Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you still use a VCR?

Go down 
+14
the sentinel
stepcousin
TheGooch
SAHB Healer
mr.electric39
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
kmorg
Fat Freddy
SideShowDisaSter
Smindas
mc666
Required Fields
18 posters

Do you still use a VCR?
Yes, I still enjoy watching films on VHS
Do you still use a VCR? Vote_lcap60%Do you still use a VCR? Vote_rcap
 60% [ 15 ]
No, I sold mine when I bought a DVD player
Do you still use a VCR? Vote_lcap4%Do you still use a VCR? Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Yes, but I use it only if I need to record something on TV
Do you still use a VCR? Vote_lcap8%Do you still use a VCR? Vote_rcap
 8% [ 2 ]
I have one, but I haven't used it in years
Do you still use a VCR? Vote_lcap28%Do you still use a VCR? Vote_rcap
 28% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 25

AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Do you still use a VCR? Empty
PostSubject: Do you still use a VCR?   Do you still use a VCR? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 6:12 pm

In my family, there is still a VCR. I own many movies on VHS (Office Space, Raiders of the Lost Ark, some Jackie Chan films, some hockey compilations, etc.), and have many videotaped programs. I don't use them very often, but still, I haven't totally abandoned the VCR/VHS yet.

What about you? Have you sold your VCR and all of your VHS tapes, or do you still hold on to them?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Do you still use a VCR?   Do you still use a VCR? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 6:19 pm

i can't use the poll because my selection isn't really there. i do use my VCR, but only if i want to watch one of the movies that we haven't or cannot replace with a dvd. i don't really enjoy it, but it's still necessary sometimes.

Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Do you still use a VCR?   Do you still use a VCR? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 6:21 pm

So, even if sparingly, I'd select the first option if I was you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Do you still use a VCR?   Do you still use a VCR? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 6:24 pm

I have one but I just plain don't use it.

PostSubject: Re: Do you still use a VCR?   Do you still use a VCR? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 7:59 pm

I have a ton of movies on vcr and a vcr in my room but I don't really use it because I don't watch movies really.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Do you still use a VCR?   Do you still use a VCR? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 8:13 pm

I still have loads of movies on VHS that I watch. It's not really a matter of "enjoying" watching them in a certain format. It's more that I own in them in such a format, therefore I watch them. I've replaced a few with DVDs, but it's not really a goal of mine to have everything in a certain format to watch.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Do you still use a VCR?   Do you still use a VCR? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 8:23 pm

I have alot of movies on vhs I still watch. Any of the newer movies that we do buy are on dvd .Our player is a dual dvd/vhs player so it get's lots of use.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Do you still use a VCR?   Do you still use a VCR? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 8:42 pm

We have a DVD/VHS combo player in our living room because we still have lots of old VHS tapes as well as a growing DVD collection. However, I have no intention of going back and re-buying all the VHS movies I own on DVD... I went through that trying to replace my cassette collection with CD copies, and that is STILL an ongoing project after nearly fifteen years, so I don't need to start on another never-ending quest!!!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Do you still use a VCR?   Do you still use a VCR? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 5:05 am

None of the above. I first bought a combined VCR/DVD player, and used to have my entire VHS collection. But that machine sucked, so I bought a DVD only player, and have since sold/given away my VHS collection. The only VHS tape left in my house is some old wedding movies and stuff like that.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Do you still use a VCR?   Do you still use a VCR? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 10:11 am

I have my VCR hooked up, but can't remember the last time I used it. Between watching DVD's and recording on my Tivo, the VCR is just collecting dust. I just couldn't bring myself to disconnect it.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Do you still use a VCR?   Do you still use a VCR? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 3:28 pm

Yes, I use it on occassion. I have a bunch of concert videos on VHS.

PostSubject: Re: Do you still use a VCR?   Do you still use a VCR? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 5:55 pm

I still tape shows off the tv on vhs. I'm the only one.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Do you still use a VCR?   Do you still use a VCR? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 10:02 pm

ultmetal wrote:

the same thing.... I really need to get a lot of those onto dvd format...
barren cross/bloodgood/crossforce/valor/deliverance/eternal ryte/soldier/armada/ some others I can't remember
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Do you still use a VCR?   Do you still use a VCR? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2007 12:30 am

I only use mine to burn something off VHS onto DVD.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Do you still use a VCR?   Do you still use a VCR? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2007 1:39 pm

i have three dvd players just that are mine as there are seven in our house in total but i have a vcr i record things on sometimes and i have videos i bought from car boots and charity shops
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Do you still use a VCR?   Do you still use a VCR? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 7:48 pm

ultmetal wrote:

I havent used my VCR in about 4 years but the last time I used it was for the same reason. I have a friend who can convert tapes to dvd so alot of mine are dvd now.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Do you still use a VCR?   Do you still use a VCR? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 7:08 pm

Every now and again only b/c some of my movies are on vhs and I am to cheap or can't replace them easily on dvd. Peace.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you still use a VCR?   Do you still use a VCR? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 12:37 am

Sometimes i use the VCR to watch old Disney Movies when i'm feeling nostalgic
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you still use a VCR?   Do you still use a VCR? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 12:40 am

ha.

actually me and my husband are in the middle of watching the 2nd Die Hard movie on VHS right now...and we're gonna finish it as soon as the Raiders preseason game is over!
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Do you still use a VCR?   Do you still use a VCR? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 4:58 pm

nope don't use it at all.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Do you still use a VCR?   Do you still use a VCR? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 5:18 pm

yes i do darn it! VCR's RULE!
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Do you still use a VCR?   Do you still use a VCR? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 2:41 pm

I still have one, but I never use it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Do you still use a VCR?   Do you still use a VCR? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 6:29 pm

i have a video player, but only use it to watch some of my early rock or metal tapes that i can't get on DVD yet
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you still use a VCR?   Do you still use a VCR? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 6:47 pm

I use my VCR to watch my WASP Live In London video and my Ultimate Revenge 2 video. Dark Angel rips on that one!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you still use a VCR?   Do you still use a VCR? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you still use a VCR?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: