Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dream Deceivers: The Story of James Vance vs. Judas Priest

Go down 
+6
Lurideath
Fat Freddy
spiritoradio
mc666
Required Fields
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

Dream Deceivers: The Story of James Vance vs. Judas Priest Empty
PostSubject: Dream Deceivers: The Story of James Vance vs. Judas Priest   Dream Deceivers: The Story of James Vance vs. Judas Priest Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 7:57 pm

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-5636910946432086857&q=dream+deceivers

This details the case in which Judas Priest was sued for having "subliminal messages" in their music. It's a very interesting watch for metal fans. Overall, it is unbiased (that's a good thing, as most things of this sort are vehemently anti-metal), and the mother of the victims made themselves look really bad. Worth a look.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Dream Deceivers: The Story of James Vance vs. Judas Priest   Dream Deceivers: The Story of James Vance vs. Judas Priest Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 1:01 am

i remember this when it actually unfolded. i thought it was stupid then & stupid now. thanks for the video though RF Smile

spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Dream Deceivers: The Story of James Vance vs. Judas Priest   Dream Deceivers: The Story of James Vance vs. Judas Priest Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 1:55 am

I just watched the whole thing, I wasn't going to because I have to work at 3:30 am and it is now 12:52 am, but I couldn't stop watching. What ridiculous allegations, that sucks that they had to be stupid and commit the act, but trying to sue the band when it is clearly the family life not to mention the teens themselves is just utterly dumb Mad . Anyway thanks for the link.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: Dream Deceivers: The Story of James Vance vs. Judas Priest   Dream Deceivers: The Story of James Vance vs. Judas Priest Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 12:07 pm

Interesting. Why does todays society always have to look for someone else to blame (like suing McDonalds because you eat 3 Big Macs a day and are obese.They're not forcing you to eat there !)
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Dream Deceivers: The Story of James Vance vs. Judas Priest   Dream Deceivers: The Story of James Vance vs. Judas Priest Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 8:46 pm

mc666 wrote:
i remember this when it actually unfolded. i thought it was stupid then & stupid now. thanks for the video though RF Smile

Yeah, it's always stupid.

They blame Priest.
They blame Ozzy.
They blame Slayer.
They blame metal for everything.

How come they don't blame country music for anything? That's not fair.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dream Deceivers: The Story of James Vance vs. Judas Priest   Dream Deceivers: The Story of James Vance vs. Judas Priest Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 8:54 pm

Can this be burnt onto a disc ?

Me wants to see it. (feckin, slow ass Dial up)
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Dream Deceivers: The Story of James Vance vs. Judas Priest   Dream Deceivers: The Story of James Vance vs. Judas Priest Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 4:13 pm

I saw this movie in a theatre in NYC (it was part of an independent film festival) in 1993 or '94, don't remember the exact year now. I wore a Judas Priest shirt for the occasion and I remember getting dirty looks from all the indie-film snobs in the theater when I walked down the aisle. Wink I haven't seen it since then, is it available on video? I'm surprised VH1 or somebody hasn't picked it up by now.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Dream Deceivers: The Story of James Vance vs. Judas Priest   Dream Deceivers: The Story of James Vance vs. Judas Priest Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 8:28 pm

There are VHS copies that show up on eBay now and then. I think there may be bootleg DVDs as well.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Dream Deceivers: The Story of James Vance vs. Judas Priest   Dream Deceivers: The Story of James Vance vs. Judas Priest Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 11:33 pm

Thanks man! I have always wanted to see this!! This is killer. I remember when all this went down too. I was so mad that JP was blamed because this same thing had just happened to Ozzy a few years prior. Those kids were messed up, and the parents.... WOW! Messed up!

Those 2 guys and I do have something in common though. Their parents were the same as mine were about the music in being anti-metal. They tried to kill themselves, I tried to kill my ex-stepmother.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Dream Deceivers: The Story of James Vance vs. Judas Priest   Dream Deceivers: The Story of James Vance vs. Judas Priest Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2007 9:50 am

That was an incredibly interesting, albeit sad, commentary. It's sad that those parents refused to take ANY responsibility in their kids lives.

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4602

PostSubject: Re: Dream Deceivers: The Story of James Vance vs. Judas Priest   Dream Deceivers: The Story of James Vance vs. Judas Priest Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2007 10:29 am

Quote :
It's sad that those parents refused to take ANY responsibility in their kids lives.

Sad, but not surprising in any way. Typical of society.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Dream Deceivers: The Story of James Vance vs. Judas Priest   Dream Deceivers: The Story of James Vance vs. Judas Priest Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2007 11:10 am

yeah,they could blame country for depressing people,divorce,or alot of other boring crap they sing about:)
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Dream Deceivers: The Story of James Vance vs. Judas Priest   Dream Deceivers: The Story of James Vance vs. Judas Priest Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2007 11:51 am

Wow , lawyer of Priest got her good in the end. Way to go, couldn't take the blame themselves.

Good video.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dream Deceivers: The Story of James Vance vs. Judas Priest   Dream Deceivers: The Story of James Vance vs. Judas Priest Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dream Deceivers: The Story of James Vance vs. Judas Priest
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: