Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Download 2007

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Download 2007 Empty
PostSubject: Download 2007   Download 2007 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 4:44 pm

Bands I saw (in order):

Hinder - good performace of terrible radio rock that is jaded and cliched. They got booed and the whole crowd was chanting MEGA-DETH, MEGA-DETH!!!! which was quite funny

Megadeth - amazing performance of all the classic tunes and three new ones. Awesome Holy Wars/ mechanix medley made my day. One of the performances of the weekend and one of the most anticipated

Dragonforce - techinally brilliant but just gets boring after a while - na its gets boring in about five minutes. Their stuff does not come over well live either

Porcupine Tree - really good playing of their complex prog with lashings of metal thrown in. Only saw two songs and am not familar with this band really

Paramore - shitty pop-punk rubbish which i lost my phone while watching.

Enter Shikari - surprisingly good for a band i would not have usually considered checking out.

Velvet Revolver - Slash was amazing. Did not see the entire set but managed to catch a cover of a gnr song (cant remember which) that pawned the new lineup of gnr

My Chemical Romance - got bottled the hell out of. Wrong band at the wrong time at the wrong place despite solid live performance that saw them cut short by twenty minutes

Hellyeah - Vinnies drumming was amazing but were actually quite shambolic if enjoyable. Could have been down to poor sound quality but they were a fun way to start the second day

Shadows Fall - good dread flailing from the singer but failed to really make an impact due to a performace that lacked energy

Aiden - got bottled again like last year and were smurf poo - the singer sounded like a girl

30 seconds to mars - tedious radio-rock despite good show left people yawning

Bowling For Soup - amazing, they really surprised me. I aint keen on the music but they were funny and entertaining and i suppose watching bands you dont like is part of the festival spirit

Machine Head - amazingly good run through of some new smurf poo and the classics of Davidian, Old and Imperium. Vocals kept phasing in and out however but that was the only problem

Slayer - hard act to follow even though they are Slayer. Lost marks for ommiting Angel of Death but tore the place a new arse-hole anyway and still played all the other classics

Marilyn Manson - bland performance pepped up by the theatrical elements of the set that were supposed to compensate for the postruring.

Linkin Park - proficient but souless run through of the hits and the new stuff. Their music is terrible anyway but the crowd seemed to love them

Chimaira - heavy as hell and got the mainstage off to a convincing start for the Saturday. did not see all the set and cant really comment on the music as i aint very familiar with it

Papa Roach - Papa Roach - got a big crowd but the music is old and dated nu-metal that is as boring as it is jaded while the band were quite arrogant

Mastodon - the vocals were drowned out but a strong performance of their cave man rock was a crowd pleaser

Lamb of God - even the planes landing at the nearby airport could not drown out Lamb of God. Straight out of the traps with a brutal rendition of Laid to Rest followed by plenty of new stuff punctuated by Now youve got something to die for and rounded off by a dramatic Black Label. Amazing was the only word for it.

Stone Sour - standard melodic rock raised above its lowly station by a killer performance and was a crowd pleaser due to Corey Taylor of Slipknot fame handling the vox.

Killswitch Engage - a little sloppy perphaps due to a temporary replacement guitarist and they butchered the Dio classic "Holy Diver" but are a popular band here in England amongst metal fans and got a mass sing along for My Last Serenade. I used to be a big fan of this band but i have gone off them due to their new album crossing shiity metalcore with emo. err! Their older stuff was better though but i cant stand the guys voice

Dimmu Borgir - pure black metal pummeling. Watching Dimmu is like being hit around the head by a bass drum a billion times a second. It all sounded the same but it all sounded good.

Dream Theater - band of the weekend for me (besides Maiden) with an amazing 50 minutes of their melodic prog - metal inciting pits for awesome closer Pull Me Under which is their best song ever!

Setlist:
As I Am
Panic Attack
Constant Motion
The Dark Eternal Night
Endless Sacrifice
Pull Me Under

Iron Maiden - SCREAM FOR ME DONINGTON!! - that is the stuff of metal dreams my friends. No other band save Metallica has made Donington there stomping ground like iron Maiden

Different World
These Colours Don't Run
Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
Wrathchild
The Trooper
Children Of The Damned
The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
For The Greater Good Of God
Number Of The Beast
Fear Of The Dark
Run To The Hills
Iron Maiden
-----
2 Minutes To Midnight
The Evil That Men Do
Hallowed Be Thy Name

With an amazing setlist of old and new stuff they had the 80,000 strong audience in the palm of their hands singing back every word and raising the horns in salute. Apparently the show was filmed for a live dvd so that will be awesome!

Stop Press!! - apparently Iron Maiden will be hosting their own festival event next year. Where it is though remains a mystery
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Download 2007 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Download 2007   Download 2007 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 8:36 am

Apparently the allegded headliners for next year are foo fighters, muse and ac/dc which would be o so awesome
Back to top Go down

Download 2007
Page 1 of 1