Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wikileaks

Go down 
+13
Olafsto
SlaytanicPOWER
James B.
Stender
thejokeriv
exact33
mc666
Fat Freddy
MoonChild
TheGooch
tohostudios
GrandNational
fingers
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

Wikileaks Empty
PostSubject: Wikileaks   Wikileaks Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 6:32 pm

Man this recent news about Wikileaks is INTENSE. I wonder if any metal musicans have spoken for Assange and just want to know what all your thoughts are on it.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Wikileaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wikileaks   Wikileaks Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 6:40 pm

Unless Assange can produce secret material about how Mustaine REALLY feels about getting dropped from Metallica........ Razz

Wikileaks is like stating the obvious....as if we already didn't know world "leaders" are a bunch of ego-centric pricks. The only thing this might really do is have the reverse affect....more government control over the internet, and they'll use this as an excuse to further control things.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Wikileaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wikileaks   Wikileaks Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 7:17 pm

ASSange is an "anal pore" on multiple levels.

nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Wikileaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wikileaks   Wikileaks Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 7:26 pm

i think some of the material that has been released while fascinating to read could be really really dangerous to world politics in the future. while i am all up for transparency, this was not the way to go about it. i also think the moves by groups to strangle it are misguided as it could encourage the whole thing being released if the people at wikileaks perceive they are "losing"
Back to top Go down

Wikileaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wikileaks   Wikileaks Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 8:01 pm

Censorship in any form blows. If every government was completely open and honest, with no secrets, there would be no use for power struggles. Yes, that is Utopian thinking. But so what. You asked what I thought, and I think Utopian. Sue me.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

Wikileaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wikileaks   Wikileaks Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 8:55 pm

Politics and governments should DIE or be killed. It is an unwanted establishment as long as it is detrimental to the society as of today. Liars and bastards.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Wikileaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wikileaks   Wikileaks Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 10:18 pm

GrandNational wrote:
Wikileaks is like stating the obvious....as if we already didn't know world "leaders" are a bunch of ego-centric pricks.

Jon Stewart summed this whole thing up quite nicely on "The Daily Show" about a week ago: "Mr. Assange, unless you're going to tell us something that people give a sh*t about -- like, say, the aliens from Area 51 killed JFK -- then let's cut out all the drama, OK?"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Wikileaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wikileaks   Wikileaks Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 10:56 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
Wikileaks is like stating the obvious....as if we already didn't know world "leaders" are a bunch of ego-centric pricks.

Jon Stewart summed this whole thing up quite nicely on "The Daily Show" about a week ago: "Mr. Assange, unless you're going to tell us something that people give a sh*t about -- like, say, the aliens from Area 51 killed JFK -- then let's cut out all the drama, OK?"

Exactly!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Wikileaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wikileaks   Wikileaks Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 2:00 am

UNCLE SAXON wrote:
Censorship in any form blows.
totally agree.

TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Wikileaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wikileaks   Wikileaks Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 11:04 am

as far as im concerned, governments have no right to hide this stuff. shows how scared they are of their people
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Wikileaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wikileaks   Wikileaks Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 1:13 pm

TheGooch wrote:
i think some of the material that has been released while fascinating to read could be really really dangerous to world politics in the future. while i am all up for transparency, this was not the way to go about it. i also think the moves by groups to strangle it are misguided as it could encourage the whole thing being released if the people at wikileaks perceive they are "losing"

I think transparancy in government is a good thing too but i agree - Assange is putting people's lives in danger and is doing it in a cavalier way. He doesnt care about the damage to lives he is causing. If the docs were just communications between people - it might be amusing but the stuff he is publishing contains a lot of sensitive material. I dont see how stealing stuff (and he knows it was stolen) and publishing it is something to applauded. He is a criminal and deserves to be charged.

TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Wikileaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wikileaks   Wikileaks Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 3:29 pm

exact33 wrote:
TheGooch wrote:

I think transparancy in government is a good thing too but i agree - Assange is putting people's lives in danger and is doing it in a cavalier way. He doesnt care about the damage to lives he is causing. If the docs were just communications between people - it might be amusing but the stuff he is publishing contains a lot of sensitive material. I dont see how stealing stuff (and he knows it was stolen) and publishing it is something to applauded. He is a criminal and deserves to be charged.

lets take the example of the cables where a number of middle eastern nations appealed to the USA to destroy any future Iranian nuclear capacity. to me this seems dangerous becuase if was the leader of iran in this situation i would feel surrounded by enemies and would see the need for nuclear weapons. while at the moment they say it for peaceful purposes (whether that is true or not, it is not generally accepted by the West to be)
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Wikileaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wikileaks   Wikileaks Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 4:00 pm

Quote :
if was the leader of iran in this situation i would feel surrounded by enemies

Not for nuthin' but it's quite obvious that the leader of Iran already feels that way, without any help from Wikileaks... just sayin'...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

Wikileaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wikileaks   Wikileaks Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 10:37 pm

Quote :

UNCLE SAXON wrote:
totally agree.

