Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal Metropolis - September update

Go down 
+7
JBall_Z
Required Fields
Addy
BillRoxx
DallasBlack
krokus
kmorg
11 posters
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Metal Metropolis - September update Empty
PostSubject: Metal Metropolis - September update   Metal Metropolis - September update Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 12:01 pm

Read it and weep! Very Happy

New reviews:
Antithesis - 'Dreaming Reality'
At The Gates - 'Gardens Of Grief'
Iron Maiden - 'The Final Frontier'
Masterplan - 'Time To Be King'
Ozzy Osbourne - 'Scream'
Savage Grace - 'Master Of Disguise / The Dominatress'
Triosphere - 'The Road Less Travelled'
Vindicator - 'The Dog Beneath The Skin'

Updated reviews:

At The Gates - 'The Red In The Sky Is Ours/With Fear I Kiss The Burning Darkness'
Guardian - 'Swing Swang Swung'

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis - September update   Metal Metropolis - September update Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 1:19 pm

Nice like always, i am going to check it out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis - September update   Metal Metropolis - September update Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 1:26 pm

I've never seen you so wrong as you are on the Ozzy album. lol! No, it's cool you like it, I just found that when it's playing I tune it out, not that interesting.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis - September update   Metal Metropolis - September update Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 3:13 pm

Your review of the new OZZY is very positive. I listen to some samplers and didnt like them, but after reading your review, i will check them out again. Maybe i had a bad day when i play them on YOU TUBE.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis - September update   Metal Metropolis - September update Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 5:14 am

I dunno. I just liked how catchy it was. It wasn't a pretentious album, or an attempt to invent the wheeel again, just a bunch of catchy songs. It's not his best work, by far, but still an album that sounds Ozzy to me. And I like Ozzy!

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis - September update   Metal Metropolis - September update Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 8:37 am

Always a good thing when you or Ult update your sites. headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis - September update   Metal Metropolis - September update Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 11:26 am

Kurt I 1000% agree with your ozzy review!

Glad someone wrote it and I would have said similar!

Nice reviews!
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis - September update   Metal Metropolis - September update Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 11:52 am

Now that I know Gus G. is involved with that new Ozzy album, I might have to give this a listen, I really like his work with Firewind.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis - September update   Metal Metropolis - September update Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 12:04 pm

Im in full agreement with Kurt's assessment of the new Ozzy
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis - September update   Metal Metropolis - September update Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 3:35 pm

Thanks, guys!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis - September update   Metal Metropolis - September update Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 5:49 pm

Checking the updates out now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis - September update   Metal Metropolis - September update Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 6:32 pm

I am glad to hear you're enjoying the new Ozzy CD. I still haven't bought it. I always like Ozzy- even "Down To Earth" and "Black Rain", especially the former. However, most reviews have been so mediocre, I keep passing on this CD even though it's relatively inexpensive for a new release and I really like the song "Let Me Hear You Scream". Anyway, I think I'm going to pick this up the next time I see it. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis - September update   Metal Metropolis - September update Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 7:41 pm

Next to The Ultimate Sin you have a pic of the No Rest For The Wicked line up.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis - September update   Metal Metropolis - September update Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 12:34 am

Marius is outdoing himself, and quite frankly, the man plays circles around most other guitar-players out there today! What I like the most about him is that even though he is a word class shredder, he isn't flashy. He plays what is needed in the song, and it is such a pleasure to listen to his magic! I'd rank him alongside the Jørn Viggo Lofstad's (Pagan's Mind) and Jeff Loomis' (Nevermore) of the world, without hesitation. Ida is the one who gives the band it's identity.

Those were your words and with Jorn Lofstad being my second favorite guitar player out there, this is a must have for me. Comparing his to two of my favs is a no brainer and I thank you for mentioning them as this is now a must buy for me...

Great reviews
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis - September update   Metal Metropolis - September update Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 11:58 am

While I can't agree with your Ozzy review, I'm with you on your assement of the latest Maiden. And I didn't know Antithesis had a new one out. I'll have to get that one and maybe some Savage Grace as well. Nice job.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis - September update   Metal Metropolis - September update Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 1:04 pm

Savage Grace rule! I have 'em on vinyl. Need to get 'em on CD.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis - September update   Metal Metropolis - September update Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 2:27 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Next to The Ultimate Sin you have a pic of the No Rest For The Wicked line up.

Thanks for catching that!

MetalRob331 wrote:
Marius is outdoing himself, and quite frankly, the man plays circles around most other guitar-players out there today! What I like the most about him is that even though he is a word class shredder, he isn't flashy. He plays what is needed in the song, and it is such a pleasure to listen to his magic! I'd rank him alongside the Jørn Viggo Lofstad's (Pagan's Mind) and Jeff Loomis' (Nevermore) of the world, without hesitation. Ida is the one who gives the band it's identity.

Those were your words and with Jorn Lofstad being my second favorite guitar player out there, this is a must have for me. Comparing his to two of my favs is a no brainer and I thank you for mentioning them as this is now a must buy for me...

Great reviews

Awesome! I can't say enough good things abou this CD, you won't be dissapointed, imo.

MetalGuy71 wrote:
While I can't agree with your Ozzy review, I'm with you on your assement of the latest Maiden. And I didn't know Antithesis had a new one out. I'll have to get that one and maybe some Savage Grace as well. Nice job.

Thanks again!

PostSubject: Re: Metal Metropolis - September update   Metal Metropolis - September update Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal Metropolis - September update
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Conversation Piece-
Jump to: