Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Water Rising

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Black Water Rising Empty
PostSubject: Black Water Rising?   Black Water Rising Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 11:20 am

Anyone know this band? Hailing from Brooklyn, NY and releasing their debut cd in March. Maybe not everyones cup of tea but I like this style kinda in the Brother Cane vibe.

BLACK WATER RISING is a collection of soul baring, angst ridden, riff heavy material that is proudly anchored in the foundations of traditional Hard Rock song writing. Giant guitar driven monster riffs served up on a bed of crushing grooves with soaring melodic vocals and big hooks. Basically, NO FRILLS RIFF ROCK! Lyrically the message is socially and politically driven by the dark times we live in. With darkness seemingly growing by the day, BLACK WATER RISING is a name that fits this band like a glove. The philosophy of BWR is simple, they are not looking to reinvent the wheel, they just want to give it a much needed alignment in these musically stale times. Enough ox manur! Crank up your speakers, sit back, spark a bat, and let the music tell the rest of the story...

www.myspace.com/blackwaterrising

Wargod51

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Black Water Rising Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Water Rising   Black Water Rising Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 11:33 am

Great modern rock band, or whatever you want to call it. I have their Brother Go On EP and it's excellent. Band members come from some good bands, too: Stereomud, Boiler Room, and...40 Below Summer, maybe? Can't remember. Good band either way.

I'm not sure BWR is much like Brother Cane, though. I think they're a little too heavy for that distinction.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Black Water Rising Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Water Rising   Black Water Rising Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 11:35 am

Here's a video (didn't know they made one):

Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Black Water Rising Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Water Rising   Black Water Rising Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 11:54 am

I hear bits and pieces of BC in it. And yes a bit heavier than BC. I love vid!

Wargod51
Back to top Go down

Black Water Rising Empty
PostSubject: Black Water Rising   Black Water Rising Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 6:54 pm

Another one of those bands with tons of groove mixing some Sabbath with some Skynyrd and a little BLS. Did I say groove, man this thing leaves tire treads.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Black Water Rising Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Water Rising   Black Water Rising Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 11:54 am

I've seen their album pop-up as an Amazon recommendation, but didn't give them a notice. I went back and played some samples and thought it sounded pretty decent. Better that I expected actually. If I saw it cheap I'd considder it.

Black Water Rising Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Water Rising   Black Water Rising Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 12:10 pm

That's how I picked it up, cheap and I didn't have real high expectations so that helped.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Black Water Rising Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Water Rising   Black Water Rising Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Water Rising
Page 1 of 1