Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CHRIS TSANGARIDES Interview

Go down 
+5
ultmetal
manny
MetalGuy71
ZetaReticuli
A Handful of Wayne
9 posters
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

CHRIS TSANGARIDES Interview Empty
PostSubject: CHRIS TSANGARIDES Interview   CHRIS TSANGARIDES Interview Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 10:28 pm

He's got a few interesting things to say but I don't think he's legendary. I think he might have produced a few good songs on some not so great albums. IMO anything he has done didn't measure up to either the bands previous albums or the albums after they did with him. Not saying he's the blame for the way all the albums sound because the bands have say in that as well but some of the things that he has done make me scratch my head thinking why?

Watching the Anvil movie they praised this guy for producing their earlier albums, but I don't get why. Another thing that makes me wonder is why when bands do use this guy its only for one album and maybe for a second but he usually doesn't make it past one.

What does anyone else think of him?

He has done some of my favorite albums but compared to other stuff those bands have done he tries to erase what they are about and tries to transform them into something else.

like Helloween Pink Bubbles Go Ape. I love the album but compared to the previous 3 its not even close.
Thin Lizzy no longer sounded like Thin Lizzy. Maybe the only decent one was Judas Priests Painkiller but even that has some dud songs on it.

Anyway heres the interview

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=151536

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: CHRIS TSANGARIDES Interview   CHRIS TSANGARIDES Interview Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 10:41 pm

The only time I've ever heard of him was when I read his name on the Painkiller album.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: CHRIS TSANGARIDES Interview   CHRIS TSANGARIDES Interview Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 10:59 pm

He's been on a lot of stuff. Probably things you wouldn't have even realized

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: CHRIS TSANGARIDES Interview   CHRIS TSANGARIDES Interview Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 11:07 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
He's been on a lot of stuff. Probably things you wouldn't have even realized

Manowar? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: CHRIS TSANGARIDES Interview   CHRIS TSANGARIDES Interview Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 11:28 pm

haha no I dont think so haha

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: CHRIS TSANGARIDES Interview   CHRIS TSANGARIDES Interview Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 11:38 pm

I recognize the name, but I too only really know him from JP's Painkiller album. If he had any input to that album aside from some knob-twisting, then sure, I'll call him legendary. It's one of my favorites by the band.

Here's some more info on the cat...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Tsangarides

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: CHRIS TSANGARIDES Interview   CHRIS TSANGARIDES Interview Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 8:24 am

I consider the guy legendary, the guy has worked with Concrete Blonde, Judas Priest, Mountain, Yngwie Malmsteen, Gary Moore and even Tom Jones!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: CHRIS TSANGARIDES Interview   CHRIS TSANGARIDES Interview Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 9:37 am

The man worded on some legendary albums, Anvil's "Metal on Metal" and "Forged in Fire", Judas Priest's "Sad Wings of Destiny" and "Painnkiller", Overkill's self titled, Y&T's "Meanstreak", Tygers of Pan Tang "Wildcat" and "Spellbound", among many others.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: CHRIS TSANGARIDES Interview   CHRIS TSANGARIDES Interview Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 10:27 am

Great producer.
Back to top Go down
Red Kitty
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

PostSubject: Re: CHRIS TSANGARIDES Interview   CHRIS TSANGARIDES Interview Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 10:48 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
He's got a few interesting things to say but I don't think he's legendary. I think he might have produced a few good songs on some not so great albums. IMO anything he has done didn't measure up to either the bands previous albums or the albums after they did with him. Not saying he's the blame for the way all the albums sound because the bands have say in that as well but some of the things that he has done make me scratch my head thinking why?

Watching the Anvil movie they praised this guy for producing their earlier albums, but I don't get why. Another thing that makes me wonder is why when bands do use this guy its only for one album and maybe for a second but he usually doesn't make it past one.

What does anyone else think of him?

He has done some of my favorite albums but compared to other stuff those bands have done he tries to erase what they are about and tries to transform them into something else.

like Helloween Pink Bubbles Go Ape. I love the album but compared to the previous 3 its not even close.
Thin Lizzy no longer sounded like Thin Lizzy. Maybe the only decent one was Judas Priests Painkiller but even that has some dud songs on it.

Anyway heres the interview

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=151536

Personally, I loved the sound on Thunder and Lightning. One of my faves by Lizzy!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: CHRIS TSANGARIDES Interview   CHRIS TSANGARIDES Interview Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 12:17 pm

He does an excellent job making albums sound great sonically! The sounds on Painkiller are amazing
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: CHRIS TSANGARIDES Interview   CHRIS TSANGARIDES Interview Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 4:51 pm

Glancing over the list of albums he has made, I must say I love all of them. Painkiller is near flawless but he's also done King Diamond's Conspiracy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CHRIS TSANGARIDES Interview   CHRIS TSANGARIDES Interview Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CHRIS TSANGARIDES Interview
Page 1 of 1