Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help me identify the band

Go down 
+3
325ad
stevegarveyfan
springgrove
7 posters
AuthorMessage
springgrove
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 4

Help me identify the band Empty
PostSubject: Help me identify the band   Help me identify the band Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 6:21 pm

Hi, registered to this forum for just this purpose. Figured if anyone could help me I would find them here. I have been searching all over for the band whose song I heard (and taped) on a christian rock/metal radio show in the fall of 1994.

The song starts with various speech samples arranged as if they were radio stations. The last one says (female voice) "...so rich, so flavorful, it doesn't lose its flavor in cooking" followed by the radio knob clicking off and a male voice saying "I wanna hear music." Then the guitar starts the song.

Lyrics of the chorus are:

"Say it again, what you just said,
I'm not sure it's real
I don't know just how to say
exactly how I feel

Oh, I feel (dumb?)"

Second verse starts with:

"Everybody's selling me miracles in bottles..."

Haven't had any luck with lyric seaches, Google, or going through the bands in the No Life Till Metal album reviews. Hope someone can help me out.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Help me identify the band   Help me identify the band Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 11:08 pm

Sounds like something from Hot Pink Turtle or DigHayZoose.
Back to top Go down
springgrove
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: Help me identify the band   Help me identify the band Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 5:01 pm

It has to be some obscure Christian band because I'm very familiar with most of them from that time period. Definitely not HPT, probably not DHZ. Sounds a bit like Tourniquet from the Vanishing Lessons era, singer has a voice a little like Luke Easter in the lower registers.
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: Help me identify the band   Help me identify the band Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 11:07 pm

I believe that might have been the Mellow Dramatic Wallflowers. The had a song called "Miracles in a bottle" which was losely based around Faith Teachers pawning miracles like Snake of of old. They were more Alternative than Metal though sorta like early Janes Addiction
Back to top Go down
springgrove
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: Help me identify the band   Help me identify the band Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 8:30 am

I don't think so...listened to some samples and they play a very different style than what I am looking for. The song I am looking for is very definitely metal, or at least a heavy grooving hard rock. Again, it sounds similar to Vanishing Lessons era Tourniquet. May not necessarily be a Christian band, as the radio show I heard it on also played Alice Cooper on occasion.
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: Help me identify the band   Help me identify the band Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 11:20 am

Ok. I tried. Without sound clip it will be hard to pin point. Especially if the band is obscure.
Back to top Go down
springgrove
Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: Help me identify the band   Help me identify the band Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 5:06 pm

Used to have it recorded to cassette from the radio but now only have it in my head. Thanks for the try.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Help me identify the band   Help me identify the band Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 7:18 pm

http://www.box.net/shared/bm7b72efo8

Anyone know that song? I swear I know it, but I can't place it.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Help me identify the band   Help me identify the band Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 2:44 am

Eyesore wrote:

I don't recognize it, but I'd like to know because it's a damn good song!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Help me identify the band   Help me identify the band Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 11:19 am

SAHB Healer wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I don't recognize it, but I'd like to know because it's a damn good song!

Ditto. No idea who it is, but a good tune nonetheless.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: Help me identify the band   Help me identify the band Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 11:26 am

Betty #1: "I can name that tune in three notes"

Barney#1: "Betty, name that tune"

gameshow yahoo: "Orland...please give our contestant her three notes"

PostSubject: Re: Help me identify the band   Help me identify the band Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help me identify the band
Page 1 of 1