Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reinxeed's Majestic

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

Reinxeed's Majestic Empty
PostSubject: Reinxeed's Majestic   Reinxeed's Majestic Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 1:06 am

Anybody have this yet? I've listened 5 or 6 times through and I like it, musically it's fine, nothing ground-breaking but perfectly good performances by all the musicians. HOWEVER,why must Tommy Johannsen always go higher than he needs to or in some cases higher than he seems comfortable with? His voice is good enough in his normal range, I don't understand why he can't realize when he has run out of notes. This is definitely better than the previous releases but still seems to be missing something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reinxeed's Majestic   Reinxeed's Majestic Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 12:38 pm

I keep trying to like these guys and they're pretty good but I agree about the singer which bugs me enough that I never pull the trigger on it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reinxeed's Majestic   Reinxeed's Majestic Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 12:43 pm

Can someone give me a pronunciation of this band's name?
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Reinxeed's Majestic   Reinxeed's Majestic Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 1:39 pm

I thought this was one of the best albums this year.... Much better than the previous material I've heard... I thought Johanssen actually kept his voice more in check than on the previous albums....

The songs were BETTER and catchy.... I dug it....

Reinxeed's Majestic 506406
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

PostSubject: Re: Reinxeed's Majestic   Reinxeed's Majestic Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 4:43 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
I keep trying to like these guys and they're pretty good but I agree about the singer which bugs me enough that I never pull the trigger on it.

It drives me crazy, he's going along just fine in a perfectly good range, plenty high for anybody's ears that listens to power/prog metal, and then jumps up into ridiculous territory and loses his tone completely. He sounds strained and pitchy and it's obvious that he's peaked out. Seeing them live would be torture, his voice would be shot after 2 songs. I like the music and the band has lots of potential but please bring the vocals down from the stratosphere.

Last edited by bassman on Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

PostSubject: Re: Reinxeed's Majestic   Reinxeed's Majestic Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 4:53 pm

mr.electric39 wrote:
I thought this was one of the best albums this year.... Much better than the previous material I've heard... I thought Johanssen actually kept his voice more in check than on the previous albums....

The songs were BETTER and catchy.... I dug it....

Reinxeed's Majestic 506406

I agree, I looked forward to this all year and it is WAY better than either of the previous albums. They fixed the production problems, the music sounds great but Johannsen, as awesome a musician as he is, still cannot resist overreaching his comfortable range at least once in every song. His guitar playing is of superior quality, I don't know why he can't apply the same standard to his vocals. I am still enjoying the heck out of this release, it hasn't been out of my changer since I got it, maybe I'm being too picky about a minor issue.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

PostSubject: Re: Reinxeed's Majestic   Reinxeed's Majestic Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 4:55 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Can someone give me a pronunciation of this band's name?

Rain- X - seed
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: Reinxeed's Majestic   Reinxeed's Majestic Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 4:14 pm

I liked it. Very solid effort.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reinxeed's Majestic   Reinxeed's Majestic Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reinxeed's Majestic
Page 1 of 1