Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alice Cooper criticizes Robert Plant.

Go down 
+5
stepcousin
tohostudios
DeathCult
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Alice Cooper criticizes Robert Plant. Empty
PostSubject: Alice Cooper criticizes Robert Plant.   Alice Cooper criticizes Robert Plant. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 2:02 am

This kinda relates to the threads about being old and still loving metal/rock...

http://www.spinner.com/2011/01/28/alice-cooper-robert-plant-reform-led-zeppelin/?icid=main%7Chtmlws-main-n%7Cdl8%7Csec3_lnk2%7C197941
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper criticizes Robert Plant.   Alice Cooper criticizes Robert Plant. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 5:16 pm

I love both of those old codgers just the same, so I'm not picking sides here. But if Plant doesn't think he can sing the songs like he used to and not give 100%, then he shouldn't do the Zep reunion. Why embarrass himself or tarnish the legacy? If he want to sing folk music, that's his business.

Alice does his thing just fine, but there is no caparing his voice range to that of Robert Plant, in their prime or now. It's 2 completely different styles. Kudos for Alice for keepin' on keepin' on, but he's got no room to criticize Plant for not wanting to do a reunion or play rock or whatever it is Robert Plant wants to do.

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper criticizes Robert Plant.   Alice Cooper criticizes Robert Plant. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 5:29 pm

I believe Plant has been performing a few Zep songs on this solo tour though. WYSP mentioned something about it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper criticizes Robert Plant.   Alice Cooper criticizes Robert Plant. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 5:50 pm

DeathCult wrote:
I believe Plant has been performing a few Zep songs on this solo tour though. WYSP mentioned something about it.

Hey, a WYSP reference! I had not idea you were in the Philly area DC.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper criticizes Robert Plant.   Alice Cooper criticizes Robert Plant. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 6:25 pm

tohostudios wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

Yep, I live about a half hour from Philly in south NJ.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper criticizes Robert Plant.   Alice Cooper criticizes Robert Plant. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 6:29 pm

DeathCult wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

I grew up in Emmaus, a suburb of Allentown so I'm familiar with the rock stations there. Is WMMR still around?
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper criticizes Robert Plant.   Alice Cooper criticizes Robert Plant. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 6:57 pm

tohostudios wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

I grew up in Emmaus, a suburb of Allentown so I'm familiar with the rock stations there. Is WMMR still around?

Yeah, still goin strong. I listen to their morning show everyday.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper criticizes Robert Plant.   Alice Cooper criticizes Robert Plant. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 7:19 pm

Alice shouldnt bash his fellow "old fart" rockers like that. Some people age better than others and Plant just hasnt aged well, in my opinion hearing him sing the old Zep songs is kinda brutal. If he wants to do his thing, so be it. It's his life, he doesnt owe anybody nothin'. But if he does reunite with Zep, then he does owe the fans a good performance, and maybe he feels he just cant do it anymore.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper criticizes Robert Plant.   Alice Cooper criticizes Robert Plant. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 8:12 pm

I am huge Alice fan, but I would prefer Plant does his own thing and leave Led Zeppelin a memory, especially if Plant's heart is not into it.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper criticizes Robert Plant.   Alice Cooper criticizes Robert Plant. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 10:53 pm

I can see both points of view, actually...

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper criticizes Robert Plant.   Alice Cooper criticizes Robert Plant. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 10:58 pm

So can I but Manny's right, if his heart isn't in it, leave it alone.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper criticizes Robert Plant.   Alice Cooper criticizes Robert Plant. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 9:18 pm

tohostudios wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

I listen to the Eagles on YSP all the time Smile

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper criticizes Robert Plant.   Alice Cooper criticizes Robert Plant. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 10:32 am

Off the orginal topic, but since you knobs brought it up...

As a lifelong Philly resident, I will say that WYSP and WMMR both blow goats. I haven't listened to either station in about 5 years now, but I GUARAN-F**KIN-TEE, I could turn on the radio right now and their playlists haven't changed one bit. Yea, they might add a new "modern rock" tune every so often for a month or so, but then it's right back to the same old Clear Channel approved "classic rock" they been spinning for the last 30 years. They have a playlist of what seems to be about 50 songs and play them adnauseum.

I hate modern radio.

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper criticizes Robert Plant.   Alice Cooper criticizes Robert Plant. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 11:31 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I hate modern radio.

That's why I stopped listening...around 1990. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper criticizes Robert Plant.   Alice Cooper criticizes Robert Plant. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 11:45 am

detuned wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I hate modern radio.

That's why I stopped listening...around 1990. Very Happy

Yeah, it's been almost 10 years since I've listened to modern radio, other than the occasional sports broadcast. I remember when I bought my last car, I went probably almost two years before ever programming the radio stations. It was just cds or my mp3 player. I think my wife was finally the one to program it.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper criticizes Robert Plant.   Alice Cooper criticizes Robert Plant. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 12:18 pm

Yeah, I replaced my factory stereo in the car last June and I still haven't programmed the radio stations. I don't even know what stations play what anymore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper criticizes Robert Plant.   Alice Cooper criticizes Robert Plant. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alice Cooper criticizes Robert Plant.
Page 1 of 1