Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NLTM updated for FEB (Part II)

Go down 
+5
iamrockerfun
Required Fields
manny
Metal Misfit
ultmetal
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

NLTM updated for FEB (Part II) Empty
PostSubject: NLTM updated for FEB (Part II)   NLTM updated for FEB (Part II) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 9:45 am

Second Update for February.
http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/cdlist.html

Let me know if you see any typos, errors, broken links, etc. The whole site should now be updated to the new "centered" format.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated for FEB (Part II)   NLTM updated for FEB (Part II) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 10:39 am

Ult, you really gotta stop spamming the board. Wink
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated for FEB (Part II)   NLTM updated for FEB (Part II) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 11:31 am

Read your review on 'Midnight Lighting' and just wanted to make a few comments if you do not mind, sir.

First things I agree with, a) The album cover is beautiful and suitable for framing b) The songs are great and Hendrix's genius shines thru, even on this songs that are a work in progress.

While on some levels I do enjoy 'Midnight Lighting' and 'Crash Landing' I am one of those fans that finds what Alan Douglas did to be blasphemy, IMO their was nothing wrong with Mitch Mitchell, Billy Cox, and Buddy Miles original performances and to replace them with musicians that Hendrix had not even meet I feel was wrong, also to claim songwriting credits on the some the songs like Douglas did, I do not have 'Midnight Lighting' in front of me, but I know he did for sure he did on 'Crash Landing', is a sin!!!

Since you own the boxset and 'South Saturn Delta' I know you heard some of these tunes as they should have been and IMO much superior then those versions. Like I said I do enjoy the album to certain extent but that speaks more to the genius of Jimi Hendrix then anything that asswipe Alan Douglas.

Thank you for allowing me to rant and excellent job as always especially enjoyed reading your reviews on the Hendrix albums.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated for FEB (Part II)   NLTM updated for FEB (Part II) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 12:37 pm

manny wrote:
Read your review on 'Midnight Lighting' and just wanted to make a few comments if you do not mind, sir.

First things I agree with, a) The album cover is beautiful and suitable for framing b) The songs are great and Hendrix's genius shines thru, even on this songs that are a work in progress.

While on some levels I do enjoy 'Midnight Lighting' and 'Crash Landing' I am one of those fans that finds what Alan Douglas did to be blasphemy, IMO their was nothing wrong with Mitch Mitchell, Billy Cox, and Buddy Miles original performances and to replace them with musicians that Hendrix had not even meet I feel was wrong, also to claim songwriting credits on the some the songs like Douglas did, I do not have 'Midnight Lighting' in front of me, but I know he did for sure he did on 'Crash Landing', is a sin!!!

Since you own the boxset and 'South Saturn Delta' I know you heard some of these tunes as they should have been and IMO much superior then those versions. Like I said I do enjoy the album to certain extent but that speaks more to the genius of Jimi Hendrix then anything that asswipe Alan Douglas.

Thank you for allowing me to rant and excellent job as always especially enjoyed reading your reviews on the Hendrix albums.

I had read that Douglas took some writing credits for "re-arrangements" in Crash Landing. On Midnight Lightning, I don't believe he took any songwriting credits.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated for FEB (Part II)   NLTM updated for FEB (Part II) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 2:57 pm

Cool. Checking out the updates now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated for FEB (Part II)   NLTM updated for FEB (Part II) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 3:47 pm

beautiful page has Paul Stanley.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated for FEB (Part II)   NLTM updated for FEB (Part II) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 3:59 pm

iamrockerfun wrote:
beautiful page has Paul Stanley.

Thank you. headbanger

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated for FEB (Part II)   NLTM updated for FEB (Part II) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 12:45 pm

Just saw this in the review of Alice Cooper's Brutal Planet:

Quote :

from a reader:
Just wanted to comment on Cooper's "Pick up the Bones." You mentioned in the write-up that it is evidently about a mass murderer. Well, sort of. I read in an interview with Alice that it is about the WWII holocaust. Which makes it a rather poignant and personal song for Alice, being a Messianic Jew himself.

When was Alice Cooper Messianic Jewish? I thought he (Vincent) was the son of a Baptist preacher and a practicing Christian? Not that there's anything wrong with that. Just curious.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated for FEB (Part II)   NLTM updated for FEB (Part II) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 12:49 pm

ultmetal wrote:
manny wrote:

I had read that Douglas took some writing credits for "re-arrangements" in Crash Landing. On Midnight Lightning, I don't believe he took any songwriting credits.

He didn't take any songwriting credits on 'Midnight Lighting' but he did on 'Crash Landing', the fact that he took credit for songwriting for songs he did not write nor he was in the studio when they were created originally makes Alan Douglas a major douche bag in my book.

