Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Violent Playground-Thrashin' Blues-(Your Help is Needed)

Go down 
+3
Stender
ultmetal
troublemagnet
7 posters
AuthorMessage
troublemagnet
Metal Conspiracist

Number of posts : 410

Violent Playground-Thrashin' Blues-(Your Help is Needed) Empty
PostSubject: Violent Playground-Thrashin' Blues-(Your Help is Needed)   Violent Playground-Thrashin' Blues-(Your Help is Needed) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 8:15 pm

I'm looking for any information you have of late 80's thrash band VIOLENT PLAYGROUND. I'm trying to write a book/essay/article on their whereabouts, where are they now etc.I have the original cassette and cd and recently bought their media kit off of e-bay, to little or no avail. What little information I do have is that they're from the Fort Lauderdale area and the bass player's name was Traci Kerr, not "Gerrit".

It seems though that Kenny "the Son" Civale is deceased. I skipped traced him when I used to be a bill collector(I needed the money,I was sleeping in my car) and that seemed to be the case. I tried e-mailing him but the address seems no longer to be valid. Here is a condolence from Kenny's website:

http://www.mojoshred.com/Kenny's%20Appearances.html

I have tried facebook etc,to no avail. I even submitted Violent Playground to the Metal Archives for prosperity.I love this band and the lack of practically any information on this band or their current status is baffling, considering a ton of third-teir thrash bands are well represented with at least a MY space page.Adding to the confusion there seems to be an alternative rock band with the same name.
This is almost like Eddie and the Cruisers-the lack of info is amazing to me at least-as if the former band members don't want to be found.

I would appreciate any information about Violent Playground or how their music impacted you.

Thanks to everyone,
Jeremy(troublemagnet)
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Violent Playground-Thrashin' Blues-(Your Help is Needed)   Violent Playground-Thrashin' Blues-(Your Help is Needed) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 8:19 pm

I was blastin' this CD in my car today. Violent Playground-Thrashin' Blues-(Your Help is Needed) 11840

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Violent Playground-Thrashin' Blues-(Your Help is Needed)   Violent Playground-Thrashin' Blues-(Your Help is Needed) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 9:06 pm

That is an incredible album. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: Violent Playground-Thrashin' Blues-(Your Help is Needed)   Violent Playground-Thrashin' Blues-(Your Help is Needed) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 9:59 pm

Get in contact with Ed Repka. He may know something, since he did the art for their album.
Back to top Go down
gerrit
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: Violent Playground-Thrashin' Blues-(Your Help is Needed)   Violent Playground-Thrashin' Blues-(Your Help is Needed) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 10:06 pm

troublemagnet, i've no idea what happened to the other guys in the band. I'm gerrit the bass player on the album, traci was the original bass player but he took off when they ended up in new york state to record the album and i joined up but was let go after recording was finished, so i played on the album but did no live shows. looks like traci joined again after that. ed repka would have no clue about the band since we never met the artist. big chief records (if they even exist anymore) may have some ideas or whoever was managing them on thier live shows other than that. sorry to see the son has passed.
Back to top Go down
Cognitive Dissonance
Metal student
Metal student
Cognitive Dissonance

Number of posts : 124

PostSubject: Re: Violent Playground-Thrashin' Blues-(Your Help is Needed)   Violent Playground-Thrashin' Blues-(Your Help is Needed) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 4:56 pm

How did I miss this???
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Violent Playground-Thrashin' Blues-(Your Help is Needed)   Violent Playground-Thrashin' Blues-(Your Help is Needed) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 5:19 pm

I forgot what band they were touring with, maybe WHIPLASH, probably in Jan/Feb 1988 or 89, and the first thing they did was jump off the stage and in unison, do the "boom chugga lugga" troop marching from the movie STRIPES in a square pattern, than kicked into the first riff!

Surprised the hell out of everybody and made us all smile and liked them immediately.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Violent Playground-Thrashin' Blues-(Your Help is Needed)   Violent Playground-Thrashin' Blues-(Your Help is Needed) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Violent Playground-Thrashin' Blues-(Your Help is Needed)
Page 1 of 1