Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any Nick Cave fans?

Go down 
+2
manny
Shawn Of Fire
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Any Nick Cave fans? Empty
PostSubject: Any Nick Cave fans?   Any Nick Cave fans? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 9:23 pm

I've always been super intrigued w/ Nick Cave, but have never taken time to really check him out. He's got a lot of stuff between The Birthday Party, The Bad Seeds and Grinderman.

I'm taste-testing Prayers On Fire from The Birthday Party now...any other suggestions?

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Any Nick Cave fans?   Any Nick Cave fans? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 9:28 pm

Yes I have plenty of suggestions try out the album 'Murder Ballads' which is where first discovered him, also 'Let Love In' and 'Boatman's Call', or can just snag 'The Best of Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds' which gives a nice overview of his solo career.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Any Nick Cave fans?   Any Nick Cave fans? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 9:34 pm

Nice! Thanks!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Any Nick Cave fans?   Any Nick Cave fans? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 3:01 am

I have that Best of Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds. Definitely have to be in the mood to listen to it, Manny has great suggestions.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Any Nick Cave fans?   Any Nick Cave fans? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 8:22 am

I love NICK CAVE...everything.

I'd suggest the "Let Love In" or "Henry's Dream" discs....2 of my favorites!!!

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Any Nick Cave fans?   Any Nick Cave fans? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 8:30 am

Thanks!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Any Nick Cave fans?   Any Nick Cave fans? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 3:31 am

By far and away the best thing Cave has been involved in is the Birthday Party, their best record imo is the Mutiny/Bad Seed EP comp which collects those two EPs from '83 together. But to be honest my interest lies more with guitarist Rowland S Howard than Cave so thats why i favour that release and the Birthday Party over Cave's Bad Seeds. The guy has one the most unique guitar sounds i've ever heard, like Link Wray cutting sheets of metal with a butchers knife! Just the greatest guitarist i've listened to.

The live Birthday Party record put out from various live recordings Henry Rollins found in his home is awesome, but it's not for the faint hearted some of the heaviest most incendiary music your could ever lay ears on.

Btw my fave Bad Seeds record would be Tender Prey followed by From Her To Eternity.

You should check out the Beasts Of Bourbon and the Scientists if your a fan of the Bad Seeds and the Birthday Party, Australian bands that came from the same swampy hell pit as the Birthday Party. Unique and different but mining the same blues punk sleaze as the Birthday Party........

Beasts Of Bourbon

The Scientists

Oh and you must hear Rowland S Howard's solo stuff..........

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Any Nick Cave fans?   Any Nick Cave fans? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 2:34 pm

Going to bump this since I bought Grinderman 2 this past weekend...really dark, edgy stuff...love it! He puts forth such a menacing attitude in his vocals...like he's some kind of "gentleman strangler" or something...he's going to smooth-talk you right up until he wraps his fingers around your throat...

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Any Nick Cave fans?   Any Nick Cave fans? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 2:42 pm

Grinderman has been popping up allot as recommendations for some of my other purchases on Amazon. And the new one got a pretty good write-up in a recent issue of 'Classic Rock' mag. I might have to check 'em out.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Any Nick Cave fans?   Any Nick Cave fans? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 2:44 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Grinderman has been popping up allot as recommendations for some of my other purchases on Amazon. And the new one got a pretty good write-up in a recent issue of 'Classic Rock' mag. I might have to check 'em out.

It's really good, IMO...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Any Nick Cave fans?   Any Nick Cave fans? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 3:07 pm

Hmmmmm, I dunno. Listened to some clips. Maybe if I'm in the right mood, but it might be a little too "out there" for regular spins.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Any Nick Cave fans?   Any Nick Cave fans? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 3:38 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Hmmmmm, I dunno. Listened to some clips. Maybe if I'm in the right mood, but it might be a little too "out there" for regular spins.

It is a little out there...not necessarily something you'd crank up flying down the highway with the windows down...but I like it a lot.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Any Nick Cave fans?   Any Nick Cave fans? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 7:24 am

Listening to From Her To Eternity this morning...Nick Cave is who The Doors should have got to replace Jim Morrisson....

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Any Nick Cave fans?   Any Nick Cave fans? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 8:31 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Listening to From Her To Eternity this morning...Nick Cave is who The Doors should have got to replace Jim Morrisson....

That would have been cool, but to me, no Jim Morrison, no Doors, end of story.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Any Nick Cave fans?   Any Nick Cave fans? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 8:52 am

manny wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I know...I'm just saying his presence, mystery and ominence would have fit, IMO.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Any Nick Cave fans?   Any Nick Cave fans? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 9:04 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
manny wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I know...I'm just saying his presence, mystery and ominence would have fit, IMO.

Not to mention his lyrics, which would fit the Doors music perfectly, and he would have been a better choice then Ian Astbury
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Any Nick Cave fans?   Any Nick Cave fans? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 9:55 am

BTW Shawn when it comes to the Doors and Jim Morrison I am such a major fanboy I probably could not give you an unbias view.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Nick Cave fans?   Any Nick Cave fans? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any Nick Cave fans?
Page 1 of 1