Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Adiastasia - Life War

Go down 
+4
exact33
DallasBlack
Gilbert
ultmetal
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Adiastasia - Life War Empty
PostSubject: Adiastasia - Life War   Adiastasia - Life War Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 8:32 am

Adiastasia - Life War
Has anyone heard this progressive power metal band from Brazil? Thoughts? Opinions?

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Adiastasia - Life War   Adiastasia - Life War Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 8:55 am

I heard a couple of songs. My cousin is a fan.

Solid music. Should interest fans of the genre.

I believe their album is hard to find around here.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Adiastasia - Life War   Adiastasia - Life War Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 9:19 am

It's definitely Flower Metal. Slightly progressive with neo-classical element and orchestration. Keyboards tend to be as important, if not more important than the guitars at times. At times they remind me of Rhapsody of Fire, Dragonforce and Kamelot. I also hear some Yngwie and Dream Theater influences. Being that they are from Brazil, I'd also bet that Angra were a big influence on their sound.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Adiastasia - Life War   Adiastasia - Life War Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 10:10 am

I have their first album, Life War. While decent "flower metal" (I hate that term for some reason) it is nothing super special. In other words, it's a pleasant listen but when it comes to this style I prefer the other bands mentioned.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Adiastasia - Life War   Adiastasia - Life War Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 12:41 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
I have their first album, Life War. While decent "flower metal" (I hate that term for some reason) it is nothing super special. In other words, it's a pleasant listen but when it comes to this style I prefer the other bands mentioned.

thats my opinion as well. Its good for what it is but I dont find myself looking for it often.

PostSubject: Re: Adiastasia - Life War   Adiastasia - Life War Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 12:43 pm

I agree with Dallas, decent enough but seems like something is missing.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Adiastasia - Life War   Adiastasia - Life War Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 1:10 pm

Scott, I had this once, and I sold it off. Maybe it was a bit too flowery for my taste, or perhaps I've always expected something heavy and thrash oriented from Brazilian bands, but from what I remember, it was nothing special to hang on to.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Adiastasia - Life War   Adiastasia - Life War Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 1:13 pm

It's recently been remixed, remastered and re-released in a digi-pack format from Bombworks, for those interested. I'll have a review up soon.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Adiastasia - Life War   Adiastasia - Life War Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 2:17 pm

I listened to this CD once. It's gonna take a while before I do it again.....

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Adiastasia - Life War   Adiastasia - Life War Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 2:19 pm

kmorg wrote:

lol!
The story of many CD`s....
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Adiastasia - Life War   Adiastasia - Life War Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 2:21 pm

kmorg wrote:

Took me a while too.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Adiastasia - Life War   Adiastasia - Life War Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 7:25 pm

I am a HUGE power metal fan, however, this CD just didn't do that much for me. It seems to be lacking something that would make it really stand out. For some reason the singer's voice gets on my nerves after just a couple of songs, I would rather listen to Angra or Shining Star if I wanted to hear some music from Brazil. Adiastasia is OK, but I just don't listen to it very often. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adiastasia - Life War   Adiastasia - Life War Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adiastasia - Life War
Page 1 of 1