Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

No Prayer for the Dying or Fear of the Dark

Go down 
+8
Lari
mc666
thejokeriv
DallasBlack
metalinmyveins
Fat Freddy
DeathCult
fingers
12 posters

No Prayer for the Dying
No Prayer for the Dying or Fear of the Dark Vote_lcap17%No Prayer for the Dying or Fear of the Dark Vote_rcap
 17% [ 4 ]
Fear of the Dark
No Prayer for the Dying or Fear of the Dark Vote_lcap83%No Prayer for the Dying or Fear of the Dark Vote_rcap
 83% [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 24

AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

No Prayer for the Dying or Fear of the Dark Empty
PostSubject: No Prayer for the Dying or Fear of the Dark   No Prayer for the Dying or Fear of the Dark Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 9:30 am

I voted No prayer for the Dying cant stand Fear of the Dark
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: No Prayer for the Dying or Fear of the Dark   No Prayer for the Dying or Fear of the Dark Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 9:37 am

Fear of the Dark. That one's alot more together than No Prayer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: No Prayer for the Dying or Fear of the Dark   No Prayer for the Dying or Fear of the Dark Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 9:37 am

FEAR OF THE DARK.

NO PRAYER was totally phoned in.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: No Prayer for the Dying or Fear of the Dark   No Prayer for the Dying or Fear of the Dark Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 9:42 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
FEAR OF THE DARK.

NO PRAYER was totally phoned in.

Indeed, it's Maiden on autopilot. I used to defend it more when I was in my ultra Maiden fanboy stage when the album first popped up, but the longer time goes on the less I like it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: No Prayer for the Dying or Fear of the Dark   No Prayer for the Dying or Fear of the Dark Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 9:49 am

Fear Of The Dark by quite a margin. No Prayer is terrible.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: No Prayer for the Dying or Fear of the Dark   No Prayer for the Dying or Fear of the Dark Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 10:58 am

Fear of the Dark by a landslide!!! No Prayer for the Dying is easily the worst Iron Maiden album w/Bruce Dickinson. It has some good moments like "Fates Warning" and "Public Enema Number One", but not many after that.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: No Prayer for the Dying or Fear of the Dark   No Prayer for the Dying or Fear of the Dark Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 11:04 am

metalinmyveins wrote:
Fear of the Dark by a landslide!!! No Prayer for the Dying is easily the worst Iron Maiden album w/Bruce Dickinson. It has some good moments like "Fates Warning" and "Public Enema Number One", but not many after that.

I'm almost in total agreement. It IS one of the worst Bruce albums (I like it better than The Final Frontier). I do however like the whole thing. However, I absolutly LOVE FotD which was my first intro to my favorite band of all time.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: No Prayer for the Dying or Fear of the Dark   No Prayer for the Dying or Fear of the Dark Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 11:39 am

Fear Of The Dark - I rarely listen to No Prayer. The production is horrendous on NPFTD. There are some good ideas, that had they been better thought out would have made a better album. NPFTD has the worst production on any Maiden album. That said, I would pull out No Prayer before I would pull out one of the Blaze albums......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Prayer for the Dying or Fear of the Dark   No Prayer for the Dying or Fear of the Dark Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 12:05 pm

Fear Of The Dark isn't exactly a masterpiece either, it also has identity problems...but there are at least a few really good tracks.

No Prayer was one of those albums that you could tell right away was a rush job. Let's get this the hell over with and go back on tour. Honestly though, listen to some of Maiden's live albums from this period, they are lackluster as well. They just sounded bored to me.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: No Prayer for the Dying or Fear of the Dark   No Prayer for the Dying or Fear of the Dark Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 12:20 pm

i chose No Prayer, simply because the song Tailgunner is the best song from both albums.

Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: No Prayer for the Dying or Fear of the Dark   No Prayer for the Dying or Fear of the Dark Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 12:37 pm

Not even close. Fear of the Dark has some of the best Maiden songs ever in Be Quick or Be Dead, Afraid to Shoot Strangers and the title track. No Prayer just seemed like a desperate failed attempt at getting back to the roots.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: No Prayer for the Dying or Fear of the Dark   No Prayer for the Dying or Fear of the Dark Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 12:41 pm

Fear of the Dark! No Prayer had one good song to me and the rest were filler. At least Fear of the Dark had more than 3 good songs!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Prayer for the Dying or Fear of the Dark   No Prayer for the Dying or Fear of the Dark Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 12:44 pm

At first FotD seemed a little slack to me but over time it's grown on me and Lari is right, some great songs. No Prayer never did and I can't remember pulling it our for years.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: No Prayer for the Dying or Fear of the Dark   No Prayer for the Dying or Fear of the Dark Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 2:19 pm

No Prayer for the Dying!

It was a new release when i became a fan... I think it's an underrated album and much better than the stuff they are coming up with nowadays especially.

Tailgunner and Holy Smoke are great songs imo. The remastered version also takes the production up a few notches.
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: No Prayer for the Dying or Fear of the Dark   No Prayer for the Dying or Fear of the Dark Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 5:30 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:

I disagree Matter of Life and death is their worst album with Dickinson
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: No Prayer for the Dying or Fear of the Dark   No Prayer for the Dying or Fear of the Dark Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 1:08 pm

Fear of the Dark. I love No Prayer for the Dying as well. With Brucey, The Final Frontier is the worst album.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: No Prayer for the Dying or Fear of the Dark   No Prayer for the Dying or Fear of the Dark Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 2:19 pm

Fear Of The Dark
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Prayer for the Dying or Fear of the Dark   No Prayer for the Dying or Fear of the Dark Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Fun and Games-
Jump to: