Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Intense Millennium Records presents Undercover and Ransom

Go down 
+6
thejokeriv
James B.
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
Stender
BillRoxx
10 posters
AuthorMessage
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

Intense Millennium Records presents Undercover and Ransom Empty
PostSubject: Intense Millennium Records presents Undercover and Ransom   Intense Millennium Records presents Undercover and Ransom Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 9:47 pm

INTENSE MILLENNIUM RECORDS PRESS RELEASE
NOVEMBER 17TH 2010

INTENSE MILLENNIUM RECORDS makes changes to first quarter release schedule

Intense Millennium Records continues to expand in the market place as we have sought to grow our distribution outlets and get our releases out to an even wider audience then we have ever reached before! Our first 5 titles have now been officially released all over the world and have been getting rave reviews. We have been struggling through a lot of growing pains in our efforts to bring you, the listener, the best possible releases and listening experience that we can. As a result of this growth and our new distribution agreements we are in a position where we need to make some quick changes to our first quarter releases.

Originally announced for release in January 2011 was Bloodgood's "Rock in a Hard Place" and Sacred Warrior's "Master's Command". These titles will now be moved to a later time in 2011. All those that pre-ordered these titles will be contacted directly with options for credit, refund or exchange for the new titles.

We are very excited to announce our brand new January 2011 releases celebrating seminal anniversaries of two great classic Christian Rock bands:

Los Angeles based Ransom's debut self-titled album. This release will celebrate the 20th anniversary of this often over looked commercial metal album. Featuring the amazing female vocals of front woman Lisa Faxon and shredding guitars of Tony Ortiz. For fans of bands along the lines of Lita Ford, Ratt, Stryper, and Dokken. "Ransom" will be remastered, and feature the bands 1988 demo "Once And For All" as bonus tracks.

Southern California's classic punk/alternative band Undercover's 1986 critically acclaimed album "Branded". "Branded" has never before been released on CD as a stand alone album, and the albums 25th anniversary is the perfect time for it to be it's first complete with exclusive bonus tracks. 1986's Branded took Undercover in a slightly different direction with keyboard-laden melodies and darker, more introspective lyrics. In "Pilate", sung from the point of view of Pontius Pilate, the persona struggles with the guilt of having crucified Jesus, confessing, "I killed him, I killed him after all." Other song titles on this album were "Cry Myself to Sleep" and "Darkest Hour." Branded marked a turning point for the band, as on future releases it would continue to explore aspects of Christian life not frequently addressed by the CCM musicians who were finding increasing acceptance on secular airwaves and with secular audiences.

Both Ransom and Undercover albums will be released on January 25th. A preorder for both titles will begin in the coming days.

Additional changes in the release schedule is moving February's scheduled releases, Vengeance Rising's "Destruction Comes" and Deliverance's "What a Joke" to March.

Keep up to date on the latest INTENSE MILLENNIUM RECORDS news via our website at http://www.intensemillennium.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records presents Undercover and Ransom   Intense Millennium Records presents Undercover and Ransom Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 10:32 pm

So ransom was only released on tape and vinyl originally?
Back to top Go down
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records presents Undercover and Ransom   Intense Millennium Records presents Undercover and Ransom Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 12:23 am

Hey Stender,

No it was on cd! But hard to come by today!

Undercover 'Branded' was only on vinyl and cassette.
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records presents Undercover and Ransom   Intense Millennium Records presents Undercover and Ransom Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 8:28 am

I have an original CD release of Ransom. It's a good album IMO. Love Lisa Faxom's vox.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records presents Undercover and Ransom   Intense Millennium Records presents Undercover and Ransom Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 8:42 am

Cool about Ransom. I only ever heard the song "Lasting Love" on the "HOT METAL 4" compilation video, never got around to buying the album. Good stuff though, would like to hear the rest.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12632

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records presents Undercover and Ransom   Intense Millennium Records presents Undercover and Ransom Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 10:44 am

Lisa was really a big nerd, but that girl could sing.

I played in a band called First Aid with her right before the Sanctuary thing happened and Ransom came to be.

My favorite Ransom tune is probably "Fallen Angel" or "Prayer Asylum"

thanks for doing this Mr. Bill....you Rock

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records presents Undercover and Ransom   Intense Millennium Records presents Undercover and Ransom Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 11:15 am

James B. wrote:

I played in a band called First Aid with her right before the Sanctuary thing happened and Ransom came to be.

Did she look that hot in real life?

As far as Undercover, Balance Of Power is their BEST album by far!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records presents Undercover and Ransom   Intense Millennium Records presents Undercover and Ransom Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 11:48 am

I liked that Branded album back in the day, reminded me a little of The Cult. Not sure how it would hold up now.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records presents Undercover and Ransom   Intense Millennium Records presents Undercover and Ransom Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 8:39 pm

Cool, an opportunity to upgrade from my tape which I don't listen to much anymore do to all my tape players getting too old and my dependence on my MP3 players.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records presents Undercover and Ransom   Intense Millennium Records presents Undercover and Ransom Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 8:45 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Did she look that hot in real life?!

Never really noticed Laughing very hard

Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records presents Undercover and Ransom   Intense Millennium Records presents Undercover and Ransom Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 11:48 pm

I have the first Ransom CD as well. Good stuff. It's been a while since I gave it a spin. I'm tempted to get the remaster.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records presents Undercover and Ransom   Intense Millennium Records presents Undercover and Ransom Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 7:54 am

James B. wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

LOL!!!! Well, back in the day I would have loved to give her some "lasting love" to remember Wink

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records presents Undercover and Ransom   Intense Millennium Records presents Undercover and Ransom Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 8:47 am

thejokeriv wrote:
James B. wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

LOL!!!! Well, back in the day I would have loved to give her some "lasting love" to remember Wink

She looked better (IMHO) before that MTV image pushed by Santcuary church/Regency Records. Was a looker without being made up and one heck of a bowler.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records presents Undercover and Ransom   Intense Millennium Records presents Undercover and Ransom Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 6:11 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

It's the only album by Undercover that I'll listen to. It's a good one.
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records presents Undercover and Ransom   Intense Millennium Records presents Undercover and Ransom Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 3:22 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
James B. wrote:

Did she look that hot in real life?

"Balance of Power" is great, to be sure, but I think "Branded" is probably their finest hour - VERY STOKED about that re-issue! Also will be good to get Ransom's debut back out there again, though I prefer the bluesier follow-up "Soul Asylum".
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records presents Undercover and Ransom   Intense Millennium Records presents Undercover and Ransom Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Intense Millennium Records presents Undercover and Ransom
Page 1 of 1