Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

IF..........

Go down 
+5
metalinmyveins
DallasBlack
nevermore
MetalGuy71
James B.
9 posters
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

IF.......... Empty
PostSubject: IF..........   IF.......... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 11:22 am

I already said someplace around here 'bout my disdain of Hollywood regurgitating itself with all the remakes, and........that a remake of "Close Encounters" with modern cgi and all that would be kinda/sorta kewl. IMHO

anywho's....if you could pick one old flick that would be interesting to see remade with modern technology...what would it be ?

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

IF.......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: IF..........   IF.......... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 11:26 am

I'm generally against the re-makes as well, but I want to see this new version of 'True Grit'. I love the Cohen Brothers films.

I'm not sure if that counts though, as far as your questioning goes. I'm pretty sure they didn't do any CGI updates to the horses or added lasers in this version. Very Happy

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

IF.......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: IF..........   IF.......... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 1:31 pm

I'd like to see something like Godzilla On Monster Island redone.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

IF.......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: IF..........   IF.......... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 3:13 pm

The Last Unicorn, they were supposed to do one but legal issues have curbed all plans. A live version without the muicals (though I actually like some of the songs from America) and a more epic feel would be great but alas is won't happen.

Dragonslayer would look better with modern technology and so would Krull-and better acting, though back then when I wasa kid, that wasn't a factor.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

IF.......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: IF..........   IF.......... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 3:43 pm

James B. wrote:
I already said someplace around here 'bout my disdain of Hollywood regurgitating itself with all the remakes, and........that a remake of "Close Encounters" with modern cgi and all that would be kinda/sorta kewl. IMHO

anywho's....if you could pick one old flick that would be interesting to see remade with modern technology...what would it be ?

To be honest James, I would not want to see "Close Encounters of the Third kind" remade. I've still never seen "Mr. Holland's Opus", but I consider Richard Dreyfuss' best acting role to be in "Close Encounters", followed by "Jaws". Like "Jaws", I think Stephen Spielberg does an amazing job of capturing the terrifying unknown without showing the predator, whether it be the shark or space ship in this case. Obviously, I'm referring to the opening scene in Jaws, and comparing that scene to when Richard Dreyfuss' character first comes upon the railroad crossing, with his frightful, yet sort of quizzical response to the whole episode. I believe the most dramatic scene of the movie is the abduction of the young boy, because it represents two entirely different emotional responses from the central characters. The mother of course goes into protection mode to keep her son safe from what awaits outside their front door, while the son expresses little fear in what lies outside that same front door. One would expect the roles to be reversed (the parent being calm, and the kid being scared out of his wits). The acting is brilliant in both of these scenes, as there is barely any dialogue, yet the expressions on the actors faces tell the whole story. In neither of these scenes do we see a spaceship. Our (the audience) fear/mistrust of the unknown is predicated upon these central characters being isolated, doused with blinding light, and being subjected to every living appliance coming to life. As the viewer, our fear is heightened, even though we never saw what was scaring us.

If there was a remake, I GUARANTEE it these two scenes would change. There would be no build up, as the powers that be would probably expose us to the mother ship or those that fly with it right from the get go.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

IF.......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: IF..........   IF.......... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 5:35 pm

I agree that Dragonslayer would be awesome with some CGI, one of my favorite fantasy movies along with really campy stuff like Willow and The Princess Bride.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

IF.......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: IF..........   IF.......... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 5:57 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
James B. wrote:

To be honest James, I would not want to see "Close Encounters of the Third kind" remade. I've still never seen "Mr. Holland's Opus", but I consider Richard Dreyfuss' best acting role to be in "Close Encounters", followed by "Jaws". Like "Jaws", I think Stephen Spielberg does an amazing job of capturing the terrifying unknown without showing the predator, whether it be the shark or space ship in this case. Obviously, I'm referring to the opening scene in Jaws, and comparing that scene to when Richard Dreyfuss' character first comes upon the railroad crossing, with his frightful, yet sort of quizzical response to the whole episode. I believe the most dramatic scene of the movie is the abduction of the young boy, because it represents two entirely different emotional responses from the central characters. The mother of course goes into protection mode to keep her son safe from what awaits outside their front door, while the son expresses little fear in what lies outside that same front door. One would expect the roles to be reversed (the parent being calm, and the kid being scared out of his wits). The acting is brilliant in both of these scenes, as there is barely any dialogue, yet the expressions on the actors faces tell the whole story. In neither of these scenes do we see a spaceship. Our (the audience) fear/mistrust of the unknown is predicated upon these central characters being isolated, doused with blinding light, and being subjected to every living appliance coming to life. As the viewer, our fear is heightened, even though we never saw what was scaring us.

If there was a remake, I GUARANTEE it these two scenes would change. There would be no build up, as the powers that be would probably expose us to the mother ship or those that fly with it right from the get go.

valid point...if Spielberg did the remake, who knows what emphasis would be placed on what ? Film making has forgotten that aspect of "build up" and it seems the trend of bland dialouge and overused CGI is only gonna get worse. Still CGI would be kewl with the stuff they did in "Close Encounters" Just a thought....If aliens could make ships that go across the stars, why did they have incandescent bulbs lighting their ships ? I know that is nit-pickin', but after all these years...most know the story already and seeing it done with more bells and whistles would be entertaining. IMHO

Laterz

Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

IF.......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: IF..........   IF.......... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 3:41 pm

I wouldn't wanna see any remakes of old movies, cause that's what makes 'em classic. I wanna see them remake a movie I had high hopes for that sucked real hard like Avatar: The Last Airbender
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

IF.......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: IF..........   IF.......... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 3:46 pm

I just saw "Dragonslayer" a year or two ago and thought the dragon effects in that one had held up rather well considering the film's age and that the dragon was basically a big Muppet. That thing was nasty lookin'!!!

Oh, and I hope the in-the-works sequel to "Piranha 3D" brings back the flying fish/piranha cross breeds from the legendary "Piranha II: The Spawning" Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

IF.......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: IF..........   IF.......... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 5:15 pm

EvyMetal wrote:
I wouldn't wanna see any remakes of old movies, cause that's what makes 'em classic. I wanna see them remake a movie I had high hopes for that sucked real hard like Avatar: The Last Airbender

I cringe when re-makes are announced. I know each director has their own ideas but I agree, new stuff is preferred to remakes.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

IF.......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: IF..........   IF.......... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 7:52 pm

As long as the proposed remake of "RoboCop" (i.e. my favorite movie of all time) remains dead in the water, they can remake anything else they want...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

IF.......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: IF..........   IF.......... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 8:44 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
As long as the proposed remake of "RoboCop" (i.e. my favorite movie of all time) remains dead in the water, they can remake anything else they want...

that would be like remaking 'The Princess Bride'

bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

IF.......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: IF..........   IF.......... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 9:29 pm

exact33 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

that would be like remaking 'The Princess Bride'

The Princess Bride is PERFECT just the way it is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

IF.......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: IF..........   IF.......... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IF..........
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: