Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Motörhead - The World Is Yours, who has it and what's your opinion?

Go down 
+13
krokus
manny
BillRoxx
Troublezone
DallasBlack
nevermore
A Handful of Wayne
Wargod
Lurideath
mc666
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
17 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Motörhead - The World Is Yours, who has it and what's your opinion? Empty
PostSubject: Motörhead - The World Is Yours, who has it and what's your opinion?   Motörhead - The World Is Yours, who has it and what's your opinion? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 8:48 am

FInally snagged a copy of the latest Motörhead this weekend. Would have liked to have had the special edition with the Classic Rock Magazine, but instead grabbed the 2011 U.S. release with the bonus DVD. Been jammin' it for the last couple days. The album has a very familiar sound, from the song titles to some of the riffs. A song like "Brotherhood Of Man" is musically and lyrically similar to the classic "Orgasmatron". Likewise, "I Know What You Need" reprises “Nothing Up My Sleeve.” However, it still kicks a$$. Motörhead play kick ass rock n roll and are still unmatched by anyone.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Motörhead - The World Is Yours, who has it and what's your opinion?   Motörhead - The World Is Yours, who has it and what's your opinion? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 8:59 am

I listened to the bulk of the album on YouTube a couple of days ago...sounds sweet. I want to get a copy but can't find the damn thing anywhere!! Motörhead - The World Is Yours, who has it and what's your opinion? 69126

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Motörhead - The World Is Yours, who has it and what's your opinion?   Motörhead - The World Is Yours, who has it and what's your opinion? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 9:00 am

Picked up my copy at Best Buy. A friend snagged his copy at Hastings. It's distributed by EMI, so it should be pretty easy to find.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Motörhead - The World Is Yours, who has it and what's your opinion?   Motörhead - The World Is Yours, who has it and what's your opinion? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 9:01 am

ultmetal wrote:
Picked up my copy at Best Buy. A friend snagged his copy at Hastings. It's distributed by EMI, so it should be pretty easy to find.

I tried Best Buy about a week ago. They didn't have it, in fact they didn't have ANY Motorhead discs. I sez to the guy "This band has 200 albums out and you don't even have ONE? Not even a lousy best-of? You should be ashamed!" Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Motörhead - The World Is Yours, who has it and what's your opinion?   Motörhead - The World Is Yours, who has it and what's your opinion? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 9:37 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

I tried Best Buy about a week ago. They didn't have it, in fact they didn't have ANY Motorhead discs. I sez to the guy "This band has 200 albums out and you don't even have ONE? Not even a lousy best-of? You should be ashamed!" Very Happy

LOL! Give 'em hell! Evil Seed

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Motörhead - The World Is Yours, who has it and what's your opinion?   Motörhead - The World Is Yours, who has it and what's your opinion? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 9:47 am

LOL @ Keith!!!!

I have it and I like it - good album!!! I don't think it is as good as Motorizer, but still a good album!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Motörhead - The World Is Yours, who has it and what's your opinion?   Motörhead - The World Is Yours, who has it and what's your opinion? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 9:59 am

ultmetal wrote:
grabbed the 2011 U.S. release with the bonus DVD.
that's the one i have. it's good of course... it's Motorhead.

Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Motörhead - The World Is Yours, who has it and what's your opinion?   Motörhead - The World Is Yours, who has it and what's your opinion? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 11:12 am

It's classic Motorhead. They all sound similar, but what do you expect? I love it!
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Motörhead - The World Is Yours, who has it and what's your opinion?   Motörhead - The World Is Yours, who has it and what's your opinion? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 11:21 am

It's a solid Motorhead release they usually put out solid cds all the time. Now go get Lemmy the movie that is awesome!

Wargod51
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Motörhead - The World Is Yours, who has it and what's your opinion?   Motörhead - The World Is Yours, who has it and what's your opinion? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 12:20 pm

Man, on the list.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Motörhead - The World Is Yours, who has it and what's your opinion?   Motörhead - The World Is Yours, who has it and what's your opinion? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 1:22 pm

I picked mine up from their website. Came with a T shirt, CD/DVD, and autographed vinyl by the whole band (which I was really shocked to see, I thought it was suppose to just be Lemmy). Like everyone said its Motorhead so you know what your getting. A good album.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Motörhead - The World Is Yours, who has it and what's your opinion?   Motörhead - The World Is Yours, who has it and what's your opinion? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 2:01 pm

It's definitely Motorhead and that's a great thing!! Good album!! And I finally got to see them last Saturday night!! Motörhead - The World Is Yours, who has it and what's your opinion? 11840
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Motörhead - The World Is Yours, who has it and what's your opinion?   Motörhead - The World Is Yours, who has it and what's your opinion? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 10:55 pm

I have it and like it. As a matter of fact I feel it is a step above Motorizer to be sure. I got the CD/DVD bundle with the t-shirt. However, like most of the music DVDs I own I don't know when, if ever, I will watch it.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Motörhead - The World Is Yours, who has it and what's your opinion?   Motörhead - The World Is Yours, who has it and what's your opinion? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 12:17 am

I got mine at Best Buy with the bonus dvd.

Motorhead is like Ac/Dc... they never stray too far from what the fans expect. I agree with DB about it being better than Motorizer. (didn't like that one much)

I still think Inferno is their best album with the current lineup.
Back to top Go down
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

PostSubject: Re: Motörhead - The World Is Yours, who has it and what's your opinion?   Motörhead - The World Is Yours, who has it and what's your opinion? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 12:42 am

I also got the version with DVD! Loving it! I think this and Motorizer are both solid releases!
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Motörhead - The World Is Yours, who has it and what's your opinion?   Motörhead - The World Is Yours, who has it and what's your opinion? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 1:53 am

Troublezone wrote:

Inferno is awesome, but Sacrifice is my personal favorite. i dare say that this is the best Motorhead line up.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Motörhead - The World Is Yours, who has it and what's your opinion?   Motörhead - The World Is Yours, who has it and what's your opinion? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 5:04 am

mc666 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Inferno is awesome, but Sacrifice is my personal favorite. i dare say that this is the best Motorhead line up.

Lemmy stole the show in the original version of the band, but now he found two guys that are right up there in the talent dept.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Motörhead - The World Is Yours, who has it and what's your opinion?   Motörhead - The World Is Yours, who has it and what's your opinion? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 12:41 pm

mc666 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I was thinking the same thing about this line up, Phil Campbell is absolute monster on guitar and his solos IMO are more memorable then Fast Eddie Clarke.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Motörhead - The World Is Yours, who has it and what's your opinion?   Motörhead - The World Is Yours, who has it and what's your opinion? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 3:49 pm

I bought the cd back in december with t-shirt. Not a bad album but not a killer. INFERNO for exemple is better or BASTARD.
Back to top Go down
FlyingV
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
FlyingV

Number of posts : 270

PostSubject: Re: Motörhead - The World Is Yours, who has it and what's your opinion?   Motörhead - The World Is Yours, who has it and what's your opinion? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 5:57 pm

Man, I love it! As a bonus it also came out on my birthday so that was pretty cool alone. Great tunes and it is amazing how these guys continue to churn out quality music after all these years that never really breaks any substantial new ground. Lemmy forever!!!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Motörhead - The World Is Yours, who has it and what's your opinion?   Motörhead - The World Is Yours, who has it and what's your opinion? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 12:58 am

krokus wrote:
I bought the cd back in december with t-shirt. Not a bad album but not a killer. INFERNO for exemple is better or BASTARD.

I agree that those two albums are better than their latest release.

Still, as long as it's a Motorhead, it's enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Motörhead - The World Is Yours, who has it and what's your opinion?   Motörhead - The World Is Yours, who has it and what's your opinion? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 12:38 pm

Is there anything on the bonus dvd that's worth watching? I'm assuming it's just the typical behind-the-scenes-stuff about the making of the album.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Motörhead - The World Is Yours, who has it and what's your opinion?   Motörhead - The World Is Yours, who has it and what's your opinion? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 3:27 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Is there anything on the bonus dvd that's worth watching? I'm assuming it's just the typical behind-the-scenes-stuff about the making of the album.

It's a live show on the DVD.

DISC TWO (DVD "Live At Wacken 2006)
1. Doctor Rock
2. Love Me Like a Reptile
3. Killers
4. In the Name of Tragedy
5. Dancing On Your Grave
6. Fast and Loose

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Motörhead - The World Is Yours, who has it and what's your opinion?   Motörhead - The World Is Yours, who has it and what's your opinion? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 3:47 pm

Ooohhh, that's actually pretty cool. I still probably won't ever watch it, but cool nonetheless.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Motörhead - The World Is Yours, who has it and what's your opinion?   Motörhead - The World Is Yours, who has it and what's your opinion? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 5:01 pm

I'm not a huge fan of Motorhead. I only own a handful of albums and most of those are sitting in a pile of CDs I haven't listened to yet. Right now, all I can compare it to is Motorizer, which was okay but I definitely prefer this one. Very good album, surprised me how much I've liked it.

"Born to Lose", "Rock 'n' Roll Music" and "Brotherhood of Man" are probably my favorite songs from the album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Motörhead - The World Is Yours, who has it and what's your opinion?   Motörhead - The World Is Yours, who has it and what's your opinion? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1