Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]

Go down 
+42
metalhead777
Motorsud
ultmetal
STIGMATADOR
Olafsto
mlotek
MoonChild
Dave the Boss
Alex Dee Rokket
James B.
Pantera
TH Joe
Schbopo
TheGooch
Shawn Of Fire
iamrockerfun
chewie
DeathCult
Wargod
Joe
mr.electric39
Sinistar
holydiver97595
Stender
JBall_Z
jstate
exact33
kmorg
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
krokus
DallasBlack
Sutekh
powermacho
nevermore
bassman
Zdan
rawr!
tohostudios
EvyMetal
Required Fields
manny
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 12:37 pm

Crimson Glory - S/T +1
Jackyl - S/T
Weird Al - Polka Party
Fastway - s/T
Upper Crust - Once More into the Breech
Vanden Plas - THe God Thing
Vanden Plas - Far off Grace
Dramarama - Stuck in Wonderamaland
Casanova - S/T
Bullet - Bite the Bullet
Ocean Blue - Cerulean

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 2:24 pm

TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 38 512uWVBykDL._SL500_AA300_TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 38 51J-AJzp8HL._SL500_AA300_
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 2:52 pm

Manowar - FIGHTING THE WORLD
Kix - SHOW BUSINESS
Parish - ENVISION
Helloween - WALLS OF JERICHO
Jag Panzer - MECHANIZED WARFARE

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 2:57 pm

Depressive Age - Lying in Wait
Mammoth - s/t
Thunder - Back Street Symphony
Alcatrazz 0 Live '83
Kyuss - Welcome to Sky Valley
Blood Red Angel - The Language of Hate
Slash - s/t

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 3:15 pm

Holy Grail-Crisis In Utopia
Accept-Blood World
Saxon-Dogs of War
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 3:24 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Kyuss - Welcome to Sky Valley

\'arry \'eadbanger

Good idea, think I'll blow the dust off my copy and spin it this afternoon.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 7:50 pm

TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 38 51%2B34QMGfUL._SL500_AA300_

I'm liking this one more and more after repeated listens.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 8:13 pm

detuned wrote:
TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 38 512uWVBykDL._SL500_AA300_]

Cool you got it!

I've played this numerous times over the past two days. I'm hooked!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 8:42 pm

Razor - Malicious Intent
Razor - Violent Restitution
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 9:46 pm

Candlemass - S/T
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 10:18 pm

Mercyful Fate - Don't Break the Oath TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 38 438278
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 11:23 pm

Living Sacrifice - s/t ( Steinhaus remaster ) It's awesome!
Steve Morse Band - Southern Steel
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 8:44 am

Last night:

W.A.S.P.-Still Not Black Enough
Scorpions-World Wide Live
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 8:49 am

Anthrax - SPREADING THE DISEASE
Tesla - MECHANICAL RESONANCE

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 8:52 am

TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 38 Lettin10TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 38 Rhett_10
TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 38 Anothe10TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 38 Kingdo10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 12:12 pm

How's that Mercy Creek compare to Bonfire of Vanities?

Mystic Prophecy-Regressus
TNT-Engine
Cross Canadian Ragweed-Soul Gravy
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 12:14 pm

nevermore wrote:
chewie wrote:
TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 38 37419

Spectral Incursion - Anthology

How is this?

It's pretty cool. It is kinda like Seiges Even meets Rush and Watchtower(with a way better drum sound). The bass player sings(who is not a bad singer by any means) a lot of the songs and then for a few they have a high pitched singer. It was funny finding out that they all liked Jethro Tull, ELP and Rush amongst the 70s and early 80s metal bands.

The production on the 2010 songs is wierd. I don't know if they going for the sound that the rest of the songs have but they don't have the glossy 2010 sound. They sound like they were recorded back then.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 12:17 pm

detuned wrote:
TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 38 41rFjSgnPRL._SL500_AA280_TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 38 41pleMJl4UL._SL500_AA280_

Two good PT albums.

Sunday sounds like Syd Barrett-led Floyd, especially Jupiter Island.

Always Never is one of my favorite tunes off of Up The Down Stair.

I also wanted to ask you about Lucifers Friend, Are they Uriah Heep, Deep Purple or Black Sabbath sounding or do they have their own unique sound? I've been wanting to check them out.

Have you heard the female sung "I Talk to the Wind"? It's a really good version that is on A Young Person's Guide To King Crimson that is only on cassette and LP, as far as I know.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 12:32 pm

Distorted Wonderland - S/T
Darkwater - Where Stories End
Crimson Glory - Transcendence+1
Shadow Gallery - Legacy
Shadow Gallery - Tyranny
Shadow Gallery - Room V
Weird Al - S/T
Weird Al - In 3D
Tora Tora - Wild America
Casanova - S/T

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 12:38 pm

L.A. Guns - S/T
Beyond Fear - S/T
Black Sabbath - THE BEST OF

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 1:10 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
How's that Mercy Creek compare to Bonfire of Vanities?

Less rock, but a better album, I think. My favorite Mercy Creek album is "Dirty Water". I'm glad to see someone else knows about them.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 1:32 pm

exact33 wrote:

Crimson Glory - Transcendence+1

Idle curiosity on my part, I assume this would be the Metal Mind reissue? What's the "+1" bonus track on that?

exact33 wrote:
Weird Al - In 3D

"Nature trail to helllllllll.... in 3-D!" Laughing

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 1:44 pm

Quote :
I also wanted to ask you about Lucifers Friend, Are they Uriah Heep, Deep Purple or Black Sabbath sounding or do they have their own unique sound? I've been wanting to check them out.

Lucifer's Friend is a bit of an anomaly, because they never really repeated the same style twice on an album. Here's a general breakdown:

Lucifer's Friend (1971) - firmly in the proto-metal camp, somewhere between Sabbath & Heep.

Where The Groupies Killed The Blues (1972) - second album is total prog, not unlike King Crimson from that era. (this one is my favorite)

I'm Just A Rock N Roll Singer (1973) - this album sounds like the US market was a potential target. Some songs are just straight-ahead hard rock, some still lean in a prog direction. First album where they add many additional studio musicians (choirs, horn sections, etc)

Banquet (1974) - here they completely change direction and record a lush pop/fusion album complete with 30 piece orchestra, etc.

Mind Exploding (1976) - They jettison the fusion angle (mostly) and go back to more straight ahead hard rock.

Those are the core early albums with the original lineup.

I like all of those records, probably most metal fans would only have patience for the first 2 would be my guess...but I love well arranged material, so Lucifer's Friend's more artistic leanings are right up my alley. They were all studio musicians and their keyboardist/arranger was classically trained, so there are layers upon layers of details to be noticed on repeated listening.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 2:02 pm

Scorpions - Savage Amusement
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 2:04 pm

TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 38 41Iv5HV3XEL._SL500_AA300_
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 38 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next