Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rest in Peace, Grandfather

Go down 
+20
A Handful of Wayne
Wargod
Leatherface
QuothTheRaven
troublemagnet
Joe
DallasBlack
Required Fields
Troublezone
bassman
nevermore
mc666
chewie
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
manny
thejokeriv
kmorg
Mglaffas81
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

Rest in Peace, Grandfather Empty
PostSubject: Rest in Peace, Grandfather   Rest in Peace, Grandfather Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 6:34 am

Today, at around 6:30 am, my grandmother found my grandfather lying lifeless beside his bed - I got the message from my father who called this morning. I was never really close to him, neither were any of us, not even my mom, as he had distanced himself from the world a long time ago - It's amazing that he lived this long, when he had battled alcoholism, smoked and just lied in bed all day the last 10 years of his life, except for a few walks in the garden - I don't really know how to feel, it's the first time in my life that a closer relative dies, but again, none of us were really close to the man - he wasn't close to his daughter or son anymore, and my grandmother was really more of a guardian for him. He did share his life story with me once, when we chatted alone in his room, I must have been the only one to know. Anyway, today, at an age of 79, his life ended. May he rest in peace - And even though I never got to say it to you, grandfather - I love you.

RIP - Johannes Leo Rasmussen - 1931-25th Jan, 2011

Last edited by Mglaffas81 on Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:34 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Rest in Peace, Grandfather   Rest in Peace, Grandfather Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 7:29 am

Sorry for your loss, bro!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Rest in Peace, Grandfather   Rest in Peace, Grandfather Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 8:31 am

RIP
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Rest in Peace, Grandfather   Rest in Peace, Grandfather Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 8:32 am

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37646

PostSubject: Re: Rest in Peace, Grandfather   Rest in Peace, Grandfather Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 8:33 am

Sorry to hear it, man.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rest in Peace, Grandfather   Rest in Peace, Grandfather Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 11:28 am

Sorry man. Even if you weren't close it sucks when family dies.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Rest in Peace, Grandfather   Rest in Peace, Grandfather Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 12:12 pm

My condolences to you and your family.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39590

PostSubject: Re: Rest in Peace, Grandfather   Rest in Peace, Grandfather Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 12:15 pm

Sorry for your loss.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Rest in Peace, Grandfather   Rest in Peace, Grandfather Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 12:50 pm

R.I.P.

Condolences
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Rest in Peace, Grandfather   Rest in Peace, Grandfather Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 2:08 pm

my condolences to you.

nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

PostSubject: Re: Rest in Peace, Grandfather   Rest in Peace, Grandfather Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 2:16 pm

Sorry for your loss. May he R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: Rest in Peace, Grandfather   Rest in Peace, Grandfather Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 2:56 pm

Thank you all a lot for your kind words - He's in a better place now, I am sure of it
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Rest in Peace, Grandfather   Rest in Peace, Grandfather Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 5:41 pm

R.I.P. Sorry for your loss
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Rest in Peace, Grandfather   Rest in Peace, Grandfather Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 6:02 pm

Sorry for your loss. RIP
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28442

PostSubject: Re: Rest in Peace, Grandfather   Rest in Peace, Grandfather Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 7:11 pm

My condolences.

A close friend of mine lost her grandfather recently as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Rest in Peace, Grandfather   Rest in Peace, Grandfather Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 8:39 pm

Sorry for your loss. I lost my Grandfather (the only one I ever knew) several years ago.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Rest in Peace, Grandfather   Rest in Peace, Grandfather Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 8:49 pm

Sorry for your loss. You may have not been close, but you have his blood, so the pain is there.
Back to top Go down
troublemagnet
Metal Conspiracist

Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: Rest in Peace, Grandfather   Rest in Peace, Grandfather Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 9:50 pm

I'm very sorry for your loss.How does it happen that you end up estrangend from your own children?
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Rest in Peace, Grandfather   Rest in Peace, Grandfather Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 10:01 pm

Sorry for your loss.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18937

PostSubject: Re: Rest in Peace, Grandfather   Rest in Peace, Grandfather Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 12:51 am

Sorry to hear that man.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: Rest in Peace, Grandfather   Rest in Peace, Grandfather Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 3:03 am

troublemagnet wrote:
I'm very sorry for your loss.How does it happen that you end up estrangend from your own children?

It's a long, complicated story - He had been battling alcoholism most of his senior life, and he started getting a little strange - he eventually moved down to a room in the basement - it sounds very strange, but he's always been a good man. I wouldn't say he was "estranged" from my mother, they did talk a little when we were there, but no, they didn't have much of a relationship. The last ten years of his life, he didn't go out much, just in his bed all day. I remember when my brother and I were little, we were quite scared of him - but that's just something I laugh at now. I don't think my older brother had ever spoken to the man.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Rest in Peace, Grandfather   Rest in Peace, Grandfather Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 5:17 pm

Sucks when you lose someone even though your not close. Prayers are with you. I never knew my real father and if I had I'd ask him some health related ?.
I did know that he died of a heart attack as my mom did so it is hereditary.

Anyway sorry for your loss.

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Rest in Peace, Grandfather   Rest in Peace, Grandfather Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 7:36 pm

sorry to hear

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Rest in Peace, Grandfather   Rest in Peace, Grandfather Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 2:19 am

May he rest in peace
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Rest in Peace, Grandfather   Rest in Peace, Grandfather Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 8:40 am

My condolences bro.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rest in Peace, Grandfather   Rest in Peace, Grandfather Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rest in Peace, Grandfather
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Of Unsound Mind-
Jump to: