads, yes or no? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 7:43 am

I generally download tracks to either check out a band or an album and then will usually pick up the hard copy as soon as possible. I rarely download full albums because in some ways, it gives me little to look forward to when buying the actual CD.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Downloads, yes or no?   Downloads, yes or no? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 9:52 am

I do DL and I buy the originals but there are some albums/cds that are not available on cd at least not yet so I grab them!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Downloads, yes or no?   Downloads, yes or no? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 9:55 am

I've downloaded a handful of songs in my day. Mostly it's pre-release
songs or odd songs by band's whose albums I already have. I prefer to
have an original copy.

PostSubject: Re: Downloads, yes or no?   Downloads, yes or no? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 12:23 pm

I also have a large collection of old demos that I never owned back in the day; hard to find tapes and such. Those things I have no issues downloading.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Downloads, yes or no?   Downloads, yes or no? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 12:43 pm

I usually download a track or two before I buy. I tend to try and find a MySpace page to check first. If there isn't one, I'll see if I can find an mp3 online somewhere.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Downloads, yes or no?   Downloads, yes or no? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 8:55 pm

I had a sister-in-law who was really into downloading; so I had her aquiant me with it. She thought it was great, but It wasn't gonna meet my needs as a collector in any way, so I forgot how to do it.
Usually the sites I buy music at have opportunities to sample the songs. If that wern't so, I would see the value of downloads to check out the music.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Downloads, yes or no?   Downloads, yes or no? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 9:12 pm

There are a few individual songs on otherwise poor CDs that I really like so I buy them for .99 or whatever and I will download band sponsored allowable ones to get a taste.....but besides the few rogue songs that are attached to blah albums I'm like most here where I want the hard copy with art and lyrics in my hands!

Quote :

That's how I do it....if I sell a CD I erase my copies...
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Downloads, yes or no?   Downloads, yes or no? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 2:12 am

I voted other because I pay for most of my downloads through paysites, and those are usually for bands that are on my 'B' list or things that I can't seem to track down/assorted rarities.

I usually end up buying most of what I download, providing it has gotten under my skin sufficiently, but for stuff I'm on the fence about, I will usually hang on to the download/burn and live with it for awhile to see if I really get into it or not.

I use free download sites mainly for finding rarities that are either no longer available or impossible to find.

But I also buy a shi'ite-load of music as well though.

I just dig music any way I can get it, holmes. Downloads, yes or no? 309780
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following

PostSubject: Re: Downloads, yes or no?   Downloads, yes or no? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 11:00 am

Other
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Downloads, yes or no?   Downloads, yes or no? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 3:24 pm

Hardcopies only. I'm so computer illiterate I can bearly turn the thing on & find this forum!!!!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Downloads, yes or no?   Downloads, yes or no? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 3:51 pm

mc666 wrote:
i selected other. i download when the album i want cannot be found. i also download when i cannot wait for the release date to hear the album.

i always buy the original when/if it becomes available. i'm one of those nerds who likes to have the actual plastic in my hands.

sounds like me! I also download odds and sodds. Unreleased stuff, old demos etc.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Downloads, yes or no?   Downloads, yes or no? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 4:00 pm

I'm a digital dude now days. Love my Ipod! I have NO hard copies, i buy
all my stuff from Itunes and if they don't have it, mp3sugar.com (dirt
cheap) based out of Moscow. They have an awesome collection of really
off the wall Euro metal that I've never even heard of or seen. Also
some great Christian old school metal that I like.

So, Other had to be my selection since that wasn't on there...LOL. but I never download stuff for nothing.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Downloads, yes or no?   Downloads, yes or no? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 4:02 pm

Hamer12 wrote:
Hardcopies only. I'm so computer illiterate I can bearly turn the thing on & find this forum!!!!

LMAO!
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: Downloads, yes or no?   Downloads, yes or no? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 6:06 pm

Hamer12 wrote:

Exactly. It would be nice to have an avatar though, wouldn't it? But... scratch

p.s.-I doubt I would download much if I knew how anyway.
Back to top Go down
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

PostSubject: Re: Downloads, yes or no?   Downloads, yes or no? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 8:49 pm

Voted, other.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Downloads, yes or no?   Downloads, yes or no? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 9:28 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
Hamer12 wrote:
Hardcopies only. I'm so computer
illiterate I can bearly turn the thing on & find this
forum!!!!

Exactly. It would be nice to have an avatar though, wouldn't it? But... scratch

p.s.-I doubt I would download much if I knew how anyway.

Pick a CD cover and I'll make it your avatar.

ult
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: Downloads, yes or no?   Downloads, yes or no? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 11:42 pm

That's awful nice of you Ult. Obviously I'd prefer an Alex Harvey, but I'm not sure how easy to find they are. Otherwise the next best thing would be "Sweet-Give Us A Wink" album cover. Thanks!

I'm going to try and fill in my profile on here too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Downloads, yes or no?   Downloads, yes or no? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 12:11 am

I used to buy albums off Itunes Mad when I realised that I should just buy the actual cd. Now I'm rebuying all the albums I bought of Itunes.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Downloads, yes or no?   Downloads, yes or no? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 6:00 am

i gotta say if i want to check out a bands sound i might check out a song or two to see if i like the general sound - it is what i dub "Core Check" to make sure it aint core
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Downloads, yes or no?   Downloads, yes or no? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 7:35 am

Mostly demos, rarities ect.

However, when I'm trying to find something and I absolutley CANNOT find it, I will download an album or two. (What is up with Wal Mart not carrying ANY Ted Nugent? GAH!)

Sometimes I download albums I own on vinyl so I can put them on my iPod, ect.
Back to top Go down
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Downloads, yes or no?   Downloads, yes or no? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 8:02 am

Other. I only download if there is an album, what I really want to hear, but I can't find it anywhere.
Back to top Go down

Downloads, yes or no?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: