Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cryptic Writings

Go down 
+6
INVADERS
MetalRob331
Smindas
mc666
ryanmetalman
Gilbert
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Cryptic Writings Empty
PostSubject: Cryptic Writings   Cryptic Writings Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 12:42 am

A very underrated Megadeth album. Don't you agree?

It's one of my favourite thrash platters. VORTEX is simply awesome headbanger
Back to top Go down
ryanmetalman
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ryanmetalman

Number of posts : 274

Cryptic Writings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cryptic Writings   Cryptic Writings Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 2:25 am

I don't think I would ever call it thrash, but I do agree that this album is much underrated. I Like the whole album, but stand outs include: She Wolf, Secret Place, Sin, Trust, Use the Man, and like you...Vortex.
Cryptic Writings 506406
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Cryptic Writings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cryptic Writings   Cryptic Writings Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 3:31 am

i'm pretty sure there is a Megadeth discography thread.

Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Cryptic Writings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cryptic Writings   Cryptic Writings Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 3:59 am

I really like Cryptic Writings, but thrash it ain't. 'I'll Get Even' is one of my all time favourite Megadeth cuts.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Cryptic Writings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cryptic Writings   Cryptic Writings Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 4:20 am

This album to me is right up there with the best Megadeth albums... I"ll Get Even is one of my fav Deth songs ever....
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

Cryptic Writings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cryptic Writings   Cryptic Writings Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 5:23 am

I don't care much for the modern rocky type of songs, but i enjoy the faster songs like she-wolf, the disintergrators and vortex.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Cryptic Writings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cryptic Writings   Cryptic Writings Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 6:25 am

mc666 wrote:

As usual... Smile
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

Cryptic Writings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cryptic Writings   Cryptic Writings Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 8:23 am

I think this is Megadeth's worst album by a country mile. I can't even get through the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Cryptic Writings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cryptic Writings   Cryptic Writings Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 8:47 am

CRYPTIC WRITINGS....ehhh. Looking back, Mustaine was on auto-pilot on that album. I liked it OK when it was current but now that Megadeth has returned to thrashier, nastier material this one doesn't get much spin anymore.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

Cryptic Writings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cryptic Writings   Cryptic Writings Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 9:05 am

mc666 wrote:

Don`t spoil dilbert`s cryptic writings Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto

Cryptic Writings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cryptic Writings   Cryptic Writings Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 11:25 am

At the time there weren't many albums like this so even though it's not very thrashy I really liked it. Way down on the 'deth catalog but still gets some spins.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Cryptic Writings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cryptic Writings   Cryptic Writings Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 11:37 am

I never had a problem with it. Good album, just not as thrashy or technical as the older stuff. More main-stream perhaps, but still good. Been awhile since I've spun it in it's entirety, but mixed in with other Mega-tunes on shuffle, it sounds great.

Dave must think so too. 'Trust', 'Almost Honest' and 'She-Wolf' from that album frequently show up in their live set, 2 of which as recently as the Rust In Peace Live album.

Cryptic Writings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cryptic Writings   Cryptic Writings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cryptic Writings
Page 1 of 1