Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]

Go down 
+42
metalhead777
Motorsud
ultmetal
STIGMATADOR
Olafsto
mlotek
MoonChild
Dave the Boss
Alex Dee Rokket
James B.
Pantera
TH Joe
Schbopo
TheGooch
Shawn Of Fire
iamrockerfun
chewie
DeathCult
Wargod
Joe
mr.electric39
Sinistar
holydiver97595
Stender
JBall_Z
jstate
exact33
kmorg
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
krokus
DallasBlack
Sutekh
powermacho
nevermore
bassman
Zdan
rawr!
tohostudios
EvyMetal
Required Fields
manny
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 10:50 pm

Death - Individual Thought Patterns
Exodus - Impact is Imminent
Becoming the Archetype - The Physics of Fire
War of Ages - Fire from the Tomb
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 11:43 pm

TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 7 41D30NPSH3L._SL500_AA300_TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 7 E25e228348a00fe3afb2e010.L._AA300_
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 8:41 am

Inspired by yesterday's viewing of "End of the Century: The Story of the Ramones," I'm going to be listening to their entire studio discography today, in chronological order.

...which I guess means I'm either an utter fan boy, or an obsessive-compulsive. You make the call.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 8:46 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Inspired by yesterday's viewing of "End of the Century: The Story of the Ramones," I'm going to be listening to their entire studio discography today, in chronological order.

...which I guess means I'm either an utter fan boy, or an obsessive-compulsive. You make the call.

Both
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 8:50 am

TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 7 220px-13
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 8:51 am

manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Both

I can live with that. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 9:04 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Both

I can live with that. Laughing

I did a thread on the Ramones on FB, and listened to the comp album 'Hey Ho: The Ramones Anthology' and I had forgotten how good some of those later day Ramones tunes are like 'Poison Heart' their cover of 'R.A. M.O.N.E.S' and other songs from 'Adios Amigos' 'Mondo Bizzaro', great band and I am glad I got to see them live, even if it was only one time
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 9:48 am

Zdan wrote:
Ugly Kid Joe - America's Least Wanted

Actually love this album. Fuzzy hard rockin' goodness with plenty of Sabbath-y touches. And Whitfield Crane is as good of a vocalist as they come!

One of my favorite albums! I did Neighbor and Everything About You at a kareokee (sic) bar back in August.

Last night:

Warrant-Dirty Rotten Filthy Stinking Rich
Warrant-Cherry Pie
Warrant-Dog Eat Dog
Centurion-Invulnerable (pretty good non-flowery power metal from Italy)
Armada-Rage Of The Armada (great neo-classical power metal with rough vocals, also from Italy)
Bad English-s/t
Bad English-Backlash
Lillian Axe-Sad Day On Planet Earth

During my lunch hour:

Allen/Lande-The Showdown (this album just gets so much better with each listen)
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 10:36 am

That Ugly Kid Joe album is awesome to me. Great musicians, lots of looseness and powerful tunes. Love it. I also like their next album "Menace To Sobriety" - more serious and harder - features one of my total favourites - Jesus Rode A Harley.

Europe - Wings Of Tomorrow

Love this album. Contains my favourite Europe song of all time - "Scream Of Anger".
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 10:47 am

HALFORD:MADE OF METAL CD (2010)
GRAVE DIGGER:THE CLANS WILL RISE AGAIN CD (2010)
VX:CONTRAATAQUE MINI CD (2010)
KALAPACS:MITOSZ CD (2008)
THE RODS:WILD DOGS LP (1982)
HELIX:LIVE IN BUFFALO 1983 CD
UNIDOS POR EL METAL:DÃœNEDAIN+ZENOBIA split maxi CD (2010) 2X
GAMMA RAY:POWER PLANT CD (1999)
OBUS:VAMOS MUY BIEN 30 GRANDES EXITOS CD1 (2006)

Last edited by krokus on Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 10:52 am

Zdan wrote:
That Ugly Kid Joe album is awesome to me. Great musicians, lots of looseness and powerful tunes. Love it. I also like their next album "Menace To Sobriety" - more serious and harder - features one of my total favourites - Jesus Rode A Harley.

Love this album. Contains my favourite Europe song of all time - "Scream Of Anger".

Yeah, killer song by EUROPE.
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 11:03 am

krokus wrote:
Zdan wrote:

Yeah, killer song by EUROPE.

Shame Europe went further away from the style of the first two albums. Those were awesome hard rock/metal pieces with Judas Priest and even Maiden-like riffing and some double bass drumming even.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 11:16 am

Blind Guardian - At The Edge Of Time

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 12:14 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

...currently up to Album #5, END OF THE CENTURY (1980)

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 12:28 pm

Black Sabbath - TYR

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 12:38 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

The one they worked with madman Phil Spector, a great album that ironically does not sound all that different from the other Ramones albums
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 12:42 pm

kmorg wrote:
Black Sabbath - TYR

Seriously underrated album. Martin is awesome on this one and the music is epic.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 12:48 pm

manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

The one they worked with madman Phil Spector, a great album that ironically does not sound all that different from the other Ramones albums

...and one of the most divisive albums amongst their fan base. I dig it, but a lot of old time fans consider it their "sell out" album since it's slicker and more radio friendly (even tho ironically it got almost no radio play) than their previous stuff.

Honestly I've always thought that the album after this one, PLEASANT DREAMS (1981, produced by Graham Gouldman of 10cc) was way wimpier than END. It's my least fave of their albums.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 12:52 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

...and one of the most divisive albums amongst their fan base. A lot of folks consider it their "sell out" album since it's slicker and more radio friendly (even tho ironically it got almost no radio play), though honestly I thought the album after this, PLEASANT DREAMS (1981, produced by Graham Gouldman of 10cc) was way wimpier.

100% agree, I like 'Pleasant Dreams' but it is alot more pop oriented then 'End of the Century', also 'End of the Century' proves to me that Phil Spector's skills as a producer are overblown and overrated.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 12:58 pm

manny wrote:

100% agree, I like 'Pleasant Dreams' but it is alot more pop oriented then 'End of the Century',

PLEASANT has a couple of decent tracks (i.e. "We Want The Airwaves," "The KKK Took My Baby Away" and "She's A Sensation") but the bulk of it is kinda lame.

Though I did laugh my ass off at the revelation in the documentary that Joey most likely wrote "The KKK Took My Baby Away" as an ode to Johnny stealing (and eventually marrying) his girlfriend, and Johnny never realized it. Laughing very hard

manny wrote:
also 'End of the Century' proves to me that Phil Spector's skills as a producer are overblown and overrated

The only one in the band who was excited to work with him was Joey. Johnny sez something in the documentary like, "Phil Spector, yeah. So he produced the Beatles. Big deal. What had he done lately? He hadn't had a hit in 15 years and he was supposed to 'save' us?"

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 1:01 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
manny wrote:

100% agree, I like 'Pleasant Dreams' but it is alot more pop oriented then 'End of the Century',

PLEASANT has a couple of decent tracks (i.e. "We Want The Airwaves," "The KKK Took My Baby Away" and "She's A Sensation") but the bulk of it is kinda lame.

Though I did laugh my ass off at the revelation in the documentary film that Joey most likely wrote "The KKK Took My Baby Away" as an ode to Johnny stealing (and eventually marrying) his girlfriend, and Johnny never realized it. Laughing very hard

manny wrote:
also 'End of the Century' proves to me that Phil Spector's skills as a producer are overblown and overrated

As Johnny put it in the documentary: "Phil Spector, yeah. So he produced the Beatles. Big deal. What's he done lately? He hadn't had a hit in 15 years and he was supposed to be the guy to 'save' us?"

Paul McCartney was so angry at so called production of 'Let It Be', where Spector added strings, etc, that also added to one of the reasons The Beatles called it a day, two decades later McCartney finally gets his way and removes the elements he hated and reissued the album 'Let It Be-Naked'
Back to top Go down
rawr!
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 372

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 3:44 pm

believer - sanity obscure
believer - the return
insecticide - unpublished album 1990 + demo 1987
insecticide - for a dying world
ESC - eight thousand square feet
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 3:48 pm

I'm now up to 1986's ANIMAL BOY on my trip thru the Ramones discography...

Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 4:35 pm

Random Eyes - Invisible
Oil - Refine
Living Sacrifice - Reborn
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 4:59 pm

kmorg wrote:
Black Sabbath - TYR

Good call! Very underrated album!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]   TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS] - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I AM LISTENING TO... [PLAYLISTS]
Page 7 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next