Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Yet further proof....

Go down 
+11
exact33
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
manny
Thrasher73
DeathCult
ultmetal
mc666
GrandNational
Required Fields
Stender
15 posters
AuthorMessage

Yet further proof.... Empty
PostSubject: Yet further proof....   Yet further proof.... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 8:04 pm

....of what a complete and utter douche Danzig is [worked out awesome for me, as there was no way I was staying for his set anyways! Uncle Saxon 1 - Danzig -many fans]:

"Want to piss off a venue, other bands you are touring with, and a lot of fans as quickly and efficiently as possible? Pull the same stunt Glenn Danzig did last night at the Cabooze.

While there’s no official account of what happened, according to the Cabooze Danzig’s set was canceled an hour before the 6pm showtime. It was such late notice that the venue wasn’t able to get the word out that Danzig wasn’t playing, that the rest of the bands were still going on, and that the show was going to be free and tickets refunded.
Someone from the Cabooze also told me that the cancellation was due to the fact that Danzig “didn’t like the place” and the stage was too small. A discussion at metalsetlists.com mentions that Danzig has stage size requirements in his booking contract, and that it would be the promoters responsibility to make sure the contract guidelines are met. The tour and promotions haven’t yet released statements."

http://www.secretsofthecity.com/mnspeak/danzig-causes-drama-at-cabooze
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Yet further proof....   Yet further proof.... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 8:15 pm

What?? he needs adequate venue size for his porportionate ego...you dont understand his needs.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

PostSubject: Re: Yet further proof....   Yet further proof.... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 8:16 pm

Wow, he comes off as a total douchebag there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Yet further proof....   Yet further proof.... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 8:18 pm

Stender wrote:
What?? he needs adequate venue size for his porportionate ego...you dont understand his needs.

According to the ladies, his ego is only huge because he's lacking in a certain manly department and needs to make himself feel better.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Yet further proof....   Yet further proof.... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 9:41 pm

if that rumor of why he canceled is true, then way to pull a Blackie Lawless.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Yet further proof....   Yet further proof.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 8:10 am

I'm no Danzig fan, but I wonder if his stage setup requires a certain size stage.

What bands opened up the show Saxon?

PostSubject: Re: Yet further proof....   Yet further proof.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 11:19 am

ultmetal wrote:
I'm no Danzig fan, but I wonder if his stage setup requires a certain size stage.

What bands opened up the show Saxon?

It is not a tiny stage. I have seen bands like the Wailers where they have 11 members on stage and they do fine. Regardless, Danzig could have made the best of it for the sake of his fans.

Openers: Toxic Holocaust, Marduk, and Possessed. Toxic shredded the universe! Marduk was silly. And I only stayed for a couple of Possessed tunes as the nazis showed up in force and were starting trouble and I told my girlfriend that I would not get into any fights.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Yet further proof....   Yet further proof.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 11:24 am

Hmm, a headlining Possessed show, that would've been pretty badass.

Danzig's a dick.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Yet further proof....   Yet further proof.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 11:46 am

Why does such a small guy need such a large stage? Razz

Anyway,would've loved to seen Toxic Holocaust!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Yet further proof....   Yet further proof.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 12:00 pm

UNCLE SAXON wrote:
Toxic Holocaust and Possessed

Yet further proof.... 11840

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Yet further proof....   Yet further proof.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 12:52 pm

I would love to have seen Possessed, I still like Danzig but what a turd!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Yet further proof....   Yet further proof.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 12:54 pm

Glenn must've heard the Northside Kings guy wanted another shot at him.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Yet further proof....   Yet further proof.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 12:58 pm

manny wrote:
I would love to have seen Possessed!

Yeah. Don't care that much about the rest.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Yet further proof....   Yet further proof.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 2:02 pm

I guess size really does matter...

