Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Witchhammer

Go down 
+3
MetalGuy71
krokus
kmorg
7 posters
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

New Witchhammer Empty
PostSubject: New Witchhammer   New Witchhammer Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 11:37 am

Germany, 1486: The Dominican inquisitors Kramer and Sprenger publish "MALLEUS MALEFICARUM" "The Hammer of the Witches", the most important book on the Headhunt and execution of witches and heretics in medieval Europe. The book features detailed information on how to recognize, judge and execute the witches. MALLEUS MALEFICARUM was approved by the Catholic Church in the year of 1487.

Norway, 1986: Five guys from the Sarpsborg area in southeast Norway get together to form Withchammer, playing compromiseless thrashy HM with melodic overtones and drawing inspiration to many of their lyrical concepts from the MALLEUS MALEFICARUM, from which the name also is derived. Only this time, the hammer is here to stay... With the classic release of 1487 (vinyl now a sold-out item CD available) and the The Lost Tapes, the book of Witchhammer is continuously in creation..

Norway, 2011: A new Chapter, new vocalist, 9 new songs . Based on a true story of a woman which head was put on a stake in the 1500 century - after being sentenced to death of witchcraft as she cast a spell on the son of the local lord. Song titles and cover art will be revealed close to 25th march 2011....

Following this release, Witchhammer will be touring massively, with their goal set to give their fans, both new and old the celebration of 25 years with Witchhammer.

Witchhammer is hungrier and more aggressive than before, ready to conquer Europe with their own band of technical Norwegian thrash metal!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

New Witchhammer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Witchhammer   New Witchhammer Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 11:42 am

I have 1487 con vinyl, first pressing but didnt listen to it in years.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

New Witchhammer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Witchhammer   New Witchhammer Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 10:12 am

I thoroughly enjoy the disc I got from you, Kmorg in a trade and have been searching in vain for a copy of 1487 that won't cost me a kidney. If this new album is anywhere near as good as The Lost Tapes, count me in.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

New Witchhammer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Witchhammer   New Witchhammer Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 10:30 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I thoroughly enjoy the disc I got from you, Kmorg in a trade and have been searching in vain for a copy of 1487 that won't cost me a kidney. If this new album is anywhere near as good as The Lost Tapes, count me in.

I'll see what I can do about getting you 1487. I guess I'll stack up on the new CD too, come March. There are plenty of peeps here who would want it, I reckon.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

New Witchhammer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Witchhammer   New Witchhammer Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 10:34 am

Right on!!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

New Witchhammer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Witchhammer   New Witchhammer Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 12:28 pm

Finally!
I have heard of this new album for years now Laughing .
Didn`t know they had a new singer, that kind of sucks cus Per Ståles singing is an important part of their sound IMO. Is the new guy similar sounding Kurt?
And massive touring all across Europe??
They better start training, that sounds like a lot to ask of these oldies who are used to play only Karmøygeddon and a few local gigs a year lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

New Witchhammer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Witchhammer   New Witchhammer Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 12:50 pm

The new singer is great, Olaf. No worries. Sure, it is always a tragedy when a singer leaves/is forced out of a band. But the new guy can sing the old tunes just fine Very Happy

Yeah, I giggled a but when i read massive touring too. These guys have kids, families and day jobs! Laughing

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

New Witchhammer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Witchhammer   New Witchhammer Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 1:57 am

Looking forward to checking the album, especially if they are sticking to their thrash roots - it would be a must-buy for me then!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

New Witchhammer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Witchhammer   New Witchhammer Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 2:57 am

Gonna have to hear it!

So what can you do about hooking a brother up with the Lost Tapes album, Kurt? Cool

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

New Witchhammer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Witchhammer   New Witchhammer Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 8:30 am

Horray! New Witchhammer! \m/

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

New Witchhammer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Witchhammer   New Witchhammer Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 1:11 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Gonna have to hear it!

So what can you do about hooking a brother up with the Lost Tapes album, Kurt? Cool

I'll try my best, Ben!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

New Witchhammer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Witchhammer   New Witchhammer Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 1:12 pm

stormspell wrote:
Looking forward to checking the album, especially if they are sticking to their thrash roots - it would be a must-buy for me then!

The 2 new songs I heard is a total throwback to the old stuff Very Happy

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

New Witchhammer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Witchhammer   New Witchhammer Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 1:18 pm

Here is a clip with the new singer. He comes in a little late, but still...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

New Witchhammer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Witchhammer   New Witchhammer Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 12:17 pm

The band just opened a webshope. The prices might be a bit steep for you cheap Americans (lol), but at least they include shipping!

http://www.freewebstore.org/Witchhammer-Shop

New Witchhammer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Witchhammer   New Witchhammer Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 2:02 pm

kmorg wrote:
The prices might be a bit steep for you cheap Americans (lol),

You ain't fookin' wrong there, the prices aren't too cheap for the europeans either
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

New Witchhammer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Witchhammer   New Witchhammer Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 12:13 pm

Locky wrote:
kmorg wrote:
The prices might be a bit steep for you cheap Americans (lol),

You ain't fookin' wrong there, the prices aren't too cheap for the europeans either

That's living in Norway for ya. Sending 1 CD, with cases, to the US costs over 10$, if you pack it properly!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

New Witchhammer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Witchhammer   New Witchhammer Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 1:23 pm

The new CD is out, and it can be ordered here. Again, the prices are high, but they include shipping.

http://shop.witchhammer.com/-PREORDER+-+Chapter+33a+In+Serenity+And+Awe/index.aspx?pageid=642519&prodid=2915027&rw=1

New Witchhammer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Witchhammer   New Witchhammer Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 1:32 pm

Ahh K. €25 or $35 is unacceptable in this day and age for a CD, what are they thinking ? best of luck to them but ....
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

New Witchhammer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Witchhammer   New Witchhammer Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 2:47 pm

Locky wrote:
Ahh K. €25 or $35 is unacceptable in this day and age for a CD, what are they thinking ? best of luck to them but ....

A new CD in Norway costs close to $40, so the price is not high here, considering that shipping is included. Still, I understand how foreigners feel.

New Witchhammer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Witchhammer   New Witchhammer Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 3:17 pm

kmorg wrote:
A new CD in Norway costs close to $40.

Damn, I guess Downloading is high in Norway ? are wages good up there ? an expensive CD in the stores here are approx €19-€20 ...

Ok, I understand you say it's cheap in the respect of other CDs, but the band aint doing themselves any favours in the international market.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

New Witchhammer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Witchhammer   New Witchhammer Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 11:54 am

Locky: Since you dabble in webshopery and the likes. Try to email the band to get a wholesale price, then sell the CD to all the members here Laughing Tell them Kurt sent ya'! Very Happy

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

New Witchhammer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Witchhammer   New Witchhammer Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 12:22 pm

New Witchhammer slays!

Any fan of traditional heavy/power metal (ie. real guitar driven power metal, not keyboard laced flower metal) will love this album.

New Witchhammer Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Witchhammer   New Witchhammer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Witchhammer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: