Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dio Collectible Statue

Go down 
+5
exact33
ultmetal
manny
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
9 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Dio Collectible Statue Empty
PostSubject: Dio Collectible Statue   Dio Collectible Statue Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 11:41 am

I generally don't care for these things. They usually aren't that great looking and they are way over-priced. This one is not doing anything to help change that opinion. But it's going towards a good cause, so that's something I guess.

Quote :

KnuckleBonz will be releasing a limited edition statue of Ronnie James Dio in December.

It’s called the Ronnie James Dio Rock Iconz Statue, and is restricted to just 3000. Each one has been hand-painted and numbered, and comes with a certificate of authenticity. This has been created with official sanction, and a portion of all sales will go the Stand Up And Shout cancer charity, set up in Dio’s name.

Find out more at www.knucklebonz.com

Dio Collectible Statue Dio1

I'm not sure who that is, but it don't look like RJD to me.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Dio Collectible Statue   Dio Collectible Statue Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 11:51 am

List price is $115. Ouch!! No disrespect to RJD, but I'll pass.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Dio Collectible Statue   Dio Collectible Statue Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 12:15 pm

Knucklebone has sold a number of these statues and they are all that price range, and I will pass like I have passed on the Randy Rhoads, ted Nugent, and all the other ones.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Dio Collectible Statue   Dio Collectible Statue Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 12:21 pm

I'd love to have the Nugent one, but I don't have money to throw away.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Dio Collectible Statue   Dio Collectible Statue Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 12:27 pm

The only one that I've ever seen that I thought was kinda cool was the Slash statue, but yea, I don't have that kinda money to whizz away.

The Jimmy Page w/double neck guitar is kinda cool too.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Dio Collectible Statue   Dio Collectible Statue Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 12:35 pm

I have a bunch of KISS "Action Figures", all still in their boxes.

Here are three of my 12" Gene Simmons figures
Dio Collectible Statue IMG_0719

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Dio Collectible Statue   Dio Collectible Statue Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 1:02 pm

it would be better to build a RJD statue in the front yard...

nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: Dio Collectible Statue   Dio Collectible Statue Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 1:47 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I have a bunch of KISS "Action Figures", all still in their boxes.

Here are three of my 12" Gene Simmons figures
Dio Collectible Statue IMG_0719

Where did youget the Ace Frehley Dressed To Kill figure? I never knew those figures existed.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Dio Collectible Statue   Dio Collectible Statue Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 2:06 pm

This big fist figures? I'll have to look at them when I get home. My son has all four, I only have that one. They were "official" Kiss products.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Dio Collectible Statue   Dio Collectible Statue Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 3:00 pm

I have this Alice Cooper McFarlane statue that my brother gave me one year for Christmas...
Dio Collectible Statue 513kyKrLyJL._SS400_

I thought about collecting the whole series, but never bothered.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Dio Collectible Statue   Dio Collectible Statue Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 3:01 pm

I have that one as well.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Dio Collectible Statue   Dio Collectible Statue Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 3:11 pm

I have a collection of McFarlane rock action figures, KISS, Alice Cooper, Jim Morrison, Jimi hendrix, Janis Joplin, Metallica and few others, for a few years he was creating action figures based on hard rock musicians, all very cool
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Dio Collectible Statue   Dio Collectible Statue Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 8:35 am

manny wrote:
I have a collection of McFarlane rock action figures, KISS, Alice Cooper, Jim Morrison, Jimi hendrix, Janis Joplin, Metallica and few others, for a few years he was creating action figures based on hard rock musicians, all very cool

Do you have all the McFarlane KISS figures?

I think the Creatures of the Night series was the coolest. I wish they would have made a Vinnie Vincent figure.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Dio Collectible Statue   Dio Collectible Statue Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 8:38 am

ultmetal wrote:
manny wrote:

Do you have all the McFarlane KISS figures?

I think the Creatures of the Night series was the coolest. I wish they would have made a Vinnie Vincent figure.

No I have the first set of KISS figures and two of the Psycho Circus series.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Dio Collectible Statue   Dio Collectible Statue Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 4:08 am

Too expensive. and it doesn't look like Ronnie...
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Dio Collectible Statue   Dio Collectible Statue Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 6:32 am

That Ronnie status looks kind of terrible. The face is really quite off.

McFarlane statues as a whole are generally great quality. I have that Alice Cooper and an Ace Frehley. They're both rather great, especially the first.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Dio Collectible Statue   Dio Collectible Statue Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 1:41 pm

Doesn't even look like him!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dio Collectible Statue   Dio Collectible Statue Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dio Collectible Statue
Page 1 of 1