Not to start a fight but I bet I can name a number of cases you'd be for it.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Wikileaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wikileaks   Wikileaks Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 12:37 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
if was the leader of iran in this situation i would feel surrounded by enemies

Not for nuthin' but it's quite obvious that the leader of Iran already feels that way, without any help from Wikileaks... just sayin'...

yeah its obvious with or without the wikileaks. but lets says he isnt i mean they dont say and we dont really know their intentions as obvious as they appear to be. they have no stated aims with their nuclear programme apart from medical research so there is a chance it could be just peaceful. there comes a point in nuclear research where the decision to weaponise becomes a politcal matter rather than a technical one. i just feel wikileaks could spur that decision in the unlikely case they hadnt already decided to weaponise when they are in a position too
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Wikileaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wikileaks   Wikileaks Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 12:38 pm

I jsut hope someone leaks all the details about Assange's 'fascination with children' and lets see how he feels...

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Wikileaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wikileaks   Wikileaks Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 12:39 pm

exact33 wrote:
I jsut hope someone leaks all the details about Assange's 'fascination with children' and lets see how he feels...

I heard that was a set up by the new world order Wink
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Wikileaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wikileaks   Wikileaks Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 3:50 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
exact33 wrote:

or Switzerland...

Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Wikileaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wikileaks   Wikileaks Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 4:34 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
exact33 wrote:

I havent been tracking with the guy at all or the situation really but I actually think its hella realistic for someone to want to defame him with sex crime accusations at this point.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

Wikileaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wikileaks   Wikileaks Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 7:14 pm

if they are so worried, why put anything in print ???????????? sheeesn

The King
exact33

Wikileaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wikileaks   Wikileaks Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 10:12 pm

Stender wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
exact33 wrote:

I havent been tracking with the guy at all or the situation really but I actually think its hella realistic for someone to want to defame him with sex crime accusations at this point.

I believe the accusations preceeded the wikileaks. He just wasnt famous enough for anyone to care.

SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

Wikileaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wikileaks   Wikileaks Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 6:48 am

[quote="TheNazgul"]
Quote :

UNCLE SAXON wrote:
totally agree.

+1
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

Wikileaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wikileaks   Wikileaks Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 11:10 am

I think Wikileaks is a good thing, even if it of course is stating the obvious, things most of us already know. The more it gets out in the open , the better. Just look at the way governments and the money people behind our puppet politicians reacts to it, doesn`t that tell that they are a bit shaken by Wikileaks?
I dont understand why there is so much focus here on the man fronting Wikileaks, he`s of no importance but people seems to either praise or hate Assange, that is just pointless to me. Maybe he put it a bit on him self by acting like some mysterious pop star celebrity?
Or maybe acting like that is nessecery to get attention in the media today?
The argument that he should be charged because the documents are stolen, just falls flat IMO. Is it ok for our governments to screw the people, as long as we don`t know about it?
If someone leakes documents that could prevent say a terror attack, would you through that someone in jail just because the documents was stolen?
As for censorship, yeah it blows in most caces but not always IMO. I think it is correct that there are laws and censorship when it comes to certain isms, racism, nazism and Huey Lewis should also be censored from any radio near me Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
exact33
The King
exact33

Wikileaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wikileaks   Wikileaks Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 12:43 pm

Olafsto wrote:
I think Wikileaks is a good thing, even if it of course is stating the obvious, things most of us already know. The more it gets out in the open , the better. Just look at the way governments and the money people behind our puppet politicians reacts to it, doesn`t that tell that they are a bit shaken by Wikileaks?
I dont understand why there is so much focus here on the man fronting Wikileaks, he`s of no importance but people seems to either praise or hate Assange, that is just pointless to me. Maybe he put it a bit on him self by acting like some mysterious pop star celebrity?
The argument that he should be charged because the documents are stolen, just falls flat IMO. Is it ok for our governments to screw the people, as long as we don`t know about it?
If someone leakes documents that could prevent say a terror attack, would you through that someone in jail just because the documents was stolen?
As for censorship, yeah it blows in most caces but not always IMO. I think it is correct that there are laws and censorship when it comes to certain isms, racism, nazism and Huey Lewis should also be censored from any radio near me Smile

There is a fair and ordered way to FOIA documents without having to steal them and publish without approval. Assange put lives in danger and I think he ought to be held responsible for it. The amusing thing is now that the leaks are happening to him - he is complaining....

Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Wikileaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wikileaks   Wikileaks Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 1:05 pm

exact33 wrote:
Olafsto wrote:

There is a fair and ordered way to FOIA documents without having to steal them and publish without approval. Assange put lives in danger and I think he ought to be held responsible for it. The amusing thing is now that the leaks are happening to him - he is complaining....

I think that crooked figurehead politicians put their OWN lifes in danger when they lie...not to mention everyone elses. If our govt. was transparent than "terrorist slanderers" like assange would have nothing to share. Its really realy sad to me that people demonize assange for "stealing" information but they are cool with thousands of american deaths (and counting) in a bullsh!t war over oil. Dosnt make any sense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wikileaks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wikileaks   Wikileaks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wikileaks
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: