Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Ultra-Violence

Go down 
+7
Temple of Blood
Joe
ultmetal
Stender
Jesusandmetal23
James B.
11 posters
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

The Ultra-Violence Empty
PostSubject: The Ultra-Violence   The Ultra-Violence Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 7:48 pm

Went to town today (90 something miles away) Smile

Stopped in a local pawn shop and found me a copy of the Death Angel debut for a whopping three dollars and no sales tax.... I have had the vinyl for years and ALL the cd's seem to be way over priced. Anyways, imagine movin way out in the middle of nowhere's and finding a gem for next to nothing. If only they had some of those ol' Runnin Wild discs Laughing very hard for the same price..... The Hastings (new shop 4 me) store had new Priest and Kiss titles for 5.99 a pop.

I got alot of crazy looks cause I was sporting a Lex Metalis moshers shirt and blasting "Live To Die" on the cd player.

Laterz

If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

The Ultra-Violence Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ultra-Violence   The Ultra-Violence Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 8:09 pm

LUCKY
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

The Ultra-Violence Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ultra-Violence   The Ultra-Violence Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 8:14 pm

Nice score bro. Cool

I got that same lex metalis shirt, love it...ha.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

The Ultra-Violence Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ultra-Violence   The Ultra-Violence Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 8:17 pm

Death Angel rules and I wear my Lex Metalis moshers shirt all the time. Hacked the sleeves off it and it's one of my favorites. The Ultra-Violence 11840

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

The Ultra-Violence Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ultra-Violence   The Ultra-Violence Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 8:33 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Death Angel rules and I wear my Lex Metalis moshers shirt all the time. Hacked the sleeves off it and it's one of my favorites. The Ultra-Violence 11840

I hacked off mine but I am only sportin a tad over 17 inches on the biceps

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

The Ultra-Violence Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ultra-Violence   The Ultra-Violence Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 9:09 pm

Man that's a great find. I need that bad boy for my collection.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

The Ultra-Violence Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ultra-Violence   The Ultra-Violence Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 11:06 pm

That's cool that you found if that cheap. Maybe because they released the remastered box set not too long ago? Who knows. I haven't seen the original in a long time, besides the one on my cd shelf. Cool
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

The Ultra-Violence Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ultra-Violence   The Ultra-Violence Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 12:11 am

Can't get into this album.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

The Ultra-Violence Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ultra-Violence   The Ultra-Violence Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 9:29 am

Good Score James.I cant find a copy at a decent price,so if ya ever wanna unload it.... Smile
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

The Ultra-Violence Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ultra-Violence   The Ultra-Violence Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 10:17 am

Nice score, dude.

Moving out to the sticks may give you a slight advantage in finding some hidden gems these days. I feel like living in a big city, all the usual haunts for used cd shopping are pretty well picked over anymore.

Always plenty of k0rn and Limp Bizkit cd's available though. Skeet anyone?

Administrator
ultmetal

The Ultra-Violence Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ultra-Violence   The Ultra-Violence Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 12:22 pm

1. Frolic Through the Park
2. Act III
3. Ultra-Violence
4. Art of Dying
5. Killing Season

I'm really enjoying Relentless Retribution but I am not sure where it would fit on that list yet.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

The Ultra-Violence Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ultra-Violence   The Ultra-Violence Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 1:34 pm

ultmetal wrote:
2. Act III
3. Ultra-Violence
4. Art of Dying
5. Killing Season

I'm really enjoying Relentless Retribution but I am not sure where it would fit on that list yet.

I would rank mine similar to yours Ult,only switch Killing Season and Art of Dying
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

The Ultra-Violence Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ultra-Violence   The Ultra-Violence Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 1:53 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Nice score, dude.

Moving out to the sticks may give you a slight advantage in finding some hidden gems these days.

I've been living in "the sticks" for 11 years and I ain't never found nothin'! Sad

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

The Ultra-Violence Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ultra-Violence   The Ultra-Violence Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 2:42 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Nice score, dude.

Moving out to the sticks may give you a slight advantage in finding some hidden gems these days.

I've been living in "the sticks" for 11 years and I ain't never found nothin'! Sad

Try digging some holes in your yard. I heard some folks find buried treasures that way.

As for The Ultra-Violence, it's probably the least listened to in the DA catalog. It's a good album, but sometimes it seems overly, uhhhh, what the phase I'm looking for here? Jumpy? Technical? Time changes all over the place for no apparent reason. I think as they matured, the songwriting got better. It's a good thrash album and given the young age of the participants at the time, it's brilliant. Just not the first Death Angel disc I reach for when I'm in the mood. Act III is probably my favorite.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

The Ultra-Violence Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ultra-Violence   The Ultra-Violence Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 2:55 pm

Great find! That's their best album by far. I liked Frolic Through the Park as well but I dislike everything since. Their new album is terrible.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

The Ultra-Violence Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ultra-Violence   The Ultra-Violence Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 3:33 pm

Lurideath wrote:
their new album is terrible.

What don't you like about it?

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

The Ultra-Violence Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ultra-Violence   The Ultra-Violence Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 7:55 pm

ultmetal wrote:
2. Act III
3. Ultra-Violence
4. Art of Dying
5. Killing Season

The top two would be switched for me

Laterz

The Ultra-Violence Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ultra-Violence   The Ultra-Violence Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Ultra-Violence
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: