Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bruce Dickinson - Alive In Studio A

Go down 
+2
DallasBlack
MetalGuy71
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Bruce Dickinson - Alive In Studio A Empty
PostSubject: Bruce Dickinson - Alive In Studio A   Bruce Dickinson - Alive In Studio A Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 12:31 pm

What's your thoughts on this live album from Bruce? I'm completing my solo Bruce discography with all the studio albums. Keep in mind, I'm a casual fan of live albums in general, but there are some exceptions. Is this doulbe-disc set worth getting for the performances or will it just be a filler in my collection?

I see there is also a 3-disc edition available with the Scream For Me, Brazil added in as well, which would wrap-up all 3 live albums nicely in one fell swoop.

Solo Bruce live albums? Buy 'em or skip 'em?

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Dickinson - Alive In Studio A   Bruce Dickinson - Alive In Studio A Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 12:38 pm

I personally like them. As long as you like Balls To Picasso because the majority of the songs are from that album.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Dickinson - Alive In Studio A   Bruce Dickinson - Alive In Studio A Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 12:39 pm

To me they are not essiential. I play the studio stuff instead. If you wanna buy Bruce live, then the combopackage is probably the route to go for you.

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Dickinson - Alive In Studio A   Bruce Dickinson - Alive In Studio A Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 1:26 pm

You'd have to be a huge Bruce solo fan to get more then the combo. IMO.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Dickinson - Alive In Studio A   Bruce Dickinson - Alive In Studio A Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 1:42 pm

I had dropped my copy of Alive In Studio A because at one time do to me trying to reduce my CDs (back when being a hardcore collector was not somthing I was trying to do) but want to recapute it and I also want Scream For Me Brazil so I may pick that 3-disc combo myself.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Dickinson - Alive In Studio A   Bruce Dickinson - Alive In Studio A Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 2:06 pm

kmorg wrote:
To me they are not essiential. I play the studio stuff instead. If you wanna buy Bruce live, then the combopackage is probably the route to go for you.

I'll probably stick to the studio albums for now. Doesn't look like anything too "essential" on these live albums. No exclusive tracks or any wackiness like that.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Dickinson - Alive In Studio A   Bruce Dickinson - Alive In Studio A Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 2:32 pm

Yea they are pretty basic live albums. Like Dallas said if you like Balls to Picasso stuff then you'll like it. I bought them just to complete the collection otherwise they aren't really essential.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Dickinson - Alive In Studio A   Bruce Dickinson - Alive In Studio A Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 2:35 pm

I've had used copies of this disc in my hands a few times over the years but I've always passed on it. Not only am I generally indifferent about live albums, but if memory serves, both discs are essentially the same set list, and besides, isn't it the SKUNKWORKS era lineup playing on it? Blah!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Dickinson - Alive In Studio A   Bruce Dickinson - Alive In Studio A Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 3:16 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
besides, isn't it the SKUNKWORKS era lineup playing on it? Blah!

Yeah, but the music sounds the same, they are very capable musicians. You may have hated the Skunkworks album (I personally love it) but remember, even good musicians can write bad songs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Dickinson - Alive In Studio A   Bruce Dickinson - Alive In Studio A Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 3:24 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
but remember, even good musicians can write bad songs.

Bruce Dickinson - Alive In Studio A 220px-10

Bruce Dickinson - Alive In Studio A 337331
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Dickinson - Alive In Studio A   Bruce Dickinson - Alive In Studio A Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 3:27 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
but remember, even good musicians can write bad songs.

Bruce Dickinson - Alive In Studio A 220px-10

Bruce Dickinson - Alive In Studio A 337331

Good example. While I do like that album it is the weakest Savatage album bar none.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Dickinson - Alive In Studio A   Bruce Dickinson - Alive In Studio A Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 3:29 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
You may have hated the Skunkworks album (I personally love it) but remember, even good musicians can write bad songs.

Ehhh, I don't "hate" it but I certainly don't put it on the stereo very often. Put it to you this way: I avoided SKUNKWORKS till I found it a few years ago at a dollar store. For that price, it was a decent CD Laughing

I actually like the B-sides from that era (found on the 2nd disc of the BEST OF BRUCE DICKINSON collection), i.e. "Re-Entry" and "I'm In a Band With An Italian Drummer," better than anything from the actual album. Go figure.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Dickinson - Alive In Studio A   Bruce Dickinson - Alive In Studio A Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 4:03 pm

Most of the Dickinson solo stuff is new-ish to me, but I haven't found a clunker in the bunch yet. I like everything I've heard so far. If anything I'm pissed I waited this long to start getting his stuff.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Dickinson - Alive In Studio A   Bruce Dickinson - Alive In Studio A Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 8:25 pm

I liked it alot, it pretty much sounds like studio versions anyway, just a little more raw. Which for me meant better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Dickinson - Alive In Studio A   Bruce Dickinson - Alive In Studio A Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bruce Dickinson - Alive In Studio A
Page 1 of 1