Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ronnie & the Prophets

Go down 
+2
spiritoradio
Chairman_Smith
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

Ronnie & the Prophets Empty
PostSubject: Ronnie & the Prophets   Ronnie & the Prophets Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 7:50 pm

Wow... I just downloaded that Dio early years bootleg and... wow.... scratch

Its hard to imagine that that voice would go on to record Heaven and Hell and Holy Diver.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie & the Prophets   Ronnie & the Prophets Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 7:53 pm

I know what your talking about, but I haven't heard any. Could you post any links? Or where did you download it from?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie & the Prophets   Ronnie & the Prophets Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 8:04 pm

spiritoradio wrote:
I know what your talking about, but I haven't heard any. Could you post any links? Or where did you download it from?

I got them over a torrent client, do you have one?

Heres the link if you do

http://www.mininova.org/tor/299008
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie & the Prophets   Ronnie & the Prophets Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 8:14 pm

Thanks
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie & the Prophets   Ronnie & the Prophets Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 11:01 pm

There is a page out there—dio.net?—that has links from his early stuff. It's really not that odd when you think that he was very young and that was a pretty popular style back then.

Definitely not my cup of pee, but some people dig it.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie & the Prophets   Ronnie & the Prophets Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 7:03 pm

Wasn't he also in "Vegas Nights" or something like that?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie & the Prophets   Ronnie & the Prophets Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 3:46 pm

candlemass wrote:
Wasn't he also in "Vegas Nights" or something like that?

Yeah, i think they just renamed to Ronnie & The Prophets.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie & the Prophets   Ronnie & the Prophets Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 10:03 am

Some of Dio's roots go even further into the 50's I have some of his material on cd and it is quite different then his material from Elf on!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie & the Prophets   Ronnie & the Prophets Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2007 11:59 pm

When Soldier was together in the late 80's we heard about an interview Dio gave and the DJ said to him

'We're gonna play some really old stuff of yours." They played some of that 'doo whop' stuff.... He walked out....

Probably not a big deal now, but then I really had no idea he was that old...
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie & the Prophets   Ronnie & the Prophets Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 11:36 am

mr.electric39 wrote:
When Soldier was together in the late 80's we heard about an interview Dio gave and the DJ said to him

'We're gonna play some really old stuff of yours." They played some of that 'doo whop' stuff.... He walked out....

He walked out?!? That doesn't sound like Dio
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie & the Prophets   Ronnie & the Prophets Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2007 1:02 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
mr.electric39 wrote:

Just a hunch, but at the time, he was at the height of his "metal-ness" and maybe he was ashamed of his doo-wop past, trying to hide it. I'm sure if you talked to him now, he'd probably laugh about it.

I'd bet that we all have gone through some awkward period in our lives that we'd just as soon forget about, but over time, you learn to accept it. Try as we might, we can't change history. It is what it is.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie & the Prophets   Ronnie & the Prophets Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 10:08 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
mr.electric39 wrote:

Just a hunch, but at the time, he was at the height of his "metal-ness" and maybe he was ashamed of his doo-wop past, trying to hide it. I'm sure if you talked to him now, he'd probably laugh about it.

I'd bet that we all have gone through some awkward period in our lives that we'd just as soon forget about, but over time, you learn to accept it. Try as we might, we can't change history. It is what it is.

I think you nailed it. In '88 everyone is so into 'Image'...... They still are, but y'know as you get older some 'skeletons' in the closet aren't as big a deal as they used to be. He probably didn't want his age disclosed either. I mean the guy is 65 now ! SSI checks eh?
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie & the Prophets   Ronnie & the Prophets Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 8:10 am

I just downloaded the torrent...! It's awesome I'm listening to Hoochie Koochie Lady. I'm listening the Elves,after Electric Elves, after Ronnie And The Redcaps and after Ronnie And The Prophet. I love thos Rock'n'Roll song.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ronnie & the Prophets   Ronnie & the Prophets Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ronnie & the Prophets
Page 1 of 1