Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Legendary film producer Dino De Laurentiis dies

Go down 
+9
Leatherface
adrian
Joe
tohostudios
nevermore
MetalGuy71
DeathCult
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Legendary film producer Dino De Laurentiis dies  Empty
PostSubject: Legendary film producer Dino De Laurentiis dies    Legendary film producer Dino De Laurentiis dies  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 12:56 pm

Legendary film producer Dino De Laurentiis has died in Los Angeles, according to several Italian media reports. He was 91. He produced more than 500 films, and won two Oscars -- one in 1956 for Federico Fellini's "La Strada," another in 1957 for "Nights of Cabiria." "Cinema has lost one of its greats," Walter Veltroni, former mayor of Rome and founder the Rome Film Festival, said in a statement to Agence France-Press on Thursday.

Shame to hear of this, he was one of the biggies in Hollywood in the '70s and '80s. His name's on a lot of great stuff.

Plus his granddaughter Giada De Laurentiis of Food Network fame is a hottie. Wish I could be there to console her in her time of grief.

Legendary film producer Dino De Laurentiis dies  Giada-De-Laurentiis-1184862-small

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Legendary film producer Dino De Laurentiis dies    Legendary film producer Dino De Laurentiis dies  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 2:17 pm

You are forgetting one of his most important works, Flash Gordon!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Legendary film producer Dino De Laurentiis dies    Legendary film producer Dino De Laurentiis dies  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 2:24 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

Who would you rather look at? This guy, or Giada?

Legendary film producer Dino De Laurentiis dies  SamJones

No further questions, your honor.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Legendary film producer Dino De Laurentiis dies    Legendary film producer Dino De Laurentiis dies  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 2:45 pm

Damn shame, one of my favorite producers, his company did alot of my favorites. And yes, I wish I was there to console her, that chick's my favorite cook Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Legendary film producer Dino De Laurentiis dies    Legendary film producer Dino De Laurentiis dies  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 3:03 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

No, Giada of course!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Legendary film producer Dino De Laurentiis dies    Legendary film producer Dino De Laurentiis dies  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 3:04 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Is that your signed fan photo? LOL!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Legendary film producer Dino De Laurentiis dies    Legendary film producer Dino De Laurentiis dies  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 3:33 pm

Didin't know that he and Giada were related. Cool.

RIP. He made some great movies.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Legendary film producer Dino De Laurentiis dies    Legendary film producer Dino De Laurentiis dies  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 6:32 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Legendary film producer Dino De Laurentiis has died in Los Angeles, according to several Italian media reports. He was 91. He produced more than 500 films, and won two Oscars -- one in 1956 for Federico Fellini's "La Strada," another in 1957 for "Nights of Cabiria." "Cinema has lost one of its greats," Walter Veltroni, former mayor of Rome and founder the Rome Film Festival, said in a statement to Agence France-Press on Thursday.

Shame to hear of this, he was one of the biggies in Hollywood in the '70s and '80s. His name's on a lot of great stuff.

Plus his granddaughter Giada De Laurentiis of Food Network fame is a hottie. Wish I could be there to console her in her time of grief.

Legendary film producer Dino De Laurentiis dies  Giada-De-Laurentiis-1184862-small

She is a beauty!!!

R.I.P. Dino
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Legendary film producer Dino De Laurentiis dies    Legendary film producer Dino De Laurentiis dies  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 6:41 pm

I remember when he was remaking King Kong ('76 was it?) and his comment that people were going to cry when his Kong died.

Well, it didn't quite measure up to that but I loved Jessica Lange in the Fay Wray role.

RIP Dino. Quite a cinematic legacy.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Legendary film producer Dino De Laurentiis dies    Legendary film producer Dino De Laurentiis dies  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 7:34 pm

tohostudios wrote:

Well, it didn't quite measure up to that but I loved Jessica Lange in the Fay Wray role.

She was hot back in the day, and that role is what I remember her the most for.

And, Flash Gordon is awesome!!! All corny, campy, and cheesiness of it!

RIP Dino
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Legendary film producer Dino De Laurentiis dies    Legendary film producer Dino De Laurentiis dies  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 8:02 pm

Also he was involved with Dune, Conan, and Army of Darkness. I liked all of those.

RIP
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Legendary film producer Dino De Laurentiis dies    Legendary film producer Dino De Laurentiis dies  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 8:54 pm

adrian wrote:
Also he was involved with Dune, Conan, and Army of Darkness. I liked all of those.

RIP

And Blue Velvet
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Legendary film producer Dino De Laurentiis dies    Legendary film producer Dino De Laurentiis dies  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 10:09 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I remember when he was remaking King Kong ('76 was it?) and his comment that people were going to cry when his Kong died.

Oh yeah, Jessica Lange was fiiiiiine in that. Loved that version of "Kong" when I was a kid. To this day, the scene that's always stuck with me is the shot of Charles Grodin about to be squashed by Kong's giant foot. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Legendary film producer Dino De Laurentiis dies    Legendary film producer Dino De Laurentiis dies  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 11:29 pm

RIP.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Legendary film producer Dino De Laurentiis dies    Legendary film producer Dino De Laurentiis dies  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 12:41 pm

RIP
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Legendary film producer Dino De Laurentiis dies    Legendary film producer Dino De Laurentiis dies  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 1:19 pm

tohostudios wrote:

"When monkey die, the audience cries!"
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Legendary film producer Dino De Laurentiis dies    Legendary film producer Dino De Laurentiis dies  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 8:42 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
adrian wrote:

RIP

And Blue Velvet

And...MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE headbanger

Legendary film producer Dino De Laurentiis dies  Poster_maxover_video2
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Legendary film producer Dino De Laurentiis dies    Legendary film producer Dino De Laurentiis dies  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 9:21 pm

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Legendary film producer Dino De Laurentiis dies    Legendary film producer Dino De Laurentiis dies  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 5:05 pm

He was a great producer... RIP.

But his granddaughter is a Bobblehead / T Rex.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Legendary film producer Dino De Laurentiis dies    Legendary film producer Dino De Laurentiis dies  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Legendary film producer Dino De Laurentiis dies
Page 1 of 1