Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Stone Cherry

Go down 
+4
ultmetal
SAHB Healer
manny
MetalGuy71
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Black Stone Cherry Empty
PostSubject: Black Stone Cherry   Black Stone Cherry Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 5:17 pm

I've just recently gotten into these guys and they really surprised me. Lot's of classic sound with some Soundgarden and BLS mixed in yet they retain their own style. The second album, Folklore and Superstition is more melodic and they show a lot of maturity. Anyone else into them?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Black Stone Cherry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Stone Cherry   Black Stone Cherry Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 5:36 pm

I've seen their name come up as recommendations on Amazon and checked out some clips. Sounded decent, but I wasn't blown away and thus hesitant to make a purchase.

I'm trying to be a little more selective with my spending these days. If I found a disc cheap enough I might give 'em a shot though.

Black Stone Cherry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Stone Cherry   Black Stone Cherry Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 8:59 pm

Yeah, I had some trade at this cool little shop in town and got both discs for $10.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Black Stone Cherry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Stone Cherry   Black Stone Cherry Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 10:42 pm

I love their two albums so far great Southern fried hard rock
Back to top Go down

Black Stone Cherry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Stone Cherry   Black Stone Cherry Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 11:23 pm

I had almost no expectations but heard them over the stereo and liked what I heard so.....
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Black Stone Cherry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Stone Cherry   Black Stone Cherry Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 2:26 am

Yeah, I like them a lot. I wasn't blown away when I first heard them- I figured they would get lost amongst all the retro bands I listen to- but they have grown on me and I now consider them a standout. They just do what they do and do it well.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Black Stone Cherry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Stone Cherry   Black Stone Cherry Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 8:28 am

I had their first album but it didn't really trip my trigger so I traded it off.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Black Stone Cherry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Stone Cherry   Black Stone Cherry Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 8:55 am

I like the first album but didnt care as much for the second.They're good ol Kentucky boys which is a plus for me Wink
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

Black Stone Cherry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Stone Cherry   Black Stone Cherry Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 10:21 pm

Pretty decent band, not terrible but not that great either.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Black Stone Cherry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Stone Cherry   Black Stone Cherry Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 4:49 am

So, this band is all the rage now. I see the name everywhere. Read an interview with them in Sweden Rock Magazine. Didn't know the members were all Christians.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

Black Stone Cherry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Stone Cherry   Black Stone Cherry Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 12:48 pm

kmorg wrote:
So, this band is all the rage now. I see the name everywhere. Read an interview with them in Sweden Rock Magazine. Didn't know the members were all Christians.
I didn't know that either, i'm glad they're not trying to shove their religion down people's throats. I got nothing against Christian rock(I like some Christian bands like Skillet), but some of those "Turn-Or-Burn" lyrics really "turn" me off(no pun intended) Bride is one of the worst offenders in that department IMO. Not the biggest fan of Deliverance or Rising Vengeance for that same reason.
Back to top Go down
Portharbor
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 11

Black Stone Cherry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Stone Cherry   Black Stone Cherry Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 6:28 pm

I didn't care much for them untill I saw them at rock on the range. Really digged the southern fried rock live.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Black Stone Cherry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Stone Cherry   Black Stone Cherry Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Stone Cherry
Page 1 of 1