Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Battlelore - Doombound

Go down 
+4
scottmitchell74
Wargod
nevermore
Eyesore
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Battlelore - Doombound Empty
PostSubject: Battlelore - Doombound   Battlelore - Doombound Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 12:09 pm

I can't wait for this one. Such an outstanding band!

Quote :
Finnish fantasy metallers BATTLELORE have completed work on their sixth full-length album, "Doombound", featuring 11 new songs, one of which is instrumental. The band's first conceptual effort features lyrics which "tell the story of J.R.R. Tolkien's tragic hero Túrin Turambar and his kin," according to a press release. "One of the songs is sung completely in Finnish in appreciation to BATTLELORE's beautiful home country Finland and Kalevala, the national Finnish epic. The songs themselves are more dynamic, atmospheric and epic than ever before — prepare for the ultimate music experience and a life-long journey through the eyes of a fallen hero!"

As was the case with previous BATTLELORE albums, there will be a jewel-case edition of "Doombound" and a special limited-edition digipack including some rare material. This time around the extra material is more special than ever before — as a "thank you" to all BATTLELORE fans and followers for their enormous support over the past 10 years, the band has compiled a bonus DVD from their personal archives. "10 Years Of Battlelore" includes footage from two live shows, two tour videos, a huge photo gallery and all of BATTLELORE's music videos. The band comments, "This is the kind of material of us that has never been seen before. We wanted our fans to see, how much their support means to us and what being a part of the 'BATTLELORE family' is really like. Enjoy, we sure have!"

"Doombound" track listing:

01. Bloodstained
02. Iron of Death
03. Bow and Helm
04. Enchanted
05. Kärmessurma
06. Olden Gods
07. Fate of the Betrayed
08. Men as Wolves
09. Last of the Lords
10. Doombound
11. Kielo (instrumental)

"Doombound" release dates:

Europe: January 28, 2011
USA: February 8, 2011

BATTLELORE's last album, "The Last Alliance", entered the official chart in Finland at position No. 26. The CD was released in North America in October 2008 via Napalm Records. It was recorded at Sound Supreme Studios in Hämeenlinna, Finland, with producer Janne Saksa and was mixed and mastered by the Swedish multi-instrumentalist and producer Dan Swanö (EDGE OF SANITY, NIGHTINGALE, ex-BLOODBATH).

Battlelore - Doombound Battledoom

Battlelore - Doombound Battleloreband
Battlelore - Doombound 11840
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Battlelore - Doombound   Battlelore - Doombound Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 3:05 pm

I've never heard this band.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Battlelore - Doombound   Battlelore - Doombound Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 4:25 pm

nevermore wrote:
I've never heard this band.
No?

My favorite song of theirs. They have some pretty sweet videos, too.

headbanger
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Battlelore - Doombound   Battlelore - Doombound Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 8:33 pm

They are hit or miss with me.

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Battlelore - Doombound   Battlelore - Doombound Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 1:30 pm

They're a great band. I love their sound.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Battlelore - Doombound   Battlelore - Doombound Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 7:13 pm

Thanks for posting that. Not bad. I'll check out some more by them.
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: Battlelore - Doombound   Battlelore - Doombound Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 12:41 am

I like them. Sorta of Medieval Metal if you will.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Battlelore - Doombound   Battlelore - Doombound Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 12:29 pm

I might have to check these guys out. But, Eyesore, next time don't post the band photo. It almost made me not want to listen to the links! Razz
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Battlelore - Doombound   Battlelore - Doombound Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 12:47 pm

Great Band, Great cover!

I loved the samples
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Battlelore - Doombound   Battlelore - Doombound Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 1:16 pm

Joe wrote:
I might have to check these guys out. But, Eyesore, next time don't post the band photo. It almost made me not want to listen to the links! Razz
Just focus on the hot chicks.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Battlelore - Doombound   Battlelore - Doombound Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 1:31 pm

I like them though I don't listen to them that often. However, everytime I see a used CD from them I will grab it (mainly because they are pretty rare finds in those places).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Battlelore - Doombound   Battlelore - Doombound Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 12:04 am

Awesome!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battlelore - Doombound   Battlelore - Doombound Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battlelore - Doombound
Page 1 of 1