Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sad News For Former Pro Wrestler Paul Orndorf

Go down 
+7
Ricky
Troublezone
Leatherface
chewie
Required Fields
DallasBlack
11 posters
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Sad News For Former Pro Wrestler Paul Orndorf Empty
PostSubject: Sad News For Former Pro Wrestler Paul Orndorf   Sad News For Former Pro Wrestler Paul Orndorf Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 10:47 pm

Turns out wrestling legend Mr. Wonderful has been diangnosed with cancer:

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/wwe-legend-mr-wonderful-paul-orndorff-has-cancer-120365

It appears he may be facing this without financial support from his former employer. Sad that all these wrestlers who gave their all to McMahon get shafted just because they didn't play kiss up.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Sad News For Former Pro Wrestler Paul Orndorf   Sad News For Former Pro Wrestler Paul Orndorf Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 11:10 pm

The first thing I always think of when I hear his name is this commercial:

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Sad News For Former Pro Wrestler Paul Orndorf   Sad News For Former Pro Wrestler Paul Orndorf Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 1:28 am

AAHHHH............ the Ol' WWF days.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Sad News For Former Pro Wrestler Paul Orndorf   Sad News For Former Pro Wrestler Paul Orndorf Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 3:00 am

I read about this today on a wrestling website I go to sometimes. Hate to hear this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Sad News For Former Pro Wrestler Paul Orndorf   Sad News For Former Pro Wrestler Paul Orndorf Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 6:05 am

Sad to hear...

Vince McMahon is a jerk with no heart.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Sad News For Former Pro Wrestler Paul Orndorf   Sad News For Former Pro Wrestler Paul Orndorf Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 10:26 am

Man,that sucks. I always enojoyed Orndorff back in the day. Vince McMahon must be one of the biggest jackasses on the face of the planet. Amazing that he will not help Orndorff out.
Back to top Go down
Ricky
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ricky

Number of posts : 255

PostSubject: Re: Sad News For Former Pro Wrestler Paul Orndorf   Sad News For Former Pro Wrestler Paul Orndorf Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 6:10 pm

sad news...he also worked for WCW I don't see anyone from that old place (Ted Turner) helping anyone out..
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: Sad News For Former Pro Wrestler Paul Orndorf   Sad News For Former Pro Wrestler Paul Orndorf Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 7:22 pm

Orndorff was AMAZING back in the day. Entertaining as hell and built like a Hercules. Great wrestler. Shame.
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Sad News For Former Pro Wrestler Paul Orndorf   Sad News For Former Pro Wrestler Paul Orndorf Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 11:38 pm

I feel for him, but do any of your employers help you years after you've stopped working with them? Vince McMahon may be a jerk, but I don't think he bears any additional responsiblity than any of our former employers.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Sad News For Former Pro Wrestler Paul Orndorf   Sad News For Former Pro Wrestler Paul Orndorf Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 8:17 am

CANCER SUCKS!

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Sad News For Former Pro Wrestler Paul Orndorf   Sad News For Former Pro Wrestler Paul Orndorf Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 9:09 am

stevegarveyfan wrote:
I feel for him, but do any of your employers help you years after you've stopped working with them? Vince McMahon may be a jerk, but I don't think he bears any additional responsiblity than any of our former employers.

You're quite right, he has no obligation. Vince has though helped out may of his former stars. Perhaps the only reason why Orndorf is not getting the same treatment is because he didn't play politics. McMahon has a habit of holding grudges and denying royalties to certain individuals through legal loopholes. If Orndorf is financially in trouble because of careless financing then it's his fault. However, if his lack of money is due to rightful royalties denied to him from past work then Vince carries some of the blame. However, the wrestling community has a habit of helping out it's former stars so I'm sure he will get help from somewhere. Maybe a fundraiser or charity show like they did for the late Brian Hildebrand (a former pro wrestling referee who had cancer many moons ago).
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Sad News For Former Pro Wrestler Paul Orndorf   Sad News For Former Pro Wrestler Paul Orndorf Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 7:59 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
stevegarveyfan wrote:

You're quite right, he has no obligation. Vince has though helped out may of his former stars. Perhaps the only reason why Orndorf is not getting the same treatment is because he didn't play politics. McMahon has a habit of holding grudges and denying royalties to certain individuals through legal loopholes. If Orndorf is financially in trouble because of careless financing then it's his fault. However, if his lack of money is due to rightful royalties denied to him from past work then Vince carries some of the blame. However, the wrestling community has a habit of helping out it's former stars so I'm sure he will get help from somewhere. Maybe a fundraiser or charity show like they did for the late Brian Hildebrand (a former pro wrestling referee who had cancer many moons ago).

I can agree with that. I only meant that Vince doesn't owe him anything, under the assumption that his accounts with Orndorff are settled. Of course, all that's out the window if Vince still owes him royalties.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Sad News For Former Pro Wrestler Paul Orndorf   Sad News For Former Pro Wrestler Paul Orndorf Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 8:02 pm

stevegarveyfan wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
stevegarveyfan wrote:

I can agree with that. I only meant that Vince doesn't owe him anything, under the assumption that his accounts with Orndorff are settled. Of course, all that's out the window if Vince still owes him royalties.

If the wrestlers were unionized, I think Vince would be footing the bill.
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

PostSubject: Re: Sad News For Former Pro Wrestler Paul Orndorf   Sad News For Former Pro Wrestler Paul Orndorf Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 8:58 pm

If the WWE remains on top of the wrestling game (and seeing how ROH and TNA are doing I don't see why the would fall) wrestlers will never have an union. It will just not work in a WWE environment.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Sad News For Former Pro Wrestler Paul Orndorf   Sad News For Former Pro Wrestler Paul Orndorf Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 9:01 pm

tohostudios wrote:
stevegarveyfan wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
stevegarveyfan wrote:

If the wrestlers were unionized, I think Vince would be footing the bill.

People have been talking about that for many years now. However, with WWE being the only real game in town, it's not easy. And no TNA doesn't count (not even sure how much longer they'll be in business).
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Sad News For Former Pro Wrestler Paul Orndorf   Sad News For Former Pro Wrestler Paul Orndorf Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 9:03 pm

I see Zdan has the same thought about this as I do.
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

PostSubject: Re: Sad News For Former Pro Wrestler Paul Orndorf   Sad News For Former Pro Wrestler Paul Orndorf Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 9:21 pm

DallasBlack wrote:

Yup. While I am not a long time wrestling fan (and when I was watching WCW was around - and that show had immense potential and did showcase some excellent midcard wrestling) I do tend to follow things around even with today's sad state of wrestling (which I think is the result of the destruction of the NWA and death of the wrestling territories....and WCW being out of the game) and I seeing how Vince operates I know that if he is around (and this may change during the supposed Triple H reign as head of the WWE) a union will never happen.

As far as TNA goes they are a running joke now. Everyday it perplexes me that they are still around and people still watch them.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Sad News For Former Pro Wrestler Paul Orndorf   Sad News For Former Pro Wrestler Paul Orndorf Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 10:04 pm

Zdan wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Yup. While I am not a long time wrestling fan (and when I was watching WCW was around - and that show had immense potential and did showcase some excellent midcard wrestling) I do tend to follow things around even with today's sad state of wrestling (which I think is the result of the destruction of the NWA and death of the wrestling territories....and WCW being out of the game) and I seeing how Vince operates I know that if he is around (and this may change during the supposed Triple H reign as head of the WWE) a union will never happen.

As far as TNA goes they are a running joke now. Everyday it perplexes me that they are still around and people still watch them.

I chalk that up to them being run by Bischoff, Hogan, and Russo. That and the careless way Dixie spends the money.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sad News For Former Pro Wrestler Paul Orndorf   Sad News For Former Pro Wrestler Paul Orndorf Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sad News For Former Pro Wrestler Paul Orndorf
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: