Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Exciting Troglodyte Dawn news!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Exciting Troglodyte Dawn news! Empty
PostSubject: Exciting Troglodyte Dawn news!   Exciting Troglodyte Dawn news! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 11:08 am

The big news in the TD camp is that our drummer, Big John Tinker, had decided that the UFTA show would be his final performance with the band. We are forever grateful to him for his efforts that helped get the band out of the Cave and on to the stage. We wish him well in his new endeavors and remind him that he will always be a part of this family whether he likes it or not...blood in...blood out, brother!

The rest of the story is that we have, after a six year long search, finally found a local drummer with the right stuff to propel us into the next chapter of our history. Enter Greg Chaisson, former bassist for BADLANDS, DIE HAPPY, RED SEA and BLINDSIDE BLUES BAND. Greg, having switched to drums several years ago because he wanted a new challenge musically, saw the ad we placed online, heard the music and was intrigued enough to contact us for an audition. Of course, my first question after he introduced himself was: "But Greg, you're a bassist and I'm looking for a drummer." Yeah, yeah, yeah...nobody had asked him that question up to this point in time, right? Right. Once he shared the specifics of his migration to drums, we scheduled a date and time for him to come play with the band. After that short audition, Kev, Justin and I were convinced we had found our man and offered him the job on the spot - which he accepted. Along with his natural drumming abilities, Greg also brings his years of professional experience to Troglodyte Dawn and a personality that fit so well with the rest of us, it felt as though we had already known each other for years when we met.

Many exciting things are on the horizon, but for now we will be returning to the Cave for a short time to work out a new live set for some local gigs in the near future and focus on writing new material in order to get this lineup into the studio as soon as possible.

It's been a long road here...many thanks to those of you who have walked beside us and not faltered!

- Trog

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Exciting Troglodyte Dawn news!   Exciting Troglodyte Dawn news! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 11:11 am

Way cool! Bring it, Trogg-ster!!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Exciting Troglodyte Dawn news!   Exciting Troglodyte Dawn news! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 11:14 am

That is friggin' awesome!! Go Randy!!

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Exciting Troglodyte Dawn news!   Exciting Troglodyte Dawn news! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 11:36 am

Thats Great! Didnt realize Greg switched instruments though.Congrats to ya Troggy!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Exciting Troglodyte Dawn news!   Exciting Troglodyte Dawn news! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 12:01 pm

Sweet!!! Can't wait to hear some new material!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exciting Troglodyte Dawn news!   Exciting Troglodyte Dawn news! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exciting Troglodyte Dawn news!
Page 1 of 1