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Yet further proof....   Yet further proof.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 2:20 pm

Statements released, sort of:

DANZIG frontman and namesake has commented on the cancelation of the band's November 9, 2010 concert at the Cabooze in Minneapolis, Minnesota as part of the "Blackest Of The Black" tour. The show was reportedly called off an hour before the 6 p.m. showtime, with the rest of the bands on the bill — POSSESSED, MARDUK, TOXIC HOLOCAUST and WITHERED — going ahead and performing their scheduled sets.

Although there had been no official statement from the DANZIG camp regarding the cancelation, someone from the Cabooze told Secrets Of The City that the show was called off due to the fact that Glenn Danzig thought the stage at the venue was "too small."

When asked about the reasons for the Minneapolis cancelation during yesterday's (Wednesday, November 10) interview on Fargo, North Dakota's KQWB-FM (Q98 Rocks) station, Danzig replied, "Basically, we couldn't do our show there, but we had the other bands play . . . We tried to make it work, but at the end of the day it was a production call."

An audio recording of Glenn's comments on the Minneapolis cancelation can be streamed using the Soundcloud player below.

Meanwhile, the Gimme Noise blog spoke to Michelle Metz at the Cabooze to get the venue's side of the story as to why DANZIG's performance was scrapped.

"[Glenn's] version was that the ceiling wasn't high enough," Michelle said. She added, "I gotta say, in all my years here I've never heard of that excuse if you're gonna use one. . . . Frankly I thought it was all about rock 'n roll. I had no idea it had to do with the fuckin' 15-foot ceilings. We lost several thousand dollars we're never gonna recoup, between the hospitality, the ads, the runners, the people to pick up at the airport, the this, the that. . . I don't know if the room wasn't big enough for his ego or...I don't know where he was coming from with the ceiling thing. He's too old to do gymnastics, I didn't get it. I can't even wrap my head around it. It's so convoluted. It's disheartening. The whole thing is just sad. We're trying to recoup some of our losses here and we don't know where to start or stop. We tried everything to make the guy comfortable and it just wasn't working."
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Yet further proof....   Yet further proof.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 2:26 pm

Quote :
I don't know where he was coming from with the ceiling thing. He's too old to do gymnastics

Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Yet further proof....   Yet further proof.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 2:38 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
manny wrote:

I dunno man, Toxic Holocaust is pretty damn rockin'
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Yet further proof....   Yet further proof.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 2:53 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
I don't know where he was coming from with the ceiling thing. He's too old to do gymnastics

Laughing very hard

I would have given Danzig a measuring stick and made him go out there and prove the venue was too short or not long enough...

PostSubject: Re: Yet further proof....   Yet further proof.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 3:16 pm

I didn't need any further proof, I've been convinced that he's an asshat for a LONG time now.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Yet further proof....   Yet further proof.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 3:47 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
manny wrote:

so is Marduk

PostSubject: Re: Yet further proof....   Yet further proof.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 6:02 pm

mc666 wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
manny wrote:

so is Marduk

Ahahahahahahahahahaha. And you think Prince is lame!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

PostSubject: Re: Yet further proof....   Yet further proof.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 6:34 pm

mc666 wrote:
if that rumor of why he canceled is true, then way to pull a Blackie Lawless.

lol! Exactly!!
Back to top Go down
troublemagnet
Metal Conspiracist

Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: Yet further proof....   Yet further proof.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 7:27 pm

I just saw Danzig a couple days before this cancelation in Buffalo NY.I got to see thirty seconds of Toxic Holocaust's set before it ended due to Buffalo's extremely retarded parking conditions downtown. I thought Danzig was a joke,his set was way too short (like him) and boring. He's just too corny for me. Marduk sucked big time, Possessed is nothing more than Jeff Becerra's wheelchair Olympics with his back-up band,Sadistic Intent.Every one's entitled to their own opinions, but seeing this handicapped fool chanting "666!" "666!" looked pretty stupid to me. At least Joel signed my "Hell On Earth" cd booklet so it wasn't a complete waste.What a waste of money, almost as bad as that Anvil show.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Yet further proof....   Yet further proof.... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 12:45 am

Never liked Danzing anyways
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yet further proof....   Yet further proof.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yet further proof....
Page 1 of 1