That being said excellent job on the Hendrix page and like I said , despite my major major criticisms of the album I do enjoy it on some levels.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated for FEB (Part II)   NLTM updated for FEB (Part II) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 1:02 pm

Quote :
When was Alice Cooper Messianic Jewish? I thought he (Vincent) was the son of a Baptist preacher and a practicing Christian? Not that there's anything wrong with that. Just curious.

No, he's a golfer. Very Happy I have never heard he was Jewish and searches don't come up with that either. Best I could find was he was French, Sioux, English, Scottish and Irish. So, American.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated for FEB (Part II)   NLTM updated for FEB (Part II) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 1:07 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Just saw this in the review of Alice Cooper's Brutal Planet:

Quote :

from a reader:
Just wanted to comment on Cooper's "Pick up the Bones." You mentioned in the write-up that it is evidently about a mass murderer. Well, sort of. I read in an interview with Alice that it is about the WWII holocaust. Which makes it a rather poignant and personal song for Alice, being a Messianic Jew himself.

I think some people assume from physical stereotypes like a "big nose" etc... that he is jewish.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated for FEB (Part II)   NLTM updated for FEB (Part II) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 1:08 pm

Eh, I just thought that was odd. It sorta came outta nowhere.

"Oh yea, Alice is Messianic Jewish, ya know. And Jimi Hendrix was secretly a Communist and Nabisco is a tool of the Illuminati and the word 'sex' is on Ritz Crackers. It's all right there if you know what to look for".

Waitaminute! Did Troublemagent write that?

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated for FEB (Part II)   NLTM updated for FEB (Part II) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 1:11 pm

Some people think Dee Snider is jewish too...

Last edited by Troublezone on Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated for FEB (Part II)   NLTM updated for FEB (Part II) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 1:15 pm

Troublezone wrote:

Now I believe he's half Jewish. His father was Jewish, wasn't he? I thought he did some VH-1 special with Scott Ian about being Jewish in metal or something?

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated for FEB (Part II)   NLTM updated for FEB (Part II) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 1:17 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Now I believe he's half Jewish. His father was Jewish, wasn't he? I thought he did some VH-1 special with Scott Ian about being Jewish in metal or something?

I just looked it up...

As a child he sang in a church choir, and several school choruses (Snider's father is Jewish, but "left the faith when he was 15" according to Snider, quoted in The New York Times. His mother is Catholic. Both sets of families opposed his parents' marriage. His parents raised Snider and his siblings as Episcopalian Christians as a strange compromise). He developed a habit of dressing differently from his peers, and a strong desire to become a singer in a makeup band. In 1975 Snider changed several rock bands, and in early 1976 he joined the recently formed Twisted Sister.

Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated for FEB (Part II)   NLTM updated for FEB (Part II) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 2:09 pm

No Thin Lizzy Deluxe Expanded yet? fainting
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated for FEB (Part II)   NLTM updated for FEB (Part II) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 2:40 pm

I caught a goof, Ult... I was scanning thru your W.A.S.P. page (wondering what your thoughts were on the various W.A.S.P. albums since you haven't said anything in my discography thread for'em here, heh heh) and I noticed that you have a picture of the BABYLON studio album from '09 next to your review of the "Sunset & Babylon" single from '93.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated for FEB (Part II)   NLTM updated for FEB (Part II) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 2:42 pm

akeldama wrote:
No Thin Lizzy Deluxe Expanded yet? fainting
Doubt I will be picking those up any time soon. Too rich for my blood I'm afraid. All these "expanded editions" that Warner Bros is releasing are cash cows and nothing more. I love the expanded packaging and the extra tracks and they know that, so they can get me to buy these albums again, for the umpteenth time. Argh!

Honestly, I don't have the money to replace my entire Thin Lizzy collection and will probably just pass on those for now.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated for FEB (Part II)   NLTM updated for FEB (Part II) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 2:59 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I caught a goof, Ult... I was scanning thru your W.A.S.P. page (wondering what your thoughts were on the various W.A.S.P. albums since you haven't said anything in my discography thread for'em here, heh heh) and I noticed that you have a picture of the BABYLON studio album from '09 next to your review of the "Sunset & Babylon" single from '93.

Good catch. I must have accidentally named the files the same name. Thanks.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated for FEB (Part II)   NLTM updated for FEB (Part II) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 3:02 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Good catch. I must have accidentally named the files the same name. Thanks.

No problem. At first I thought you simply hadn't bought any W.A.S.P. discs in between "FIRST BLOOD LAST CUTS" and "BABYLON" but then as I scrolled down and saw there were still other albums underneath it, I was like "Hey, wait a minute...!" Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated for FEB (Part II)   NLTM updated for FEB (Part II) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NLTM updated for FEB (Part II)
Page 1 of 1